Team-BHP - Share your moment / memories of hitting the 100,000 km mark
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Shifting gears (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifting-gears/)
-   -   Share your moment / memories of hitting the 100,000 km mark (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifting-gears/273902-share-your-moment-memories-hitting-100-000-km-mark-4.html)

My car is the Etios Liva GD (Liva the Diva !!), currently at 8 years 5 months and 215,000 km on ODO

1 lakh km - 7 Dec 2018 - End of Expressway Pune side while going to Mahabaleshwar with my office colleagues .

Share your moment / memories of hitting the 100,000 km mark-1-lakh.jpeg

2 lakh km - 28 May 2023 - Kharghar Navi Mumbai .

Share your moment / memories of hitting the 100,000 km mark-2-lakh.jpeg

Wish I had taken the ODO snap but the best moment with my car so far is around 204,000 km at highest motorable pass Umling La - 3rd July 2023 , that's me and my super car :Cheering:

I had planned to do the 2 lakh km at Umling La but the trip kept getting postponed and finally could only go in July 2023 by which time it was already beyond 2 lakh km.

Share your moment / memories of hitting the 100,000 km mark-umlng-la.jpg

3 of our cars had touched 100k Kms and all were used, where we had sold 2, and 1 is still with us.

A 2012 Vento TDI, which we bought used in Feb 2013 when the odo was at 12k Kms and had completed 100k Kms in mid-2016 IIRC, and the car was sold 6 months (sold in Jan 2017) after completing 1L Kms on the odo and the odo while handing over the car was 112k Kms. The last when I saw this car at a Kia pre-owned car showroom in July this year while I was on my way home, the odo was at around 186k Kms (I felt something was fishy when I saw the odo).

Next is the 2011 Innova VX, which we bought again used in Jul 2016 when the odo was at 75k Kms and completed 100k Kms just a few months after completing 1 year of ownership with the car. Used it for 120k Kms in 6 years of ownership and sold it in Apr 2022 when the odo was at 196k Kms.

Our present car, a 2014 Honda City iDTEC, was again bought used in 2017 when the odo was at 35k Kms and had completed 100k Kms in Dec 2020. The present odo of the car as of today is 178k Kms and have driven this car for more than 140k Kms in 6.5 years of ownership. The running of my car got reduced after I moved to USA in Aug 2023.

At present, the car is being driven by mom for her commute to work and occasionally driven by dad for short distances, and badly keen on replacing it with a reliable Petrol AT sedan or C-SUV this year during my visit to India this summer as our running doesn't warrant a Diesel anymore (does 20 Kms a day) but still my folks refuse to sell this car (hope they will oblige selling it off this time) even after I threaten them with a gun due to the FE it offers (gives no less than 16-18 Kmpl even today despite its age is almost 10 years old and 180k Kms on the odo) and the comfort it offers. Moreover, I won't see myself coming back to India at least for a few years. Recently, our folks spent nearly 40k by getting the busted fan motors replaced, which resulted in overheating, at Honda ASC, and a year ago, we had spent more than 1L on getting the car restored at ASC by getting the whole car painted, suspension replaced and tyres changed and might be seeing more expenses in the future.

Quote:

Originally Posted by SideView (Post 5671158)
Hitting 1,00,000 is special for any driver be it in kilometres or miles, especially if it is your first vehicle or if its your first time after owning multiple vehicles.

As the thread starter, I finally joined the 1L kms club.

It was on route from Kerala to Bangalore, somewhere in TN after Salem.

Parked the vehicle at side took pic of odo and the location for the memories. Couldnt celebrate at the location as it was long tiring journey and had started early morning, but had a nice scrumptious snacks and juice at saravana bhavan at krishnagiri during the planned break.

Share your moment / memories of hitting the 100,000 km mark-img_0204.jpeg

Share your moment / memories of hitting the 100,000 km mark-img_0205.jpeg

Share your moment / memories of hitting the 100,000 km mark-img_0206.jpeg

Would be interesting where the exact location is , board says Mookanur(left) and Koonampatti (right)

Share your moment / memories of hitting the 100,000 km mark-img20240617wa0000.jpg

Covering 1 lakh km in our trusty, little rusty:coldsweat ciaz(white panda). All the features work very well. This image was taken by my dad, we deliberately took a small drive at the Palm beach service road of Nerul.

This car truly was a blessing for us, no accidents or any major issues. Though it's a 9 year old car, there are some minor wear and tear. The tires were replaced by my dad at ~60,000 km with Yokohama tires.

Till then, keep munching miles and good luck to all:loveit

-Anonymous guy