Team-BHP - Share your moment / memories of hitting the 100,000 km mark
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Shifting gears (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifting-gears/)
-   -   Share your moment / memories of hitting the 100,000 km mark (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifting-gears/273902-share-your-moment-memories-hitting-100-000-km-mark.html)

Hitting 1,00,000 is special for any driver be it in kilometres or miles, especially if it is your first vehicle or if its your first time after owning multiple vehicles.

Currently I am on cusp of hitting this threshold with my Nissan Terrano from 8 years of ownership (around 1.5k still to go)
-> 60k was done by 2018
-> Covid shutdown + shifting jobs reduced my vehicle usage drastically.

Curious to hear some stories or special moments that you recollect when you had touched this milestone or on the way to this milestone.

Did you have anything special planned(roadtrips/get together)? Any other celebration? Or makeover for vehicle?

Or

Was it more of thought “ OMG I am going to loose all that resale and need to sell it off fast rl:”

My journey so far has been a mixed bag:
Have I been stranded on remote road during my travels: Thankfully No.
Have I been stranded in front of my house: Yes (Door got auto locked with engine running that too on a sunday:Frustrati)
Some weird issue here and there but nothing of that sort that makes me WANT to sell my vehicle.
But as soon as I get behind the wheels especially on a highway it brings a smile on my face (K9K 110 ps + turbo combo is addictive)

Inshort: I am a satisfied soul.

Feel free to share some of your stories! (So that i can also plan something similar lines or atleast make me think)

Most recently, we had two cars in the family, which had gone beyond 1 lakh kms.

A second-gen i10 which ran for more than 1.5 lakh kms before an engine seizure caused it to be replaced by an i20 Active (which then ran for 80K kms before being replaced by a Grand Vitara). And a Brio which is currently at more than 1.75 lakh kms and still running.

The respective owners (father and brother) didn't really seem to care much about any milestones though. The cars just ran and ran, the Brio still is mechanically sound with no issue. No-nonsense people with no-nonsense cars.

I suppose I'll also probably just follow suit, keep driving my car and remember touching 1 lakh kms only after I cross 1.2 lakh kms.

Hitting the lakh kms on the odo is a big deal and excitement for me. It is a big milestone for the vehicle and for the owner on how it has been maintained to reach that mark.

The first vehicle that comes to mind was my old carb Maruti 800 that was a hand me down from my dad to my sister and to me. It was 96 model and I got it when it had run around 88k kms. I hit the lakh mark when I sold it. Still ran well for its age in 2010.

The second vehicle is my 2002 Bullet Electra currently at 1,28,000 kms on the stock un-opened engine. Still runs fine. I celebrated the milestone by doing a 400 kms ride during which it hit the mark.

Recently, it was a 72' Fiat 1100D that hit the lakh. The car came to me when it had around 97k kms from a friend and fellow member who left it in my care. Again, running on the stock unopened engine and runs perfectly.

Our 2006 Ford Fiesta 1.6 petrol hit the 100k kilometres mark in a setting that really suits its character. It was on a late night airport run while going WOT (wide open throttle) on an ORR entrance ramp. :D

While I don't have any pictures of the reading, the moment is ingrained into my memory. The hundred-thousands digit of the odometer changing from a 0 to a 1 for the first time ever was quite historic!

We didn't really have anything specific planned for the car. In fact, we actually received only bad news on the next service: we were told that getting a replacement rear reading light was not possible, since the part had apparently been discontinued for years! Soon after though, we did take it on a very fun road trip to Gandikota, barely a week before Covid19 hit.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Small Bot (Post 5671430)

I suppose I'll also probably just follow suit, keep driving my car and remember touching 1 lakh kms only after I cross 1.2 lakh kms.

Thanks for sharing!

I will for sure at the very least try to get a pic (provided i am at a location where i can pull over and do it safely) :Cheering:

On October 28, 2023, we completed the 100,000 km milestone with our Honda City 3rd generation face-lifted version purchased in 2012.

We crossed the milestone as part of our yearly vacation that we usually plan for our wedding anniversary.
For this year's vacation, we planned a road-trip and a stay near Ooty.
On October 28, 2023, we drove from Hyderabad to Mysore, and on the next day, drove from Mysore to Ooty (through Bandipur and Mudumalai), driving up the 36 hair-pin bends up to Ooty for our vacation.

We crossed the milestone on October 28, 2023 around 6:15 AM on the Hyderabad-Bangalore highway. We were somewhere in Andhra Pradesh (around the vicinity of Gooty) when we clocked the 100,000 km mark.

As we neared the dates to our annual vacation, I realized that we'll cross the 100,000 km milestone of our car as part of this trip. When starting from Hyderabad, I calculated the kilometers left to reach 100,000, and calculated the approximate time when we would touch this, and kept a mental note of the time. Sure enough, around the time, we were around 99,995 km on the odometer. I drove the next 5 km quite slowly, savoring the drive, and anticipating the milestone.

We did a quick stop at the 99,999 km mark for a photo.
Share your moment / memories of hitting the 100,000 km mark-99kkm.jpg

When we touched 100,000 km, we safely parked the car out of the main carriage-way of the highway to capture the moment.
Share your moment / memories of hitting the 100,000 km mark-1lakhkm.jpg

View from my driving seat at 100,000 km.
Share your moment / memories of hitting the 100,000 km mark-viewfromdrivingseat_1lakhkm.jpg

My wife and myself got down from the car to take a photo of us together with the car on this milestone.
Share your moment / memories of hitting the 100,000 km mark-photowithcar.jpg

The car has served us well, and we have many happy memories with the car. We hope to hold on to it for as long as we can.

Apart from periodic maintenance, the car has been quite trouble-free, with zero rattles till date. This is one of the generations of the Honda City with the Torque Converter automatic, and the gearbox combination with the i-VTEC engine is a true enthusiast's delight. It works great for both sedate driving, as well as enthusiastic driving when I'm in the mood for it.

It allows munching miles quite effortlessly, as long as the road conditions are great.
Looking forward to many more happy miles with it!

The 100000 moment of our beloved Punto.

Share your moment / memories of hitting the 100,000 km mark-img_1457.jpg

That day my wife left her car at a parking spot and got in to the Punto with me so that she could be there for the moment.

We went to a nearby cake shop and brought home a cake to honour the achievement of the car and the driver.

We had almost decided on selling the Punto off after it got flood damaged in 2018 when it was around 50000kms on the odo, but the trusted horse came back and ran another 50000 without any issues. Even when I sold it off it was more because of my health issues and not that of the car. That recollection made this moment even more worth celebrating for us.

Have done 100,000 km a few times on a few of the cars I've driven. The only photo I could locate was of my Scorpio, in which I did it in just over 4 years.

Share your moment / memories of hitting the 100,000 km mark-100000.jpg

Edit: The other time I have pics of crossing 100,000 km...
Quote:

Originally Posted by SS-Traveller (Post 1419432)
Here are the pics celebrating 100,000 km in 55 months.

Attachment 170594

Attachment 170595

Personally, crossing 1L on a two wheeler will give me more kick than doing it in a car since it challenges the owner's endurance as well.

I have 3 cars that crossed 1L and following are me observations:
1. I am relieved to have at least used 20% of engine's life, probably the best part of engine's life.
2. I absolutely cherish the kick seeing fancy 6 digit combinations on Odo. My Dzire just touched 141516 km reading and I enjoyed seeing the Odo. Every new thousand kms on Odo want me to keep going on and on.

These two cars crossed the 1L km mark during our ownership.

Share your moment / memories of hitting the 100,000 km mark-264702_156036887801546_3822560_n.jpg

When the Uno touched the 1L km mark, it was being driven by our driver, so I do not have a pic/video of that odo reading.

A video of our Etios touching the 1L km mark.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o3Q29JSVaL4

Reached this milestone with our Scorpio on 23 Nov 2023. Parked aside and took a picture to remember this event. I was a happy and a bit emotional remembering all that we have been thru together. She will be 15 next year and plans are in progress for the renewal of RC.

The first car in our family to ever hit the 1 Lakh kms milestone is our 2014 4X2 MT Fortuner and it did it on 15th October 2022.

A solid, trusty, reliable, and safe companion. Maintenance is cheap but parts which are less known to fail if need replacement are on the expensive side…

I know 1 Lakh kms is nothing for a BoF Diesel Toyota but yes for us it means a lot ! I was gleaming with a grin across my face when the car hit the 1Lakh kms mark on the way to my grandparents house. The emotional attachment I have with this car is something else and I would like to retain it even after the replacement arrives next year.

Share your moment / memories of hitting the 100,000 km mark-efdcae1110e948c88bc654da2b200005.jpeg

Share your moment / memories of hitting the 100,000 km mark-0566e0392bcb46b2b1daf176ed7d98b3.jpeg

Share your moment / memories of hitting the 100,000 km mark-64ab098fddae4161a86d2de83b179b2f.jpeg

I hit 1L ODO with my Mahandra Marazzo on November 23, 2022.
Share your moment / memories of hitting the 100,000 km mark-img_20221123_073048.jpg
Share your moment / memories of hitting the 100,000 km mark-img_20221123_072948.jpg

This was the first time I ever crossed one lakh kilometers in any of my cars.

Our little Petrol Beat crossed 1,00,000 KM mark early last year at Keylong, HP :)

Details here: https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offic...ml#post5300336

Cheers!

My Terrano which I purchased from a friend at 83-85k ODO recently crossed one lakh milestone and currently at 107k. Which location are you from btw?