Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th December 2023, 08:58   #1
Team-BHP Support

Lost and Found in KIAL (Bangalore Airport) - It really works!

On 23rd Dec, I flew to Chennai for the evening and forgot my AirPods during the security check. Realised this when I was awaiting my flight, I checked immediately with security but they could not find it.

My "Findmyiphone" app said, it was last seen in my car parked at the airport so I assumed that I left it in car. Returned home at around 2 am and forgot to search the car. Was quite busy on 24th morning. I then searched the car in the evening but it was not there. I checked the app. The AirPods were clearly inside KIAL.

My wife suggested that I go to the KIAL website.
https://www.bengaluruairport.com/tra...ces/lost-found

I fired up my laptop

Lost and Found in KIAL (Bangalore Airport) - It really works!-screenshot-20231227-8.43.29-am.png

Searched for items found on the 23rd. It is amazing how many things got lost. Sifted through 10 pages.

Lost and Found in KIAL (Bangalore Airport) - It really works!-screenshot-20231227-8.44.25-am.png

Bingo - one set of AirPods were found (entry no longer there)

Click

Lost and Found in KIAL (Bangalore Airport) - It really works!-screenshot-20231227-8.45.03-am.png

I filled whatever details I could - time, exact AirPods model, case description etc.)

Within 1 hours, I got the following reply

Lost and Found in KIAL (Bangalore Airport) - It really works!-screenshot-20231227-8.50.07-am.png

Serial no? I had bought the AirPods abroad!, luckily Apple make it easier - go to your bluetooth devices and press on info and hey presto!
Lost and Found in KIAL (Bangalore Airport) - It really works!-img_1270c2f189f71.jpeg

I filled in the info and provided my ID + boarding card details

An hour later, pat comes the reply

Lost and Found in KIAL (Bangalore Airport) - It really works!-screenshot-20231227-8.50.33-am.png

I had 3 days to collect it. I was a happy bunny! Note that things are held for 1 week for identification. Luckily, I had to drop someone off at the airport so I popped over to the counter. They ascertained that I was the owner. I needed to fill in a form and they handed me the device (( think they had cleaned it up!)

Lost and Found in KIAL (Bangalore Airport) - It really works!-img_5765.jpg

Well done KIAL

(while waiting, I found a pair of spectacles, tried to hand it over but they only accept things from CISF, so I handed it over to a CISF security person)

Last edited by ajmat : 27th December 2023 at 16:46.
ajmat is offline   (59) Thanks
Old 27th December 2023, 15:53   #2
Team-BHP Support

Re: Lost and Found in KIAL (Bangalore Airport) - It really works!

Thread moved out from the Assembly Line. Thanks for sharing!
Aditya is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th December 2023, 16:41   #3
BHPian

I had a similar experience close to three years ago at KIAL. I had an early morning flight to Mumbai and forgot to put my laptop into the bag after the security check in a hurry to board.

I managed to get through the meeting as the presentations were stored on cloud (google slides). I wasn't aware that I could track lost and found online then. Upon my return, I went to the physical counter at the airport - I had to provide the same details as you did and voila, I got my laptop back!

I half expected it to be lost but I was glad that lost and found items are taken care of at KIAL. I'm sure there are many who are unaware that such a department exists at the airport and forego their belongings imagining it to be lost.
kesh4munni is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 28th December 2023, 10:07   #4
BHPian

Lost, Stolen and Recovered

I have had a slightly different experience with my AirPods and airport. While traveling back from Dubai, I forgot my AirPods pro in the flight. I realized it two days after the arrival and my first instinct was to mark them lost. The last location shown was of Dubai airport since I never used the AirPods after boarding. I contacted the lost and found but they never recovered my AirPods.

I considered buying a new AirPods and I lost all hopes of recovering the lost pair. Almost a couple of days later, I was notified by Find My app that the location of the AirPods was identified. It was in a locality near to the airport. Later that day, the AirPods were located near an aircraft at the airport. So, at this moment, my AirPods went from being lost to being stolen. I took a chance and reported to airlines that my AirPods have been stolen and I told them about my suspicion of their staff’s involvement.

They passed on the number of their Airline Security Chief posted at that particular airport. Screenshots of the location and the address of last location was shared. In the meantime, I kept tracking the AirPods and i could see the person roaming around in a shopping mall. I kept sharing this information with the security personnel.

After a wait of almost 2 days, the security staff recovered my AirPods and the suspect was identified. My device was handed over to me by airline carrier. No police complaint was registered and I was assured that a strict action has been taken against the aircraft cleaner staff who was involved in the incident.

Find My feature of Apple device has really helped me save myself from this kind of loss.
Attached Thumbnails
Lost and Found in KIAL (Bangalore Airport) - It really works!-img_2738.jpeg  

Lost and Found in KIAL (Bangalore Airport) - It really works!-img_2763.jpeg  

Tiago_Boy is offline   (10) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks