Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st August 2007, 00:17   #16
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rks View Post
The main reason we will not qualify for the World Cup is that our players cannot match the physical strength or fitness levels of those from the West. Football is as much a physical game as it is a game of skills. No amount of willpower or guidance can change this basic reality. And the top teams use advanced techniques not only to develop skills, but also to manage fitness/injury.
To Qualify for FIFA world cup India doesnt need to play any western countries. It needs to qualifiy in the Asian category.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclaren1885 View Post
Thats some brilliant news. I just wish the facilities at the ground levels pick up and there is proper training given to people keen on playing football. Back when I was selected for the state team, all we could do is get onto the field and play matches. Or jog a few rounds. There was no one to teach us the importance of dribbling, how to defend, attack etc. Hope things have changed now.
we will be training for the world cup qualifiers against Lebanon in Dubai as their stadiums have better facilities compared to India.

Bob Houghton is supposed to be doing some great job. India just rose 11 ranks and Syria was even then 38 ranks ahead of us. Lebanon is ranks before India but below Lebanon which makes me keep my fingers crossed.
Old 31st August 2007, 00:38   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by devarshi84 View Post
To Qualify for FIFA world cup India doesnt need to play any western countries. It needs to qualifiy in the Asian category.
oh, so we have reservation
Old 31st August 2007, 09:52   #18
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by devarshi84 View Post
Will Australia/Oceania group also be playing against the Asian qualifiers?

Between, Bob previously coached Australia, right?
Old 31st August 2007, 23:35   #19
Senior - BHPian

yes, as far as I know they are included in the Asian qualifiers.

I hope Bhutia continues playing until the Worldcup. (i.e. if we qualify.)

Last edited by devarshi84 : 31st August 2007 at 23:50.
Old 4th September 2007, 13:52   #20
BHPian

I remember there was a program launched with much fanfare a couple of years ago by the AIFF, the governing body for football in India. It was called "India in World Cup 2010". Although that's a pipe dream, but this achievement might just kick-start our progress towards that dream. If it happens in another 10 years time, I would be the happiest person on this earth. I have already committed myself to be there whenever and wherever it might be. I know I am dreaming, but..
Old 4th September 2007, 16:35   #21
Senior - BHPian

Lebanon wont be a hard target after beatig Syria but the the further qualifiers with more powerful teams will be tough.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks