Team-BHP - Indian Hockey Thread: "Chak de India"
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Shifting gears (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifting-gears/)
-   -   Indian Hockey Thread: "Chak de India" (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifting-gears/28324-indian-hockey-thread-chak-de-india-2.html)

Let's hope this brings in a new begining for Indian Hockey.
Wishing all the best for our National sport.

Atlast. This was long overdue. Hope the selectors do something better now and also provide some better facilities. And also this can be a bright awakening for lots of good young players

So Gillu's finally gone! Where does this lead Indian Hockey too? upwards I would think since they really can't go any lower than the pit bottom that they are at right now.

Yes they are - they win silver : India go down fighting in Azlan Shah final
Quote:

Argentina stopped a surging India in their stride at the Azlan Shah hockey tournament when they won the final 2-1 in extra-time in Ipoh, Malaysia, on Sunday.
Quote:

Originally Posted by iraghava (Post 812883)
Where does this lead Indian Hockey too? upwards I would think since they really can't go any lower than the pit bottom that they are at right now.

Indian won 4 matches in a row after losing first 2 badly.
this tournament had only 2nd rung teams but still its good finish considering recent developments.:thumbs up
Keep it up guys.

Well a matter of fact is that India had always won gold in case they were in the finals of the Sultan Azlan shah cup. This is the first time they are gettin silver. Was watching the game and they spoilt around 3 chances for a field goal. Both the times the ball was hit wide. Great show though by the team.

Scope is there for a better game. Its just some small lack of cordination. SV Sunil was brilliant in the game yesterday. Once hockey enters the golden goal phase its like pure luck on who can get first blood.
Anyways great game guys. Best of luck fo the future tournies

India enters semis of Asian Games by defeating Pak 3-2 today. Sandeep Singh scored 2 goals.

The Indian team is looking good in the Asian Games. I've a feeling that they'll win the Gold this time!

Good luck boys!

Cheers,
Vikram

Would love to see Pakistan defeat Korea and India defeat Malasiya to set up an exciting Final at the Asian Games.

Pakistan is leading Korea with a solitary goal as I type and hopefully India will defeat Malasiya too!!!

Big achievement by a young team with a new coach! :Cheering:

The Hindu : Sport / Hockey : India beats Pakistan, takes trophy

Hope this team goes from strength to strength and gets a podium finish in the 2012 Olympics!

Cheers,
Vikram

Brilliant news. I missed watching the match was engrossed in the 9/11 episodes on NatGeo.

Congrats to the Indian Team. I am going to have a smile on my face whole day tomorrow.

Brilliant. We won. Hurrah and great job team. There was no live coverage of the game!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by comfortablynumb (Post 2502099)
Big achievement by a young team with a new coach! :Cheering:

The Hindu : Sport / Hockey : India beats Pakistan, takes trophy

Hope this team goes from strength to strength and gets a podium finish in the 2012 Olympics!

Cheers,
Vikram

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spitfire (Post 2502104)
Brilliant news. I missed watching the match was engrossed in the 9/11 episodes on NatGeo.

Congrats to the Indian Team. I am going to have a smile on my face whole day tomorrow.

Quote:

Originally Posted by maddy42 (Post 2502215)
Brilliant. We won. Hurrah and great job team. There was no live coverage of the game!!

Asian Champion Indian hockey team rejects prize money - The Times of India

They offered all the champions a sum less than 4 Lakhs

While these guys got a tax break of 45 crores.
The Hindu : News / National : Cabinet was divided on tax relief to ICC

Quote:

Originally Posted by maddy42 (Post 2502215)

This was a big shame. I was frantically searching every channel. DD sports was showing a documentary "Road to Shaolin" while DD National was showing the cricket match between India England.

Even heard that the players didn't have proper shoes for the final match.

Was finally able to find a website which was giving text updates every 5 mins, and followed the match there. Apparently there were 7000 visitors on this site by the end of the match, and there were many pakistanis as well.

Geo TV in pakistan was also showing the India England match :D
Made a few pakistani friends on the website, and in general the visitors were pretty mannered as they all wished both the teams for the excellent match (which went down to penalty shootouts).
Common enemy here being the govt of india and pakistan which ignores the sport :)

Video of the final penalty shootout

INDIA PAKISTAN PENALYT SHOOTOUT FINAL - YouTube

They have refused peanuts (Rs.25000 each) as reward. Cricketers who have been booted all over the place are expected to pocket 10lacs plus each on their return.

I fully support the hockey players. If you give them peanuts then what you will get will be m....s.