Team-BHP - Indian Hockey Thread: "Chak de India"
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Shifting gears (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifting-gears/)
-   -   Indian Hockey Thread: "Chak de India" (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifting-gears/28324-indian-hockey-thread-chak-de-india.html)

Looks like the phrase "chak de India" really working for hockey & football.
India beats Srilanka 20-nil in the first match of Hockey Asia Cup.
Will India regain the lost glory? Will Sponsers pour in more money in Hockey? Lets wait and watch.

One thing I can vouch for is "Chak De India" movie really rocks.

Chak De India
GD

Did you observe one thing. No newspapers carried out their match analysis or so in their papers but when it comes to cricket they give front page like indias win by 28 runs on sunday. This is a fact people love cricket coverage but not so much with hockey. Its time Mr Gill and his team does something about it

Quote:

Originally Posted by maddy42 (Post 551745)
Did you observe one thing. No newspapers carried out their match analysis or so in their papers but when it comes to cricket they give front page like indias win by 28 runs on sunday. This is a fact people love cricket coverage but not so much with hockey. Its time Mr Gill and his team does something about it

I Agree, Its all about publicity and Cricket has money and Fan Following behind it. Young kids don't even know the rules of hockey now days.
Pity that Indian Hockey is our National Game. The Number of replies and Views to this thread itself means a lot. People have lost interest in hockey.
whatever happens, I love Hockey and always love it. Mohd. Syeed & Dhanraaj & and Pakistan's Shahbaaz will always be the best players I have seen.
cheers.

"Chak de India": Indian women rout Thailand 16-0

Indian Men win 3-2 against Korea, way to go!

Well !! India beat Korea 7-2. :Cheering:
That also all goals being field goal. way to go India.
I hope this win creates more interest in public
Cheers

:Cheering: Yay

Well done India !! 7-2 is a very very good way to beat the speedy Koreans and this in the final !!

Some good news after a sad Saturday. :)

Winning twice against the Koreans in the same tournament is good. Scoring 57 goals in the tournament is great. And winning the final undefeated in the whole tournament and by 7-2 is greatest. Thats the way it should be.

Chak De India!!

That match was really awesome to watch and hopefully india holds the same enthusiasm in all their matches....chak de india

The only point is they should play the same with the guys from netherlands.....that would be awesome

Great Show Team India - keep it up!

By the way, Pakistan finishing 6th in Asia is difficult to believe. What happened?

Singapore International Hockey Challenge

Pool B
India beat Hongkong 11-0
Pakistan beat Hongkong 14-0

:Cheering: India vs Pakistan :Cheering: - Date: Saturday, 20th Oct 2007 Time: 5:30 PM IST

Winners will reach finals & meet Australia

Home ::: SHF - IC - (Men's & Women's) :::

Update:
India beat Pakistan: 3-2 :Cheering:
Finals: India lose to Australia: 2-1

::: SHF - IC - (Men's) - Match Schedules & Results :::

That's an commendable performance. Finishing 2nd is not bad a result by any means

Finally it happens

K.P.S. Gill sacked, IHF suspended by IOA