Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th September 2007, 19:08   #1
GTO
Team-BHP Support

ICICI at it again!! Drives man to suicide

After this (ICICI - Blatant cheating of customers & the (In)justice that is passed of as the law), this (ICICI Lombard trying to make a quick buck again), this (ICICI is back- Torments man after goof-up) and this (ICICI goons thrash loan defaulters friend) ICICI does it again. This time, their loan recovery agents were so aggressive that they drew a man to suicide. Sure the bottom line matters to all of us, but what level does ICICI stoop to! Shame on you, ICICI. You already lost my business since the last couple of complaints but now I will ascertain that my family and friends shut you out too.

Source : Times Article
Old 19th September 2007, 19:12   #2
Senior - BHPian

I am apalled... the govt and the courts have turned a blind eye to these events... it remains a mere number. Its not the first time such a thing has happened due to ways in which ICICI operates and government and courts apathy sucks even more.
It seems the life of a common man isnt important to those sitting high up in power be it the goons from ICICI or people dying in blueline bus accidents in delhi... it remains a mere number in both the cases.
Where are we headed, I wonder... This is not the India I am proud of.
Old 19th September 2007, 19:15   #3
Distinguished - BHPian

They are the most dreaded finance company in this country. I have withdrawn from all their loans except my home loan which is a huge amount so it will take some time. Praying to god somebody pays that to ICICI on behalf of me so that i am completely rid of them

After this, noway for anything i will knock their door !
Old 19th September 2007, 19:25   #4
Senior - BHPian

My first credit card was from ICICI. Cancelled it a few months later due to a trivial customer service issue.

Bought my M800 through the ICICI Car loan. Paid every installment on time and when i had to get the NOC, i got a statement saying one installment was delayed previously and interest was pending payment. Promptly went to the ICICI main branch in Blore (was in MG Rd) with my bank statement. They had not cashed the post dated checks which i had issues.

Blasted the bank personnel for accusing me wrongly and walked out with my NOC, an apology and with several prospective customers who decided to try elsewhere.

After reading all the linky's in post#1, even if i get an interest free loan, I'd pass.

Last edited by n_aditya : 19th September 2007 at 19:26.
Old 19th September 2007, 19:25   #5
BHPian

Let us all at TBHP close all relationships with ICICI bank which we can make do with other banks (except salary accounts which are beyond our control).

I have decided to close my savings account & credit card with ICICI bank immediately.

What the hell is the government doing about all these private banks? are they sleeping? WAKE UP, Mr.Prime Minister!!!

Last edited by gopz : 19th September 2007 at 19:27.
Old 19th September 2007, 19:31   #6
Senior - BHPian

Awful. They should be ashamed of themselves. If beating up people in the name of "collection" wasn't enough, look at how they are harrassing!

My dad, mom and myself had accounts in ICICI. All of us closed our accounts because, somewhere, our money is being lent causing some chaos. The best way to get them out of business is silent kill. Stop dealing with them.
Old 19th September 2007, 19:31   #7
Senior - BHPian

thats a heinous crime

a very very strict action should be taken against those recovery agents and ICICI bank for this

so that in future they dont even dare think abt doing the same with any human being.
Old 19th September 2007, 19:35   #8
Senior - BHPian

I am not too big a fan of the big I. But, tell me, what does a bank do to recover the money?

I would say - don't lend. But put yourselves in their shoes. The sales guy got his commission, but the bank has lost money. Maybe the government should insist on stringent checks before lending. I don't know.

All in all, a life lost. What an effin' waste.
Old 19th September 2007, 19:36   #9
Senior - BHPian

This is horrible!

Agreed that the person has to pay up the loan amount, but if there's a genuine situation,he needs to be dealt with a bit less harshly. These goons get away with it,since its their job.

Holy lot of &$%%^ !!
Old 19th September 2007, 19:49   #10
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by typeOnegative View Post
I am not too big a fan of the big I. But, tell me, what does a bank do to recover the money?

I would say - don't lend. But put yourselves in their shoes. The sales guy got his commission, but the bank has lost money. Maybe the government should insist on stringent checks before lending. I don't know.

All in all, a life lost. What an effin' waste.
The banks can take legal action instead of harassing people in front of family or neighbours; and finally leading to death.

Is the life of a person worth less than the EMI for a loan of Rs.50,000?

What do banks in the US do about such defaulters, do they kill them to recover loans?

Last edited by gopz : 19th September 2007 at 19:50.
Old 19th September 2007, 19:50   #11
Senior - BHPian

Shocking incident. What has these financial institutions come to?
What on earth is the govt doing about these crimes.
This should be treated as a murder and the culprits be hanged including the ICICI manager.
is there no value for a human life?
what are the NHRC people doing about such crimes.
Old 19th September 2007, 19:53   #12
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedmiester View Post
Shocking incident. What has these financial institutions come to?
What on earth is the govt doing about these crimes.
This should be treated as a murder and the culprits be hanged including the ICICI manager.
is there no value for a human life?
what are the NHRC people doing about such crimes.

I second you, Speedmiester. If a father of three daughters has hanged himself because of defaulting on a loan of Rs.50,000 I guess these guys should not just be hanged...they should have death in stages and experience the suffering...sorry if I m a bit harsh here but they deserve nothing less...the top management of ICICI should be hanged.

Just imagine the fate of that family...the mother is already doing double shifts to make ends meet and now she has the burden of three daughters - I am sure that the Bank has spoilt the future of the family & kids. If the man had borrowed Rs.50,000, I am sure he had no other savings or any sort to take care of that family now...all I can do now is pray for that family.

OT - Can we initiate a 'Team BHP" funds account or something like that, which we can collect from members and use it in case of things like these or natural calamities like Tsunami etc? Atleast we can make sure that the amount reaches the persons in need, because govt funds hardly reach anyone else other than the politicians!

Last edited by gopz : 19th September 2007 at 20:03.
Old 19th September 2007, 20:06   #13
LLL
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gopz View Post
I second you, Speedmiester. If a father of three daughters has hanged himself because of defaulting on a loan of Rs.50,000 I guess these guys should not just be hanged...they should have death in stages and experience the suffering...sorry if I m a bit harsh here but they deserve nothing less...the top management of ICICI should be hanged.
I agree, things will not change unless the CEO of ICICI is made accountable. He should be tried for abetting a murder. Or else he has to fix the responsibility on a person who could have stopped this but didnt. Then that person should be tried for abetting murder.

Then only we will see an immediate change in actions of all the private banks. Also employees will be scared before starting criminal actions to recover dues.

Last edited by LLL : 19th September 2007 at 20:09.
Old 19th September 2007, 20:07   #14
BHPian

My company uses icici lombard for medical insurance. I've not tried it even once but hope my company guys have done enough due diligence. They had also offered a ICICI pru life insurance. There is also a possibility of our pension funds being managed by ICICI.

God help guys who have taken these products. For myself I'm with LIC for managing my pension funds and have turned down teh ICIC pru life insurance offer. Cannot do much about ICICI lombard though. Will definitely write about it to company guys

lsjey
Old 19th September 2007, 20:22   #15
BHPian

some serious action should be taken with this banks. no doubt that this person is at fault but sending goan is not the way.hope law deal's strictly with it and not just cases after cases

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks