Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th November 2007, 00:19   #16
BHPian

Hi guys Just an update from my side. I am arrived in Bangalore and started off with my project. I was staying at the company guest house in Cunningham road. The factory is at Dod ballarpur and the distance is too much !!!. So I moved to another company guest house in Yelahanka. Its about 45 minutes from here. Considering the distances and the terrific traffic I was considering a apartment in a place called Prestige Monte Carlo in Yelhanka. Excellent gated community just what I need. But there are no malls or anything around that my wife could walk up to. Do you think I should look at Hebbal or Sahakar Nagar or RT Nagar ? Would those places have shopping centers and malls etc. And one more thing, the weather ROCKS!!!
Old 16th November 2007, 06:42   #17
BHPian

Hebbal & RT Nagar are kind of city centers! Loads of shopping malls,Vegetable markets, eating joints and a few cinema halls as well(Cauvery & Radhakrishna)... and a karting track too(RT Nagar-Patel's Inn)!
But then the travel time for you will be on th higher side. Also consider what will happen once the Int Airport starts in Mar'08.
By the way I have seen Food World and some other malls near Wheel & Axil plant.Isnt Dod ballarpur towards that side only....or is it on the NH7 side..ot sure.

Regards,
Old 16th November 2007, 07:01   #18
BHPian

Prestige Montecarlo is a very good community.

From my understanding of your requirements, I advise you find a place in that neighborhood for the following reasons

New airport will be operational from April 2008 & there is bound to be a population & traffic explosion around NH7 like never before.

So you being the commuter, make sure you don't get stuck in that chaos on a daily basis.
There are more than decent amount of supermarkets like Food World, Nilgiris etc in area.
If you are looking for a mall, theres one on the NH just before the flyover complex (as you come into B'lore). Assuming going to a mall wont be a daily event, you can come into the city for that event. You can expect a lot of malls to mushroom in the very near future also. I suppose same applies for the eating out factor as well. But there are a lot of fast food / Chinese joints for take away or delivery.
Old 16th November 2007, 08:59   #19
Senior - BHPian

Pls send a PM to LukeSkywalker (his name is Hari), He stays in Yelahanka and has his farm somewhere there too...He can help you settle down in Bangalore North...

Abhi
Old 16th November 2007, 11:11   #20
Team-BHP Support

Go for a Prestige group apartment, even if it means a little more driving.
Old 16th November 2007, 11:39   #21
Senior - BHPian

Hi firingonallfour,
Have you settled already ? If not, please mention your budget on rent and the max distance you are ready to tolerate from the work place. There are few good societies very close to Big Bazar Hebbal. Rent varies in the range of Rs.7000/ to Rs.15000/- with 2 BHK and 3 BHK, 24 hours security, Park, Tarred huge compound for walks, Kids Play area, Intercom, Cable, Broadband inside from BSNL, Tataindicom and Airtel, Lot of Mumbaits and Maharastrians apart from families from all states. Your kid will get similar aged groups easily, you wife will find either some class mates or family friends from mumbai itself. Eurokid and similar play schools are very closeby. There are over 5 good family restaurents and 3 best hospitals in the 4 kms area. I am not a broker, but a family enjoying all these facilities. For details, you can PM.
Old 24th November 2007, 00:17   #22
BHPian

Settled Somewhat

Guys

Thank you eclectix1st shajufx tsk1979 akroy for your suggestions
i am really sorry for the late reply. Work has been crazy from the word go. Ok here is what has happened. My company has a guest house in Monte carlo and I have been staying here all through out. So last week I happened to walk over to monte carlos property office and they have a 3 bedroom flat available. For 2.5 people ( us and kid) its a overkill but they dont have any two bedrooms. The rent is 15K but I took it since its a corporate lease. The landlord turns out to be from Versova Mumbai, exactly the same area I live in so he was more than happy to have me as a tenant. The drive to office ( doddabalarpur) is exactly 20 Kms but 20 kms of hell. They are apparently working on the road for the last 1 whole year. So now company says that they have stopped buying cars for employees but will fund them completely. I cant think of a better vehicle than a safari dicor 2.2 for these mean streets of yelahanka and doddaballarpur. What say guys ?
Old 19th June 2010, 16:47   #23
BHPian

Bringing up this old thread. I will be moving to Bangalore in August. My office will be in Koramangla. Advice on a good place to stay considering Bangalore Traffic. I am keen on a 2BHK with a budget of sub 14 K.

Also is it worth taking my car over or better to sell and get new.
Old 19th June 2010, 16:56   #24
Senior - BHPian

^^ Koramangala is a major residential locality so you should be able to get a flat there pretty easily. Regarding the car, well it depends how old is it? Remember the road tax here is killing.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks