Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd November 2007, 11:19   #1
Senior - BHPian

When was the last time you exercised?

All,

How many of us actually exercise on a regular basis, take a brisk walk or eat "health food" to remain fit and fine? When was the last time you could see the buckle of your belt just by looking down towards your trousers?

There are a lot of TBhp meets which take place all over (unfortunately I could not attend any YET!) but I am sure the topics which we talk about are cars, booze and Birds! . When was the last time your wifey yelled at you pointing towards your tummy???
Old 22nd November 2007, 11:26   #2

<Quote> When was the last time your wifey yelled at you pointing towards your tummy???

How about today morning?????
Old 22nd November 2007, 11:34   #3
Senior - BHPian

I get the reminders (not yelling) weekly thrice. Well, I stopped walking around amonth back. But this is stop and go kind of thing. Whenever I feel, to excercise I will do and vice versa. As far as the food is concerned, I do take care durng the daytime. But after office hours (evening snacks) ummm...I eat some junk foods. That is the reason, I have got the bulge & beer how can I stop this addiction.

Last edited by snaronikar : 22nd November 2007 at 11:36.
Old 22nd November 2007, 11:56   #4
BHPian

Well i just started exercising a month and a half ago.l also realized the need for the same after getting some comments from my GF. Now I exercise regularly....Dont know how much time it will continue....But will try my level best to keep it going.....
Old 22nd November 2007, 12:11   #5
Senior - BHPian

Why exercise?
Eat, sleep, drink, smoke and be merry. After all you live only once!
Old 22nd November 2007, 12:14   #6
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCEite View Post
Why exercise?
Eat, sleep, drink, smoke and be merry. After all you live only once!
I agree but still! You need to be fit and fine to enjoy all this?
Old 22nd November 2007, 12:31   #7
Senior - BHPian

i am a lazy bones guy who never went to GYM but whenever i get oppurtunity to play i play cricket,TT and badminton

so even if i never went to gym i feel fit if i get a chance to play 2-3 time a month
Old 22nd November 2007, 13:22   #8
BHPian

Am frequent visitor to the Gym..
Not for body building but toning up and exercising to keep my metabolism rate correct..
So the last time i went to gym was yesterday and will be going today evening as well
Old 22nd November 2007, 13:26   #9
Senior - BHPian

Nice questions

I used to be a big-time health nut back when I was still doing my studies. That was about 7 years back. I started working and stopped exercising. Since then I've been walking/doing weights/skipping off and on (never for more than 5-6 days at a stretch)

I just started walking in the morning since about 3 weeks back. I walk for about 45 minutes to an hour. And I've been quite regular -- every day except sunday. I've never had this much exercise in the last 7 years. And I've lost 2 kg over the last 3 weeks too
Old 22nd November 2007, 14:12   #10
Senior - BHPian

Ah finally a question on Team BHP that i can also answer!!

When was the last time i exercised? That was just this morning. I started gymming when i was in college... then gave up for around 5 years once i started working. One fine day i looked down and could not see the buckle of my belt. thats when i decided to start it again. Have been "almost" regular since then.

Regarding eating, i eat what i want to eat. Except sugar.
Old 22nd November 2007, 14:49   #11
Distinguished - BHPian

Can going all the way downstairs to pick up a bag of chips be counted as an exercise ? And is carrying up 3 cream bicuit packets, 2 water bottles and 2 chips packets an exercise ?

If yes, then I exercised today
Old 22nd November 2007, 14:58   #12
BHPian

If playing outdoor sport to work up a sweat is exercise, then weekends are my zone.
Apart form that, am just collating enough resolve to get serious about the whole affair.
If there are any Yoga / cardio / exercise tips that can be shared, it might jus help jump-start people like myself.

Cheers
Old 22nd November 2007, 15:03   #13
BHPian

Now this seems like a perfect "make feel guilty" thread I could have seen today. I am very regular when it comes to exercising. Every morning its squash and swimming for me. Have followed this routine for last 5 years.

But y'day I was at my friends wedding, ate and drank like crazy and skipped the exercise and slept till noon. Got up and made a huge brunch and was trying to push the guilt under the rag and I see this thread
Old 22nd November 2007, 15:07   #14
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikhilb2008 View Post
Can going all the way downstairs to pick up a bag of chips be counted as an exercise ? And is carrying up 3 cream bicuit packets, 2 water bottles and 2 chips packets an exercise ?

If yes, then I exercised today
Heh heh... Reminds me of a poster in Pecos.
"Downstairs for ciggies, upstairs for the loo. No wonder our regulars are so fit."

Anyway, back to the topic. I've never been concerned with exercising regularly or anything. Always ate well (and drank well too).

Till one day I couldn't see my belt buckle when I looked down. So, started being a little more careful about what I ate and drank. And also started exercising a little bit everyday. Feel a lot fitter now, and clothes fit better too. Still can't see my belt buckle when I look down, but that's what mirrors are for, right?
Old 22nd November 2007, 15:53   #15
Senior - BHPian

My doctor makes me jog everyday, about 1-1.5 kms.

The kids point, women chuckle. I have a feeling even the strays in the park are sometimes grinning at my agony.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCEite
Why exercise?
Eat, sleep, drink, smoke and be merry.
I'm thinking its only so that I can do all of those things, but for a longer time.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks