Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th December 2007, 17:35   #31
Senior - BHPian

Samji.Seriously you are the best writer on team-bhp.I really love reading your writings.
That was an awesome way to put forward things and a nice experience too.cheers:
Old 15th December 2007, 17:56   #32
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi View Post
I have 3 tales for you in this YetiBlog®. Enjoy.
I just realised that I forgot to post Tale-3. lol. Thanks for raising this thread humyum, I'll write the 3rd tale tonight.

Tale-3. A wallet, mobile and SpiceJet. Coming soon.
Old 18th December 2007, 16:11   #33
BHPian

Quote:
I just realised that I forgot to post Tale-3. lol. Thanks for raising this thread humyum, I'll write the 3rd tale tonight.

sam still waiting for the Tale 3
Old 18th December 2007, 17:07   #34
Distinguished - BHPian

Brilliant write-up as usual !! I was actually laughing out loud when I read Tale -2
Old 18th December 2007, 18:27   #35
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Tu airport mein flight pakadne jaata hai ya samaan ghumaane?
Old 18th December 2007, 20:38   #36
BHPian

can't wait for the third installment.....!
Old 18th December 2007, 21:05   #37
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepak_ms View Post
sam still waiting for the Tale 3
Yes Yes. And I am taking bets too...10:1 that it was 3rd time (un)lucky?!
Old 18th December 2007, 21:16   #38
Senior - BHPian

waiting for the third tale o great yeti story teller!
Old 19th March 2008, 17:19   #39
BHPian

Quote:
Sam, a gentle reminder and the hope that when you're done with it, would be yet another great read from you
Old 19th March 2008, 18:01   #40
Senior - BHPian

I lost my wallet with about Dhs.5,000, USD 2,000, 3 credit cards, 2 atm cards, my drivers license, my medical insurance card, my UAE Gate (electonic passport) card and some other things on a Saudi Arabian flight to Riyadh.

After desperately searching for it and trying to explain the matter to various people at the airport (none of whom spoke anything but arabic) a Saudi Arabian flight (dont know if it was mine or another flight) captain noticed me running around trying to speak to people. He found what was wrong, got on his mobile and spoke to someone at the airport and said that they have been announcing the fact for the last 30 minutes and the wallet is at the Saudi Arabian counter.

Obviously they had been announcing in Arabic and in addition they pronounced my name as 'Funtoosh'.

The wallet was found by a Bangladeshi cleaner while he was doing his rounds in the aircraft. Full marks for honesty!
Old 19th March 2008, 18:16   #41
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid View Post
I lost my wallet with about Dhs.5,000, USD 2,000, 3 credit cards, 2 atm cards, my drivers license, my medical insurance card, my UAE Gate (electonic passport) card and some other things on a Saudi Arabian flight to Riyadh....wallet is at the Saudi Arabian counter..
All I can say is : you are one heck of a lucky guy, Steeroid
Old 19th March 2008, 21:52   #42
Distinguished - BHPian

YetiBlog® Tale#3 - A wallet, mobile and SpiceJet

It's December 2007. We're going to Vaahan Yatra, Deepak and I. Deepak is my diminutive and brilliant creative assistant.

The twins will join us over the weekend, but for now it is just him and I.

A quick breakfast at Cafe Coffee Day and we're on our way to sec check. Standing in line watching people put their stuff in the XRay.
I ask for a tray. I place my wallet and Blackberry in the tray and offer the tray to Deepak who puts his mobile and wallet in there too.

Now I know what you lot are thinking, but NO. After the frisking I went back to the other side, took my bag and picked up my blackberry and wallet out of the cracked tray.
Obviously I left Deepak's stuff there for him to pick up.

As we moved towards the waiting area I heard Deepak ask me "Have you taken the wallet and phone?" I Nod, smiling to myself. Now there's a good assistant, how nice of him to know that I am a forgetful sod. Normally this is taken care of by my personal assistant, who generally has the same line of questions everyday when I leave the office.
Good boy Deepak.

We're on the SpiceJet plane. Suddenly there's an annoucement. Mr. Deepak Ganwani would you identify yourself please? Deepak stands. I am in shock, what has the young Deepak done?

The officer comes over - Sir your mobile and wallet are at the airport. He looks at him in shock and then looks at me in shock.
I asked you if you took the mobile and wallet?

Now I'm looking at him in shock. ME?? I took MY stuff!

Hmm. So much for being a good assistant. Who is whose assistant here eh??
Me? What a jerk.

I guess that they will give him his stuff at Bangalore. While getting off the flight we ask the crew. They have no idea what we're talking about. The guy who spoke to Deepak was from the Mumbai ground staff.

Now we go to the SpiceJet office.

I'll spare you all the gory details. We discover that anything left at the Xray amchine becomes property of the CISF security. We have to write a letter to the CISF requesting them to hand over the 2 items to SpiceJet and then we have to collect it from the Spicejet office in Mumbai. Ufff.

We write a letter and give it to the lady. One letter to the CISF, one to Spice, asking them hand over to one of our colleagues in Mumbai. Neither of us have any hope. We hand the letter to the lady on duty, who assures us that she will fax it shortly.

2 hours later, our colleague is still sitting at the Mumbai SpiceJet counter. No fax. They ask her to come the next day. The next day we visit SpiceJet Bangalore. Nobody has any clue what we're talking about.
All that paperwork vanished into thin air.
We leave in a huff. Soon we fax the letters to our office in Mumbai. Our colleague picks them up and spends the whole day in the SpiceJet office (on my instructions - dont return without the mobile and wallet, lol)
At the end of the day she is finally successful.

We receive the mobile and the wallet on the next day. Intact. Happy end.

While this story may not be the best one I've related, you need to know that if you do forget something at any airport, you CAN get it back if you are willing to go through some trouble.

The End.

Last edited by Sam Kapasi : 19th March 2008 at 22:00.
Old 19th March 2008, 22:29   #43
BHPian

I was returning from delhi to chennai 2 months back by a late evening flight of deccan. Since I had my rexin tracksuite I had to keep my wallet on my side pockets since they dont have pockets at the back. And tracks are worn with t-shirts and they dont have pockets too

I reached my home around mid-night by my friend's dad's car. Only then I realized that my wallet is missing. I had no clue to where I would have left it. I had a couple of thousands in cash and my debit card with a few thousands more. I called up my friend and confirmed that it has not fallen of in his car.

Then I started thinking about where I might have missed it... Right from the restaurant we had dinner in delhi.. then onto the taxi to airport... restroom of the airport.. in the bus transport to the flight and so on. It was almost morning by then and so fearing the worst not only because of the money but my company ID, license and bus pass etc were all in the wallet. I called up the bank guyz to block my card and went for sleep.

When I woke up in the morning.. surprise, surprise I had a message in my mobile from deccan informing that they have found my wallet in the flight and info on whom to contact. I went back to the airport that evening, just made a call to the person and he came out in 5 mins, verified my identity and gave the wallet. Now I was not expecting all the money to be there but was surprised again at finding everything intact. Now that's what I call customer service and frankly i didnt expect it form deccan. Hat's off to them

Now I was in for one more surprise. I called up the bank guyz once again to check if I can unblock my debit card and they said yes and unblocked immediately, and no processing fee for both the blocking and unblocking. I guess I was lucky to have the wallet back with nothing lost and lots of lessons from the experience.
Old 19th March 2008, 23:31   #44
Distinguished - BHPian

I'd like to see a picture of a Rexine Tracksuit.
Old 19th March 2008, 23:35   #45
BHPian

Naughty Naughty.....Its like Tight Leather Pants...!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks