Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th December 2007, 17:10   #16
Senior - BHPian

Give him a Muffler from Remus and a KnN/Green Air Filter with CAI, or a standalone ECM
Old 19th December 2007, 17:18   #17
Senior - BHPian

Easy

This is a no-brainer, get him Tata's newest, their one quarter lakh car.
Old 19th December 2007, 17:30   #18
BHPian

How about a digital projector......

It can be connected to laptops, PCs, TV set-top boxes blah blah.

Or a nice set of Bose headphones. They are very expensive but within the budget.
Old 19th December 2007, 21:08   #19
Senior - BHPian

Buy something nice for yourself in that budget and tell her that you bought this for her hubby.
Old 4th February 2009, 16:41   #20
Team-BHP Support

bump bump.

So what was the gift.
Old 25th October 2012, 21:50   #21
BHPian

Gifting ideas

Every year i face the issue of choosing the right set of gift for my better half (for those N number of occasions) in order to maintain PEACE and HARMONY in my world. Crazy mistakes have been made in the past where forecasting was not done properly which resulted in...i will give you an example: Peel an orange, give it an imaginary name like "my world" & put that orange in a blender. So here is an attempt to avoid being a pulp in future.

1. Members feel free to ask about gift for any of your relationship/s.
2. Please share what gifts you gave / are planning to give out.
3. You come across a gift while browsing the web, share it here for others to see.

Suggestions:
Check out excitinglives.com for funky gift ideas.
Old 25th October 2012, 22:44   #22
BHPian

Re: Gifting ideas

For Caricature & other novel gifting options check out http://www.photogiftindia.com/

I use their services often. They can be reached on FB too - https://www.facebook.com/Photogiftindia?fref=ts
Old 25th October 2012, 23:11   #23
BHPian

Re: Gifting ideas

Quote:
Originally Posted by lloydofcochin View Post
For Caricature & other novel gifting options check out http://www.photogiftindia.com/

I use their services often. They can be reached on FB too - https://www.facebook.com/Photogiftindia?fref=ts
Thanks for sharing. The caricature look awesome. Therez one on their facebook page for HVK
Old 27th October 2012, 09:49   #24
BHPian

Re: Gift Ideas & Suggestions (Birthday, Anniversary etc.)

I just bought this Bicycle for my better half http://www.playgroundonline.com/prod...3X7/14503.aspx (from a physical store, not online) and will be giving it to her next week on her birthday. Looking forward to many cycling trips with her!
Old 28th November 2012, 14:56   #25
Senior - BHPian

Requesting fellow BHPians suggestion on gifting WiFi on her birthday coming up in December, this is the third one after our marriage and comes close to our marriage anniversary as well.
Earlier gifts were a watch, mobile phone and jewellery.
Old 28th November 2012, 15:19   #26
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

I ve completely moved right from the early 2000's to gifting people different gift cards, gift vouchers and e-gift cards of popular brands and retail shops.
Let them choose what they want rather than me pushing something down their throats.

Quote:
Originally Posted by girishglg View Post
Requesting fellow BHPians suggestion on gifting WiFi on her birthday coming up in December, this is the third one after our marriage and comes close to our marriage anniversary as well.
Earlier gifts were a watch, mobile phone and jewellery.
Old 28th November 2012, 15:52   #27
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
I ve completely moved right from the early 2000's to gifting people different gift cards, gift vouchers and e-gift cards of popular brands and retail shops.
Let them choose what they want rather than me pushing something down their throats.
Second that thought of GVs fully but in this case it is THE WiFi who thinks it is totally unromantic to get something like that and not a physical gift albeit however small it can be

Hence this dilemma over and again balancing the heart and wallet.
Old 7th March 2021, 21:14   #28

Gift ideas for 8yo boy

Hi all, requesting help with gift ideas for my 8 year old nephew's birthday coming up (very) shortly. I am keen that I gift him something that is educational and/or fun. Since he lives in a completely different city, the gift will have to be Amazon- or Flipkart-ed.

My ideas till now:

1. Complete box-set of Tintin comics
2. Complete box-set of Asterix
3. Some glow-in-the-dark putty I saw in Amazon (!)

As you can see, am barren of ideas. Amazon is full of Nerf guns, but I really don't want to give that gift. They are already growing up in a increasingly messed up world and don't want to contribute in that direction.

Any thoughts please?
skasse is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th March 2021, 23:13   #29
BHPian

Re: Gift ideas for 8yo boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by skasse View Post
Hi all, requesting help with gift ideas for my 8 year old nephew's birthday coming up (very) shortly. I am keen that I gift him something that is educational and/or fun. Since he lives in a completely different city, the gift will have to be Amazon- or Flipkart-ed.

My ideas till now:

As you can see, am barren of ideas. Amazon is full of Nerf guns, but I really don't want to give that gift. They are already growing up in a increasingly messed up world and don't want to contribute in that direction.

Any thoughts please?
Since you're asking it to be educational, i'd really recommend MECHANIX sets. It's basically Meccano sets, but a desi version of it. Generally, the set has a bunch of metal plates with holes to screw them with legit steel nuts and bolts to make things like cranes, cars, etc. I'm actually glad i grew up with them. They've got a variety of kits like race car, army planes and vehicles, construction vehicles, etc. It also comes with a spanner, a screwdriver and a complete graphical manual. This finesses the motor skills and the dexterity in the child.

If you're scared that the kid might swallow the nuts by mistake, don't worry. There's a kid friendly ABS-plastic set, that's completely non-toxic, and has bigger nuts, bolts and rubber washers. How do i know? Coz i was gifted that set when i was 9. And i completey got hooked on till i was 15.

I'll drop a link here if you're interested:

https://www.amazon.in/s?k=mechanix&adgrpid=61742790707&ext_vrnc=hi&gclid =CjwKCAiAkJKCBhAyEiwAKQBCkuDiVAeKVDhNUUfewQ4UHpix-o9Lh3_C2VbXgMTwpKFByJAHFN_oIRoCjY0QAvD_BwE&hvadid= 294154340290&hvdev=c&hvlocphy=9300104&hvnetw=g&hvq mt=e&hvrand=14064321132131264888&hvtargid=kwd-93858680&hydadcr=2003_1805867&tag=googinhydr1-21&ref=pd_sl_7m1spzi61a_e

They're not too hard on your wallet. The plastic kit starts at 300 bucks, at it also comes in a sturdy yellow briefcase like box. Very attractive to the eye.

Believe me, you won't regret the gift.
saitvsk23 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th March 2021, 00:51   #30
BHPian

Re: Gift ideas for 8yo boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by skasse View Post

My ideas till now:

Any thoughts please?
If going for comics, then why not legendary Rajan- Iqbal series by S.C. Bedi. It will be better for children to first read about their own comic heroes. Pran sahab's "BILOO" comics are too good to read and funny for kids. Panchtantra stories are fantastic to read.

If interested in music then related products, if interested in sports or arts then related products whatever you give keep in mind that it reduces screen time and sofa time.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks