Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th March 2021, 09:51   #31

Re: Gift Ideas & Suggestions (Birthday, Anniversary etc.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by saitvsk23 View Post
Since you're asking it to be educational, i'd really recommend MECHANIX sets. It's basically Meccano sets, but a desi version of it.
Thank you for the suggestion. Looks interesting. Will go through the options on Amazon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sran View Post
If going for comics, then why not legendary Rajan- Iqbal series by S.C. Bedi. It will be better for children to first read about their own comic heroes. Pran sahab's "BILOO" comics are too good to read and funny for kids. Panchtantra stories are fantastic to read.
Frankly I haven't read the series you mentioned myself. At least when I was growing up in Andhra, Chandamama used to be famous. Will anyway check out your suggestions. Thanks.
Old 8th March 2021, 14:57   #32
BHPian

Re: Gift ideas for 8yo boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by skasse View Post

As you can see, am barren of ideas. Amazon is full of Nerf guns, but I really don't want to give that gift. They are already growing up in a increasingly messed up world and don't want to contribute in that direction.

Any thoughts please?
There are some amazing gifts which are pretty much educational that you can get children

1. Any books on GK (rather than the Tintin's and Asterix) look at encyclopedias, Tell Me Why digests. These are awesome to have and to collect

2. Puzzles - the jigsaw kind. There are dime a dozen. Try and get the ones on National Geographic (250+ pieces). My relative got a 1000 piece dino 3D from NG for my son's 7th birthday. We (son, wife and me) ended up spending over 3 weeks (abt 1 hr per day) doing the puzzle. It is truly awesome.

3. Lots of brain games - esp Indian games like Ludo etc are making a comeback.

4. Astronomy set. Basic telescopes, solar charts are now easily affordable and kids can have fun with it

5. Scientist kits - there are a number of science kits which teach kids basic chemistry and physics and it is all quite fun

Pick the one you love and gift it so that you get to play along !!!
subraiyr is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks