Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th January 2008, 19:45   #16
Team-BHP Support

I did something similar on 31st too, and was well worth it.
Got this driver through another driver who works in my building.
He was there through the night, drove me to a couple of places, did a round of dropping my friends and getting back to where i was at. Good, well mannered and most importantly a safe driver, all for 400 INR. Well worth it IMO.

manson.
Old 5th January 2008, 20:31   #17
BHPian

Why not simply call for a Radio Cab, In delhi they run 24x7, charges are Rs 12 per KM and around 100 for a night charge and meter charge inclusive.
Old 5th January 2008, 21:38   #18
Senior - BHPian

Here is a service that I will never use. Reason, I drive, but I dont drink...

But if some others use it, im sure the roads will be a better place for the rest of us.

Cheers!!
Old 23rd June 2008, 14:56   #19
Senior - BHPian

Party Hard Drivers!!!

Hi Team,
Wanted to post this since quite some time, but somehow never managed. Anyways here it is.
This particular service has been quite popular in US & Europe, and finally we have one in India.
Since the 'Drink and Drive' campaign of the Mumbai Police started, it had become increasingly tough to Drive in the nights after a party or a quiet dinner. As we in this forum are totally against 'Drinking and Driving', this is something which should be beneficial to all of us and also our friends and families.
Unfortunately this service is only available in Mumbai for now, although they do have plans to launch this in Bangalore and Delhi soon.
Ive used it a couple of times, and i have to admit it has been quite satisfatory.

Please go through thier site

COPS WILL NEVER COME IN YOUR WAY AGAIN..
You need not worry about drinking and driving anymore. We at PHD provide night driver service who would come to your door step to recieve and drop you back home once you have finished having a good time. Our drivers are well trained, mannered and most importantly very safe drivers in uniform. Your motto is to Party Hard and ours is to take care of your safety, may it be cops or even more importantly the risk of driving under the influence.

X

Last edited by X-Machine : 23rd June 2008 at 15:10.
Old 23rd June 2008, 17:16   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by theMAG View Post
Personally I wouldnt ever be using such a service since I'd rather stay the sober designated driver than have a person with unknown driving skills drive my car.
Agree with you Maggie. I've never given my car to others, not even to a valet for parking. But this service would probably help those who dont treat their cars like soul mates.
Old 23rd June 2008, 18:04   #21
BHPian

Interesting...imagine a dead drunk guy being driven "home" by one of these guys and then waking up from a road-side ditch......with not a sign of his car around.

Good business. I see a lot of possibilities there.
Old 23rd June 2008, 18:12   #22
BHPian

Good for those who don't mind giving their cars to an unkown driver. As for me, this won't be of much help coz I don't hand the keys over to anyone unless I'm familiar with their driving. I'd rather hitch a ride with a non-alcoholic buddy or take a cab or sober down before I take the wheel.

I do hope that the vast majority of drunkards in mumbai will take advantage of this service and make the roads safer for the rest of the public. Is this service also available to drunk cops who're on duty???

@Torqy: Now you're talking just when I was of the opinion this is another harmless service like the BPO cab services.

Last edited by carzy : 23rd June 2008 at 18:15.
Old 23rd June 2008, 18:37   #23
Senior - BHPian

Nice thought, but they will have to get some real good trustworthy drivers & start to earn a reputation.

I dont want to pretend anything, i do give my car to the mechanics, sometimes the car is delivered to my doorstep or picked up from my doorstep.

Also I believe if i dont want to give my car to anyone, i should not be asking for someone else's keys as well.

Last edited by GTO : 24th June 2008 at 11:33. Reason: Leaves leave the uncomfortable out of there please.
Old 13th May 2009, 16:36   #24
BHPian

here's an amazing alternative to drunken driving!!

PARTY SMART DRIVERS – Driver on Call.

Don’t Get Caught Drunk!! We provide you with Driver on call.

A unique service ensures you don’t have to drive your car home after having a few drinks and risk getting behind bars or coughing up a huge fine. Party Smart Drivers provides safe driving solutions for party goers, young executives and anybody who plans to go out drinking and needs to be driven home safely. Drivers will take you back home safely in your own vehicle as you sit back and enjoy your music. This unique service also curtails the chances of accidents under the influence of alcohol. Drivers are polite, well mannered and most importantly well trained and safe. You can be rest assured that you will reach home safe and sound after having had a blast, partying and drinking hard. Services are available at reasonable prices.

Call before 9 pm to ensure availability of drivers.

Call > 98200 69955

You may also email on: partysmartdrivers@yahoo.in

Visit us at http://www.partysmartdrivers.com/

Join the PSD Orkut Community: http://www..orkut.co.in/Main#Communi...x?cmm=87412850

Spread the Cheer!! Be Socially Responsible!!
Old 4th December 2009, 12:31   #25
BHPian

A news article on the agency has appeared today in the Business Line supplement.

They claim their charge to be Rs. 500 for 6 hours. If this is so it is not bad.
Old 14th August 2017, 17:30   #26
Team-BHP Support

Re: Useful info for those who want to go out drinking and take their cars

Bumping an old thread because there is a twist in the rule. Even passengers can't be drunk anymore. If you drink at a bar, now you will have to walk home or teleport yourself in Star-trek style.

http://www.firstpost.com/india/centr...u-3928821.html
Old 14th August 2017, 17:56   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
Even passengers can't be drunk anymore.
One couldn't kill cows earlier and now one can't sit drunk in car, I guess the writing is clear on the wall, ride a cow back home on friday night.

Jokes apart, how does this even make sense? Say, I book a cab and doze off in the backseat, will the cab driver refuse to drive? I could be drunk/tired.

Reading in detail from the source, it says prohibition on consumption of alcohol, drugs and smoking. So, passengers are not to drink and smoke in cars. Doesn't speak about not passengers in inebriated condition.
Old 16th August 2017, 12:24   #28
Senior - BHPian

Re: Come April 2017, no more Liquor shops on the highway!

Some new development on similar topic.

http://overdrive.in/news-cars-auto/f...uble-in-india/

Govt plans to make taking a taxi/riding as a passenger after getting drunk illegal. Wow!
Old 16th August 2017, 12:47   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
Bumping an old thread because there is a twist in the rule. Even passengers can't be drunk anymore. If you drink at a bar, now you will have to walk home or teleport yourself in Star-trek style.

http://www.firstpost.com/india/centr...u-3928821.html
There was a correction to this editorial

"Editor's note: This article was originally published on 14 August with the erroneous headline 'Centre warns taxi drivers: If you pick up drunk passengers, we'll catch you'. The headline has been corrected to reflect the fact that this wasn't an order from the Central government. The error is regretted."

This rule is supposed to be only for Kerela. And that means it is just an extension of the failed liquor ban.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks