Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th January 2008, 19:30   #1
Team-BHP Support

Useful info for those who want to go out drinking and take their cars

So you've taken your car to a party and had a drink too many and can't drive back because it's dangerous. Don't worry. Help is at hand. Remember the Top Gear episode in which James and Richard drive drunk people home from parties? Similarly, this Mumbai based company is offering drivers to drive you home after a night out drinking. I believe you have to fill a registration form, which is provided on the website and keep their phone numbers handy. Have a look.

Party Hard Drivers.

Please remember fellows, don't drink and drive. It can ruin many lives and shatter many dreams.

Last edited by Aditya : 5th January 2008 at 01:56.
Old 4th January 2008, 19:45   #2
Senior - BHPian

no excuses

There are no excuses for driving drunk and endangering other people's lives and futures. If this service keeps one drunk off the road then it is a good thing. But, I wonder if most drunks are even able to make the telephone call to get help, let alone have the good judgment to do so.
Old 4th January 2008, 19:47   #3
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Not only is this a smart business move, but it also offers incredible convenience to chaps like us in Mumbai. My drivers are always on duty when I plan a drinking night out, but in the event that they aren't available.....I know who to call.

Superb find! Thanks for sharing, Aditya.
Old 4th January 2008, 19:50   #4
BHPian

is this only in mumbai ?
Old 4th January 2008, 21:01   #5
Senior - BHPian

Smart idea! And a sensible one at that. If used well,it'll definitely save many lives that would otherwise be taken by drunk blokes driving fast cars.
Old 4th January 2008, 21:49   #6
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chetan View Post
is this only in mumbai ?
yes. But I do hope they widen their reach to other cities as well.

Very good initiative if you ask me.
Old 5th January 2008, 12:05   #7
Senior - BHPian

I've called these guys because I needed a driver for the 31st. It was a flat charge of Rs. 800 for that night irrespective of how long you keep the driver.

I didnt take it because I did not get credible answers for the questions:

"what happens if the driver scoots with the car or any of the equipment in it when I'm partying?" AND

"How do i know these are not drivers that are doing their regular duty everyday during office hours and then coming on call for this service to make a few extra bucks? In which case, they could be tired and perhaps more indisposed to drive than me after a few drinks."
Old 5th January 2008, 13:22   #8
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bass&Trouble View Post
I've called these guys because I needed a driver for the 31st. It was a flat charge of Rs. 800 for that night irrespective of how long you keep the driver.

I didnt take it because I did not get credible answers for the questions:

"what happens if the driver scoots with the car or any of the equipment in it when I'm partying?" AND

"How do i know these are not drivers that are doing their regular duty everyday during office hours and then coming on call for this service to make a few extra bucks? In which case, they could be tired and perhaps more indisposed to drive than me after a few drinks."
dont you call them when you are done partying? they just basically drive you home, not wait in your car while you party/drink

they probably are working during the day too, hopefully it will not be a long drive back home and they wont fall asleep
Old 5th January 2008, 13:36   #9
Senior - BHPian

Well, my suggestion would be, if you are going to a party and going to get drunk do hire a driver. You can hire the driver and take him along with you. The to & fro driving will be done by him. We had done so a couple of years back. This works out to be more better if not cheaper. He took Rs.1000 for that particular day. But it was worth it.
Old 5th January 2008, 13:54   #10
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n_aditya View Post
But I do hope they widen their reach to other cities as well.

Personally I wouldnt ever be using such a service since I'd rather stay the sober designated driver than have a person with unknown driving skills drive my car.
Old 5th January 2008, 14:01   #11
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheap_deal
dont you call them when you are done partying? they just basically drive you home, not wait in your car while you party/drink
So, I should call up once I'm done drinking and then wait till the chap arrives? I don't know how long that would take.

Or you mean that I should forecast my expected time of departure and ask him to come along around that time and then pay Rs. 500 for the ride back? That would be slightly expensive even for the comfort of travelling in my own car. Better to hail a Meru cab both ways.

Both the above however do not account for the fact that the party could begin even before you hit the venue, hence the need for someone to drive both ways. Actually this is a more realistic requirement. The one time that I was busted, I was driving TO a team bhp meet.
Old 5th January 2008, 14:07   #12
Senior - BHPian

Atleast its a step in the right direction !! Nice one addy!
Old 5th January 2008, 14:37   #13
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
B&T, even if they do give a guarantee (unlikely) for this kind of a situation, its best that the car keys stay with you when parked. Let the driver wait outside the car.
Old 5th January 2008, 14:47   #14
Senior - BHPian

Nice!
Now , I can have a weekend job driving Mercs and beemers. *wish*
Old 5th January 2008, 18:26   #15
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
B&T, even if they do give a guarantee (unlikely) for this kind of a situation, its best that the car keys stay with you when parked. Let the driver wait outside the car.
Hmm, thats a good idea. Especially since the other problem is that the drivers dont necessarily have mobile phones as they mentioned.

Have the bloke drive you to the place - have a valet from the club park the car - take a tag - have the valet bring your car - have the driver drive you back home. Didn't think of that. cheers:

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks