Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th January 2008, 16:09   #46
BHPian

Quote:
but its the only happening place for teenagers in tvm.
But if people continue to be like this, this will be the most 'happening' place in Tvm.

Living in Kowdiar and driving / riding on this road daily for past 10 years, but as Sankar pointed out this kind of show off has started only couple of years back.

I hope no team-bhpians are there in that show off / stupid crowd.
Old 7th January 2008, 17:29   #47
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaibir View Post
sounds like they need some speedbreakers on that road. other than a regular police patrol, thats the only way to stop people speeding

someone once told me thats what they used to do in Calcutta quite a few years back - every time there was a major accident on a road, they would build a speedbreaker there. not sure if its true though
That's how the cops in bangalore deal with things, it becomes really scary at times, you go to work no speedbreaker, return from work, usually late at night, a huge rampart, that is supposed to be a speedbreaker.
I have seen accidets happen, because people were not aware of the presence of the spped breaker and were not prepared for the monstrosity they encountered.
Old 7th January 2008, 18:59   #48
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by redfire View Post
But if people continue to be like this, this will be the most 'happening' place in Tvm.

Living in Kowdiar and driving / riding on this road daily for past 10 years, but as Sankar pointed out this kind of show off has started only couple of years back.

I hope no team-bhpians are there in that show off / stupid crowd.
No t-bhpians do the show there in front of CCD.There are teenagers who do the show.
Old 7th January 2008, 20:19   #49
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerish666 View Post
No t-bhpians do the show there in front of CCD.There are teenagers who do the show.
What about teenagers who are team-bhpians???
Old 7th January 2008, 20:37   #50
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedzak View Post
What about teenagers who are team-bhpians???
I think a very small percentage of tbhpians are 18 and below.
Old 7th January 2008, 20:43   #51
BHPian

Well the guy, who crashed the swift is not a teen! he is in his mid 20's!
I went and saw the car today. seriously, only one door, ie the rear left door is intact and without any dent. I am not joking, rest of the car is completely destroyed!
And ya, the guy was wearing seatbelts it seems.
Old 7th January 2008, 22:21   #52
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikram_d View Post
Your question has already been answered my friend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikram_d View Post
Are you even aware of how the EPS system on a Swift works? It does not work above 60kmph. Any speed above 60kmph is under total manual control and not under EPS control.
Is it 60kmph or 80kmph...? I'm not sure.
Old 7th January 2008, 22:50   #53
Senior - BHPian

Well i'm not here for an argument. And i'm not saying that Suzuki is bad or Maruti is bad or EPS is bad. I'm just saying that i've heard of many cases where the swift turned much more than the driver wanted it to turn and it ended up in an accident. And when i drove the swift i too felt that its too light. Probably you will have a great probablity to loose control in any of your "instict" moves. Which happen quite often in our kind of traffic.
Old 7th January 2008, 23:04   #54
Senior - BHPian

Its a matter of time before everyone gets a hang of how their car behaves.Takes some understanding to know how to 'turn' or how much to turn,in any situation.
Hope the BHPians in TVM are able to get the pics of the car.. Also the exact nature of the accident.
Old 7th January 2008, 23:44   #55
BHPian

One good stretch of road in the whole of TVM and this is how the guys from other parts of India come to know about it!

Whatever the cause was and who or what caused it, the driver should be rapped on his knuckles real bad! Even an 80 on any stretch of road in TVM (with an exception of the Airport Road and the NH47 bye-pass maybe) is plain madness. Hope our cops start getting their act right from now on.

O.T. Whats with those barracades across the roads in Whitefield these days?? My poor Baleno gets her under belly scratched almost everytime. Isn't there a standard size for all speedbreakers? And isn't anyone monitoring them?!
Old 7th January 2008, 23:51   #56
Senior - BHPian

Here's a pic i took from the newspaper. Unfortunately i did not have the camera when i saw both the vehicles at the traffic yard.

Old 7th January 2008, 23:54   #57
Senior - BHPian

Ugggh what a sight to see before I goto bed. hope the driver realizes lady luck was with him.
Old 8th January 2008, 00:04   #58
Senior - BHPian

Thats a totalled swift.
Heard that if the tyres are not good enough (i.e stock tires) it doesnt really offer that grip on the road, and does not do justice to the vehicle.
Old 8th January 2008, 00:07   #59

sad!

Pretty sad this, I know the guy thru a close friend of mine.

The Kowdiar road is the only decent stretch of road in Trivandrum. Every other day, a lot of wannabe-youngsters gather on the footpath outside CCD (the only one here) and prep themselves for those irresponsible actions. Forget teens on bikes and cars, even the State buses, Govt cars and Police cars speed here in their run-down vehicles.

This is not the first time, there have been several crashes on this stretch.
A Fiesta toppled after crashing a lamp-post.
Another youngster crashed the rear of his car into the rear gate of the Raj Bhavan. The list goes on.

The cops have never done anything about it till date. After around 9pm there are drags on the stretch almost daily.

Why don't you just enjoy your coffee and drive responsibly?
Old 8th January 2008, 00:20   #60
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by govigov View Post
Heard that if the tyres are not good enough (i.e stock tires) it doesnt really offer that grip on the road, and does not do justice to the vehicle.
Doesn't apply in this case since you can see in the picture that the car was running uprated Yokohama AVS Sport's.

Last edited by iraghava : 8th January 2008 at 00:24.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks