Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th May 2008, 15:22   #31
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

visit the home town store on outer ring road, you are likely to find several of these things there.
or else you will have to visit arihant plaza near commercial street where you are bound to find drills etc of good quality.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Limpid View Post
Even I am looking for a cordless drill / Hammer. Saw few abroad but the charger came with 220V /60Hz. Any idea if ‘Black & Decker’ available in Bangalore / India?
Old 6th May 2008, 16:17   #32
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by omishra View Post
No my friend! There is no mistake. That drill is serving me and I am using in concrete wall as well as my metal work (thick Aluminium and some 10mm Iron/steel too).
I am a DIY'ist.
Gosh, I still cannot believe it! You said Rs. 350/- for a German made hammer drill, right?!
Could you please tell us a little more about it? And whether it is still being sold and at what price today.
Old 16th May 2008, 00:20   #33

I do have couple of german cordless drills, they are very cheap. I use them as backup, which is 18v cordless hammer drill with 2 gears & 2 batteries. They costs £29 here.

Still I'd say, for reliability you need to go for decent brands like Bosch / Makita etc
Old 23rd May 2008, 16:03   #34
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

OK
I just bought a Power Drill last Sunday from SPAR SUPERMARKET In the INNER RING ROAD in Bangalore.
It is called SKIL and is Imported, Marketed and Serviced by BOSCH in Adugodi Bangalore.
This has two settings - one for concrete and one for wood. It comes in a Plastic Carry Box properly equipped with 9 drill bits of different sizes and types and also comes with 7 different types of screw driver heads.
Because it is also a Power Screw Driver - with a normal forward setting clockwise AND a reverse setting- anticlockwise.
This is a 450 WATT drill.
It cost me Rs 1700/- (Its MRP was much higher though) and it is being sold on discount now.
It looks well worth it to me!
They also have a bigger more expensive BOSCH - MRP 5200 odd but on discount right now you can buy it at about 3500 odd. That was too big for my needs and too expensive I thought so I settled for the other one.
Old 17th October 2008, 10:42   #35
BHPian

Hi,

I too have seen the kit in SPAR, but was bit scared since the name SKIL was not very familiar to me.

shankar.balan, could you give your feed back on using this kit ? I am planning to buy one during this week end.
Old 11th January 2010, 17:29   #36

From where in bangalore

Hi Fillmore,

from where you got the drill...shop and Landmark please.

Regards, Kumar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fillmore View Post
Hi,

Got the Drill today.

Drill > Bosch GSB 10 RE
Cost after discounts - Rs 2,496/-
Old 11th January 2010, 19:42   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by omishra View Post
Last 3 years, I am using some German made power drill with Hammer drill capacity, high/low speed control as well as reverse rotation.

It costed me Rs350 and (+ Rs400 for bits).
I bought at Hardware shop at SP Road Bangalore, just oppsite to copper wire vendor(Ambika).
You will nerver get a genuine "German" power drill for Rs.350/00. Most of the said "German" Drill machines are replicas made in china. Won't be able to run them more than 15 minutes at a stretch. They will start overheating. Their ratings are all blown up. Go for Hitachi, Makitha, Black & Decker, Wolf or bosch.
I am using 3 Black & Decker Drill Machines (1 single speed 3/8", 1 2 speed 1/2" and 1 2 speed 1/2" Hammer) a Makita 1/2" cordless hammer, another chinese "German" battery operated 1/2" variable speed variable torque ( only for screwdriver applications and light drilling). The black & Deckers are all more than 30 years old.
Indian Wolf Drills are very good.

PS.
In Kerala, recently I bought a "German" Specification "POWER MAX" 1/2", variable speed, reversible, 220 volt drill machine. You want to know the cost? Rs.650/00 ( Rupees six hundred and fifty only) from a small electrical shop in a village.

Last edited by sudharma : 11th January 2010 at 19:52. Reason: More info added
Old 18th January 2010, 12:21   #38
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mankumar View Post
Hi Fillmore,

from where you got the drill...shop and Landmark please.

Regards, Kumar
I purchased mine from a Bosh outlet in Jayanagar 9th Block.
(The road in front of MK Ahmad which leads towards 4th T Block )

I guess u can call their India customer care number from here and find out the outlets.
Bosch - Power Tools
Old 18th January 2010, 13:16   #39
BHPian

Skil is a good one

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashlyak View Post
Hi,

I too have seen the kit in SPAR, but was bit scared since the name SKIL was not very familiar to me.

shankar.balan, could you give your feed back on using this kit ? I am planning to buy one during this week end.
Skil is a good set & is marketed and serviced by Bosch itself. You can check their website Official Skil Power Tools Website and it does mention Robert Bosch Tool Corporation at the bottom of the page.

I bought this set from SPAR at Rs. 1,700 as well, almost 1.5 years back & it's a very good one. Not sure if SPAR still has these since I thought it was more like a clearance sale.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks