Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th August 2020, 11:58   #1621
BHPian

Form 26AS not accessible

I am trying to view the Form 26AS from the portal.incometaxindiaefiling.gov.in but it just stops at the next screen (URL : https://services.tdscpc.gov.in/serv/view26AS.xhtml). I am not an NRI, so there is nothing more I can do. It used to work fine till last year. The ClearTax portal also tells this is the right step to view Form 26AS. Any others facing same issue, and how to proceed?

Navigating from ICICI Bank site also had the same problem. Stuck at the same URL.

---
Edit: Issue Resolved !! I was using company laptop connected to Europe VPN. Once I disconnected from VPN, I am able to navigate to TDS website and download Form 26AS.

Last edited by DigitalOne : 15th August 2020 at 12:17.
Old 15th August 2020, 14:14   #1622
BHPian

Re: All Income Tax Queries (refunds, disputes, rates etc...)

Hello,

I see a SFT in my 26as, 005, which is with regards to the term deposit (I presume it means FDs).

Not sure why I see it, as the amount is less than 10lacs, and is the renewal of last year’s FDs.

Wanted to know if I need to do anything other than considering it in my IT returns.

Looking for some expert advice.

Cheers
Old 15th August 2020, 19:09   #1623
Senior - BHPian

Has anyone got refund yet? I filled returns in early July for this assessment year but haven't got refund as of yet.
Old 16th August 2020, 10:47   #1624
Senior - BHPian

Does anyone know how to retrieve the certificate for PM-CARES donation made through Google Pay?

The idea is to retrieve it from here: https://www.pmcares.gov.in/en/web/receipt/index

The ISD code and mobile number are fine, but what do I enter in the Transaction/Merchant Order Number field? I tried the UPI reference ID and the Google Transaction ID, but neither worked.
Old 16th August 2020, 11:32   #1625
BHPian

Can someone help in clearing a few doubts i have.

1. I checked my Form 26A after logging to ITR and it shows my income from my current employer a bit less than i actually get. Do i consider actual one i get in my account or this amount mentioned in Form 26A while filing returns. Why is the amount shown in Form 26A less ?
2. PF that gets deducted from CTC does not need to be counted as Income in ITR right? I have not withdrawn any.
3. If i opened a FD this year in Feb and it matures coming Feb, all the interest earned will be added in other Income for next year filing ?
Old 16th August 2020, 12:43   #1626
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Nobody View Post

2. PF that gets deducted from CTC does not need to be counted as Income in ITR right? I have not withdrawn any.
3. If i opened a FD this year in Feb and it matures coming Feb, all the interest earned will be added in other Income for next year filing ?

2#. Employer contribution is not counted as your income. Employee contribution is your income and will go in ITR and also get you exemption under 80C.

3#. Internet earned till 31st March will be counted under income in that FY year, and remaining in next FY year, even though FD period is straddling across the FY years. Bank will report it the same way and deduct TDS for interest earned till 31March and report it in 26as.
rjainv is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th August 2020, 17:40   #1627
BHPian

Can anyone guide me on income tax filing. I have never filed income tax myself in my life (I am almost 37) as always my dad would do it. But now I want to take charge of this.
I have following till now...
  • Form 16 from my previous employer
  • Form 16 from my current employer
  • Form 26AS I downloaded myself
  • Some TRACES page that bank of Baroda sent me. I believe it is for the interest earned during last financial year. I have account with ICICI and HDFC too but they haven't sent anything like that.
    Edit: it is TDS certificate form 16A.

What else I need? If I sold any shared or mutual fund units in last financial year, I am supposed to mention that? If yes where?

Also I have a house from where I get rent money every month, is that supposed to be mentioned anywhere?

I pay about 25K home loan EMI per month but my office never considered it citing I have not given proper papers for that. They won't accept bank statement. Anyhow I can show these EMI while filing returns to benefit me in anyway and if yes then what should I procure from bank?

Apologies for so many questions. Doing this first time.

Last edited by raksrules : 16th August 2020 at 17:41.
Old 16th August 2020, 18:19   #1628
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Nobody View Post

1. I checked my Form 26A after logging to ITR and it shows my income from my current employer a bit less than i actually get. Do i consider actual one i get in my account or this amount mentioned in Form 26A while filing returns. Why is the amount shown in Form 26A less ?
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjainv View Post
2#. Employer contribution is not counted as your income. Employee contribution is your income and will go in ITR and also get you exemption under 80C.

3#. Internet earned till 31st March will be counted under income in that FY year, and remaining in next FY year, even though FD period is straddling across the FY years. Bank will report it the same way and deduct TDS for interest earned till 31March and report it in 26as.
#2 and #3 have been answered correctly.

#1. Some of the amount you get from employer does not form part of your total income. e.g. HRA, transport/conveyance allowance etc. subject to some conditions. So your Total Income is less than sum of what you get. Just ask your employer to give you a Form 16. There he will give you the amount you have to put under the head 'Salary'. Make sure that amount matches with what is shown in 26AS.
guptavis is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th August 2020, 20:37   #1629
BHPian

Re posting my query from another thread:

I have an outstanding tax demand. The demand was raised on 14/06/2011. It is for the accessing year: 2010-2011. It is raised under section 1431a. It says uploaded by jurisdictional AO. And rectification right are also with AO. The demand is for a relatively small amount of money: 3000 Rs. When i had received the demand i cross checked my returns and did not find anything wrong with them. I had a educational load at that time. The interest for the same was tax deductible. I could see that the discrepancy was due to this. The tax department somehow had not considered this. I remember giving the proofs of the same to my company while submitting investment proofs. Also it was there in my form-16 as well.

I replied to the message "disagree with demand" with the relevant reason. After that there has been no response from the tax department. It seems to be stuck in that state.

I was wondering, since the amount is very small, i will pay the amount rather than argue with the tax department. Although it is clearly not an error on my part. If i don't pay the amount it will become huge due to penalty and interest. There is link "pay tax" in the demand notice. If i click on it, the amount is the same as was in the initial demand. No penalty or interest. Makes me wonder if it is valid. I was also wondering if i could settle this using the "vivad se vishwas" scheme ?
Old 16th August 2020, 23:10   #1630
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JediKnight View Post
I was wondering, since the amount is very small, i will pay the amount rather than argue with the tax department. Although it is clearly not an error on my part. If i don't pay the amount it will become huge due to penalty and interest. There is link "pay tax" in the demand notice. If i click on it, the amount is the same as was in the initial demand. No penalty or interest. Makes me wonder if it is valid. I was also wondering if i could settle this using the "vivad se vishwas" scheme ?
If you are very sure about the correctness of your claim, please do not pay up. The processing takes some time and will get closed if the AO is satisfied with the genuineness of the claim.

The amount is way too small for a VSV settlement and moreover you do not have any appeal that is pending which is prerequisite to apply for VSV.
Old 17th August 2020, 19:56   #1631
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JediKnight View Post
Re posting my query from another thread:

I have an outstanding tax demand.

I replied to the message "disagree with demand" with the relevant reason. After that there has been no response from the tax department. It seems to be stuck in that state.

?
I am in the same situation for AY2015-16, where I have an outstanding due raised by my previous AO and i disagreed with demand online. I also requested for checking this via requests (ASK helpdesk) and mail to PRO, but no reply yet. I am not sure how long to keep it pending. I did speak to CPC and they recommended to talk to AO again.
Old 18th August 2020, 11:10   #1632
BHPian

hi friends,

I have a small query. Due to some bug in the employer application, the rent amount was not approved. Hence, it is not displaying in the Form 16 now.
If I apply the formula (which ever is less of the 3 criteria of rent) I have some amount.

How do I put this while filing income tax returns. There might be mismatch between Form 16 and the returns if I put the rent. Where do I show this rent now ?

Please advise.
Old 18th August 2020, 22:36   #1633
BHPian

Can anyone suggest at what point will I have ability to choose regime for income tax for next assessment year? Can I do this right now and if yes will it be under somewhere in my company's portal?
I am confused by this new regime thing and below link suggests that for someone with 20L income per year, the new regime is better.

https://www.ndtv.com/business/budget...lained-2173579

Say I have 20L annual gross, should I go for old or new regime?
Old 19th August 2020, 08:09   #1634
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raksrules View Post
Can anyone suggest at what point will I have ability to choose regime for income tax for next assessment year? Can I do this right now and if yes will it be under somewhere in my company's portal?
I am confused by this new regime thing and below link suggests that for someone with 20L income per year, the new regime is better.

https://www.ndtv.com/business/budget...lained-2173579

Say I have 20L annual gross, should I go for old or new regime?
AFAIK, this choice is at return filling time. During the year, your employer is required to treat your income under old scheme when calculating TDS and submitting to the government.

When you file returns at the end of year, you would choose one of tax regime, and if you pick new regime and satisfy the conditions of no claimed exemptions, it will show as tax refund due. You file this return and IT dept will refund the excess tax after processing your return.
rjainv is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th August 2020, 22:14   #1635
BHPian

During 2019-2020 year, my company didn't consider the interest that I paid for my let out house citing that I didn't submit the proof of payments and some other required document. I did give them bank statement where all the interest paid are mentioned. But they didn't accept that and I even submitted the loan sanction letter.

So now at the time of ITR filing, can I somehow claim the deduction for the interest paid? If yes then is it something I just mention in the ITR form (have never filled ITR myself before) or I need to back it up using proofs and if yes then what proofs to submit?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks