Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th February 2008, 17:33   #1
Senior - BHPian

Stay away from "Reliance Wimax Broadband Internet"

A month back i took up "Relaince Wimax Braodband Internet" connection, since then till today have been suffering due to the bad speed/connectivity problem.

Till now i think have made more then 20 complaints, though the tech team is prompt in calling back but they failed to solve the problem...

The problem seems to be due to the signal strength. I think they have about 30 odd towers only, so if one happens to be close to the tower then this problem should not be there!

Also initially whenever i used to logon it used to take a lng time to identify the right ip, but this issue got sorted out after a while..

So today i finally canceled the connection as their technecian was unable to fix the problem...

So anyone thinking of going for relaince make sure you stay close to the relaince tower!

My suggestion better stay away!

Btw now am thinking of trying Tata Indicom Wimax, dont know if this is good enuf?? do let me know your thoughts/suggestions on this...thanks

Last edited by lohithrao : 7th February 2008 at 17:34. Reason: spelling
Old 7th February 2008, 17:58   #2
Senior - BHPian

Lohith their support and service too is pathetic and hence i moved out to airtel which is damn good. The manager itself ticked me off with his ignorance and an attitude of what do i care?
Old 7th February 2008, 18:02   #3
BHPian

lohith,

I applied for TataIndicom Wimax a month ago, technicians said that towers arent sufficient in our area and said will be back in a week. 4 weeks from then, I cancelled the application.
Old 7th February 2008, 18:03   #4
LLL
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VJ_MAVRICK View Post
The manager itself ticked me off with his ignorance and an attitude of what do i care?
This used to be PCU attitude but its so surprising that pvt companies have same attitude.
Old 7th February 2008, 18:23   #5
Senior - BHPian

hmmm yes i guess its better to stick wih Airtel or Bsnl, sadly airtels ports have got exhausted in my area... so i need to wait:(
Old 7th February 2008, 18:25   #6
BHPian

I already disconnnected.You know what there call center is in bombay and you call STD to complain they crack your head.They even don't know what is customer care.If still your wimax is working means you are just lucky
Old 7th February 2008, 18:28   #7
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VJ_MAVRICK View Post
Lohith their support and service too is pathetic and hence i moved out to airtel which is damn good. The manager itself ticked me off with his ignorance and an attitude of what do i care?
Very true, esp the team which sits here has no clue...and have got lots of attitude!
Old 7th February 2008, 18:28   #8
BHPian

Sorry to know about your tryst with reliance WIMAX.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lohithrao View Post
Btw now am thinking of trying Tata Indicom Wimax, dont know if this is good enuf?? do let me know your thoughts/suggestions on this...thanks
Any particular reason that you want to go for Wimax instead of the regular broadband which is much cheaper, fast and reliable.
Old 7th February 2008, 18:35   #9
Senior - BHPian

Any particular reason that you want to go for Wimax instead of the regular broadband which is much cheaper, fast and reliable.[/quote]

problem with airtel, all the ports in my area is in use... so dont know when will i get the connection.
Bsnl though i have applied no news from them...need a net connection asap:(
Old 7th February 2008, 18:50   #10
Senior - BHPian

Reliance Wimax interent has loads of complaints, couple of collegaues who had got one cancelled it within a month.
I do not see any point in their latest AD campaign when they cant even sort of network issues in cities like bangalore.
Old 7th February 2008, 18:59   #11
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lohithrao View Post
Any particular reason that you want to go for Wimax instead of the regular broadband which is much cheaper, fast and reliable.
The reason could be the hope that becuase of wireless last mile connectivity , disconnection problems would be lowest. In my case here in hyderabad neither airtel nor any branded broad band (other than reliance) is available.
So, me too was eying the possiblity of Wimax. Well ,in comparison Wimax is equally cheap as any airtel BB connection and rbut reliable only if you stay close to the tower(but how close??)

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedmiester View Post
Reliance Wimax interent has loads of complaints, couple of collegaues who had got one cancelled it within a month.
I had read many reviews on mouthshut about RIL wimax woes in banglore- anyone has any experience with Wimax in Hyderabad. RIL here has just launched the services a couple of months ago, still in intial stages but some few i talked are more less satisfied.
Old 7th February 2008, 20:51   #12
BHPian

lohit,

im a wimax user for the last 4 months. its not that i adore it but i didnt have a choice. since they were the only one who was providing connection in my area i took it. everything was fine for the first 10 days or so. then one day the connection was gone. there was no response even after many calls to their cc center(who doesnt know anything). connection use dto come once in a while but mostly there was no connection. with no soln in site i collected their cc mail address from site . infact i collected around 4-5 mail ids that i found in site and blasted them(im not taking pride in blasting ppl but i had to). in 2 days there were ppl at my home to fix the issue. the realigned the antena and told that it was some alignement issue. it went fine for some more days and again it went off for a weak. i again sent mails to all ids(this has an effect of hurting their pride since other departments are receiving this). i asked for a full refund on the days connection wasnt available. they gave me refund and for the past 1 month i faced no real problem. there was no connection twice but they could fix it within 1 hour of my complaint. i think you should also ask for refund and talk tough both through mails and call.

and this is important - TAKE A COMPLAINT ID REFERENCE NUMBER FOR EACH COMPLAINT YOU MAKE. THEY MAY NOT GIVE BUT INSIST ON THAT.
Old 7th February 2008, 22:59   #13
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajesh1868 View Post
lohit,

im a wimax user for the last 4 months. its not that i adore it but i didnt have a choice. since they were the only one who was providing connection in my area i took it. everything was fine for the first 10 days or so. then one day the connection was gone. there was no response even after many calls to their cc center(who doesnt know anything). connection use dto come once in a while but mostly there was no connection. with no soln in site i collected their cc mail address from site . infact i collected around 4-5 mail ids that i found in site and blasted them(im not taking pride in blasting ppl but i had to). in 2 days there were ppl at my home to fix the issue. the realigned the antena and told that it was some alignement issue. it went fine for some more days and again it went off for a weak. i again sent mails to all ids(this has an effect of hurting their pride since other departments are receiving this). i asked for a full refund on the days connection wasnt available. they gave me refund and for the past 1 month i faced no real problem. there was no connection twice but they could fix it within 1 hour of my complaint. i think you should also ask for refund and talk tough both through mails and call.

and this is important - TAKE A COMPLAINT ID REFERENCE NUMBER FOR EACH COMPLAINT YOU MAKE. THEY MAY NOT GIVE BUT INSIST ON THAT.

Hi, so many bad experiences! i dont expect this to improve for long!
btw can you pass on the mail ids?? i have few phone numbers will definately call and BLAST them...

Heard from one of the technician that they are getting lots of cancelation...
Old 8th February 2008, 10:27   #14
BHPian

I think Reliance telecom really sucks in all area's.Only reason people tried Wi-Max including me is non-availablity of Airtel or to be early adapters of the technology.I am working in telecom stream and was thrilled by there announcement.Reliance is also early adapters of CDMA which is better then GSM.But they are just putting vision they dont support it with infrastruture and people they spoil the name of the technology.Such people should be sued.

In Wi-Max case they put 2nd std failed people to install the Customer Premise Equipment (CPE).They even don't know what they are doing.They don't know what they are doing.In paper they have some unix commands written.That is all.

I now shifted to BSNL.To say BSNL really rocks.Appiled online 3 day my connection ready.First I thought BSNL applying online will never gonna work.But god it worked.
I really appreciate a public company going in par with Airtel or Vodo....kudos..

Just being technology adapters is not good enough.
If ambani is reading this these is my advice....
Old 8th February 2008, 10:47   #15
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deetee View Post
The reason could be the hope that becuase of wireless last mile connectivity , disconnection problems would be lowest. In my case here in hyderabad neither airtel nor any branded broad band (other than reliance) is available.
So, me too was eying the possiblity of Wimax. Well ,in comparison Wimax is equally cheap as any airtel BB connection and rbut reliable only if you stay close to the tower(but how close??)

I had read many reviews on mouthshut about RIL wimax woes in banglore- anyone has any experience with Wimax in Hyderabad. RIL here has just launched the services a couple of months ago, still in intial stages but some few i talked are more less satisfied.

airtel does have it broadband services in hyd. upto 8Mbps i believe.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks