Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th June 2008, 22:03   #46
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akroy View Post
Shifting Gears post are not counted to your post tally.......hence the post count is the same

Abhi

Thanks Abhi!
And I tell other new entrants to read the rules!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jraj View Post
...Thanks for the ET article.I had downloaded the pages from Indian railways website which said that dogs could be carried in FC compartments.My wife and FIL took print outs of them when they went to Pune station to meet the officials concerned.But those guys told them rules have changed.Maybe they were ignorant or maybe they dont like dogs...
Maybe they were just acting smart! Regardless, you now have Pepsi home! :-)
Old 28th June 2008, 19:20   #47
BHPian

Found this article in ET today. A person's experiance in ferrying 2 dogs from Kolkatta to Delhi in a First Class bogie by Train. I din't know where to put it, then remebered reading this thread a few weeks back. This information might to be too late for Pepsi, but might be usefull for someone else in the future.

Who says travelling by train is passe now?- ET Travel-Features-The Economic Times
Old 28th June 2008, 19:28   #48
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jraj View Post
Dogs have to be sedated before the flight begins.They are kept in specific cages inside the cargo hold of the aircraft.
Makes sense. A full-grown dog could bark himself hoarse. I dont know this because there was no sedation business when I once transported a pup.
Old 11th March 2017, 20:22   #49
BHPian

Re: Transporting Pepsi from Mumbai to Tamilnadu EDIT: Pepsi reaches home

Pepsi crossed the rainbow bridge and went to the doggy heaven today.
I am heart broken.

She would have completed 13 this August.

Age and weight issues had caught up with her and she became very slow for the past 1 year.Last September our Vet suggested we should consider letting her go,but we refused and with the fighting spirit she had,she fully recovered.

Yesterday night she started bleeding non stop through her nose and was rushed to the Vet.She was diagnosed with hemorrhage and mutiple internal organ failure.It was time to let her go.She was my baby and being far away from home really tears me up.One half of me keeps telling me she had a very fulfilling life and left without much of a struggle.

She was the best companion one can ask for.She loved kids and they equally loved her back.Here is a picture of her with my son taken last September.
Good bye Pepsi.The void you leave in my heart will remain forever and that place is only for you.No one is going to replace that
Attached Thumbnails
Transporting Pepsi from Mumbai to Tamilnadu EDIT: Pepsi reaches home-img_0409.jpg  

Transporting Pepsi from Mumbai to Tamilnadu EDIT: Pepsi reaches home-fullsizerender.jpg  

Last edited by jraj : 11th March 2017 at 20:24.
Old 12th March 2017, 06:17   #50
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)
Re: Transporting Pepsi from Mumbai to Tamilnadu EDIT: Pepsi reaches home

Quote:
Originally Posted by diwa View Post
Found this article in ET today. A person's experiance in ferrying 2 dogs from Kolkatta to Delhi in a First Class bogie by Train. I din't know where to put it, then remebered reading this thread a few weeks back. This information might to be too late for Pepsi, but might be usefull for someone else in the future.

Who says travelling by train is passe now?- ET Travel-Features-The Economic Times
Our family has always transported our pets (when required) either by Train, always in the first class coupe or first class air-conditioned coupe - (Madras-Calcutta-Madras or Madras-Delhi-Madras or Madras-Mettupalayam-Madras), or by our own private car, or by the "tea estate trucks/ jeeps" whenever Mom and Dad were getting transferred between Estates or between Tea Plantation Districts - always but always accompanied by one of the family or one of our trusted "home people" who have equally loved them.

Made sure at all times that there is water handy and food as well. (Simple easy to digest stuff, like plain Idlis and Curd Rice or bread/milk).

Even when I moved from Pondy to Bangalore 14-15 years ago, my two doggies came with me and my "home person" in the old Gypsy, with the AC on, with frequent stops for water, bio calls and a "leg stretch" in the country side.

I somehow cannot handle the thought of sending a doggy all by himself/ herself, sedated in a pet cage, by plane to a far country. It is frightening to me. Im sure it is worse for the dog.

If ever one is forced to do this, then as far as I know, the ONLY airline that does a proper job of it, is Lufthansa.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks