Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th March 2008, 10:25   #16
BHPian

I have travelled three times on JET mainly from london

Rge experience was more than a Average and Good.
seating is good and fresh ( Comparatively New Aircraft)
Entertainment system is best with good choice of movies ( Virgin is also Good!)
Crew is Indian and Hindi Speaking and smart ( not like Air India !)

Only negative is that if some body is more into drinks and wine the choices are less and they are somewhat hesitant to ask for it , so its you everytime reminding them !!
Old 6th March 2008, 11:35   #17
Distinguished - BHPian

My cousin travelled by Jet from Newark(or New York, I forget) and loved it. He was raving abt the experience.

So, I think you should book your tickets as quickly as possible!!

And someone mentioned that it's possible to pause the inflight entertainment system. That is something I have noticed only on Boeing jets. When I flew to Dubai (Emirtaes), it was a Boeing and it was movies on demand. I could pause it as and when I liked and there were a huge number of movies for me to watch.

Returning from Dubai (Emirates again), the aircraft was an Airbus and man it sucked !! No pausing. Only 3 movies(Tara rum pum, some english movie and some arabic movie). Absolute crap.

As much as possible, make sure you are getting a Boeing. Most airlines mention which aircraft it is on their website
Old 6th March 2008, 11:58   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikhilb2008 View Post
As much as possible, make sure you are getting a Boeing. Most airlines mention which aircraft it is on their website
Has nothing to do with the aircraft manufacturer. ICE (Information, Communication and Entertainment, not In-Car Entertainment) is specified by the airline and Emirates did an upgrade to a lot of their aircraft. Some of their aircraft still dont have the new system, you probably flew an older aircraft the second time around.
Old 6th March 2008, 12:05   #19
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid View Post
Has nothing to do with the aircraft manufacturer. ICE (Information, Communication and Entertainment, not In-Car Entertainment) is specified by the airline and Emirates did an upgrade to a lot of their aircraft. Some of their aircraft still dont have the new system, you probably flew an older aircraft the second time around.
Hmm..... Maybe it was just a coincidence then.

When I went to KL (in Malaysia Airlines), we again got Airbus aircrafts on both the journeys and it was again lousy. Maybe it was just my bad luck

Thanks for the clarification.
Old 6th March 2008, 12:08   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikhilb2008 View Post
Hmm..... Maybe it was just a coincidence then.

When I went to KL (in Malaysia Airlines), we again got Airbus aircrafts on both the journeys and it was again lousy. Maybe it was just my bad luck

Thanks for the clarification.

Fly any of these airlines on their routes flying to Europe or the US and you'll find a totally different experience.

India is Emirates' largest market, yet we're treated like cattle when it comes to passenger amenities.
Old 6th March 2008, 12:37   #21
Senior - BHPian

Yes, In my experience Dubai->India Leg gets worst service/Aircraft while flying from Dubai.

If you are flying Business, you get free Pickup/Drog-off to home in New York/London/Dubai but not in Mumbai. And you pay the same amount of money.

And Dubai->Mumbai Aircaft is horrible as well (as compared to Aircrafts used in Dubai->JFK or Dubai->Heathrow/Gatwick).

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks