Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th October 2011, 16:32   #301
BHPian

As I already mentioned, the remaining part after refresh was succesful- meaning: ticket got booked, cash deducted from bank, and soon in a couple of days the service charges also will appear among bank transactions.
Yes, as u mentioned, if the refresh doesnt go back to irctc site, then u may either find it under failed transactions subsequently the refund getting processed automatically in few days time, or u may have to initiate a refund on your own.
Old 27th October 2011, 11:11   #302
Senior - BHPian

re: Indian Railways website (www.irctc.co.in) EDIT: IR resumes linen supply in select trains

Had to do a refresh today (actually twice) when it got stuck after payment was cleared at FedNet site. Came back to IRCTC without any issues. Thankfully...
Old 27th October 2011, 13:05   #303
BHPian

re: Indian Railways website (www.irctc.co.in) EDIT: IR resumes linen supply in select trains

I booked Some tickets for my friends thru IRCTC via my debit card(CanBank). Unfortunately, they had to cancel their program. So I cancelled the tickets and got the conformation message. but there is no sign of any refund inn my bank a/c. What to do??

PS:: TThe ticket was cancelled 2 weeks ago
Old 27th October 2011, 13:23   #304
Senior - BHPian

^^^ 2-weeks is a long time for refund to get credited. Normally it is credited in 2-3 days. In such cases, I used to email care@irctc.co.in giving details of tickets cancelled. And they did respond quite fast. You could try that.
Old 27th October 2011, 18:54   #305
BHPian

@SB: Sent an email to the id. Also spoke to the customer care executive who told me that the refund has already been processed on my acc. But there is none to speak of. It's really irritating that these guys are making me go around in circles. It seems like a scam to me. Now I'm thinking of going to the bank and disputing the charge. I have all the relevant screenshots saved. Let's see what happens.
Old 29th October 2011, 01:22   #306
BANNED

A refund takes 3 to 7 days. Sometimes, browsing the booked / cancelled history speeds things up. (probably, I am imagining things).
Old 1st November 2011, 12:49   #307
Senior - BHPian

Now travel without a paper ticket.

''Electronic Reservation Slip (ERS) - The printout in standard specified Performa containing reservation particulars, and instructions for use which can be used by the passenger along with the relevant authorizedIdentification, as travel authority for performing the journey.

Virtual Reservation Message (VRM) - A screen-shot of the e-ticket displayed through laptops/palmtops/ Mobile phone is referred as Virtual Reservation Message (VRM).

ERS/VRM along with any one of the eight prescribed ID proofs in original and the indication of the passenger(s)' name(s) in the Reservation Chart will authorize the passenger to travel.

VRM combined with valid photo-id in original will be treated as an instrument on par with the ERS.

ERS/VRM along with one of the eight prescribed proofs of identity in original will also authorize the passenger to enter the platform on the day of journey and he/she will not be required to purchase platform ticket. ERS/VRM along with original id proof will be required to be produced on demand of Ticket Checking Staff on the platform.''

Reference : Railway Board Letter No.2008/TG-I/10/P/SMS dated 20.07.2011
Old 1st November 2011, 13:01   #308
BANNED

Already done it 4 times. Tomorrow's journey will be 5th.
Old 3rd November 2011, 23:08   #309

Hey guys.. I've been using the site for quite along time now and its wonderful and convenient for us to just sit at home and book instead of standing in a huge line.
Here is something I've tried and was successful. I was checking tickets from Chennai to Thrissur and found out to be in waiting list no 285. So what I did was to check if its available till coimbatore. and amazingly it was.. so i booked from Chennai to Coimbatore and from Coimbatore to Thrissur in THE SAME TRAIN which earlier showed W/L 285 for direct ticket. Reason being the Quota available for each station.
So guys try this out.
The DISADVANTAGE : you will have to change bogies in the middle of your travel and itll cost you a bit more... luckily for me till Coimbatore I got s4 and after that s5

Cheers everyone
Old 28th November 2011, 15:26   #310
Senior - BHPian

Hey guys!

Need to book some Chennai - Bangalore - Chennai Shatabdi tickets.
What is 'executive' class like? Worth the extra over AC Chair Car?

Thanks
Old 28th November 2011, 15:32   #311
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anekho View Post
Hey guys!

Need to book some Chennai - Bangalore - Chennai Shatabdi tickets.
What is 'executive' class like? Worth the extra over AC Chair Car?

Thanks
Absolutely!! leg space is phenomenal.
cheers
PRADEEP KUMAR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th November 2011, 17:18   #312
BHPian

Recently I tried booking on the IRCTC site. It is great the website is accesible for common people again without crashing.

In btwn, I had some issue while using Ipad or android. Not able to scroll down to select the destination station. Otherwise the site is really fast. Feel like using trains again.
Old 28th November 2011, 17:33   #313
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by indian21r View Post
Recently I tried booking on the IRCTC site. It is great the website is accesible for common people again without crashing.

In btwn, I had some issue while using Ipad or android. Not able to scroll down to select the destination station. Otherwise the site is really fast. Feel like using trains again.
Its a great site as long as you are not trying to book Tatkal tickets at 8am.
With Tatkal, its super slow and you need to have a lot of patience.

My experience of getting a ticket via Tatkal @8am is 50%

-Fillmore.
Old 28th November 2011, 17:54   #314
BHPian

Tatkal seems to work fine for me at 8 am. Tried it twice, and got it booked on both occasions. If you need a sleeper class ticket, its pretty easy as there are a lot of tickets up for sale. Its tricky with AC coaches, as the site loads up pretty slow, and the tickets dwindle pretty fast!
Old 28th November 2011, 18:08   #315
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fillmore View Post
Its a great site as long as you are not trying to book Tatkal tickets at 8am.
With Tatkal, its super slow and you need to have a lot of patience.

My experience of getting a ticket via Tatkal @8am is 50%

-Fillmore.
Infact I was talking about Tatkal only. The last time I was able to access the site properly and book a ticket in Tatkal was more than a year back(before they did a site upgrade).

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks