Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th April 2011, 08:21   #226
Senior - BHPian

re: Indian Railways website (www.irctc.co.in) EDIT: IR resumes linen supply in select trains

For the first 10 minutes(8 to 8.10) there seems to be this service not available error. From then it starts responding, albeit slowly.
Old 26th April 2011, 12:54   #227
BHPian

re: Indian Railways website (www.irctc.co.in) EDIT: IR resumes linen supply in select trains

Guys

Does anyone have come across being benefited from the SBI Railway Card provided by irctc?
Old 26th April 2011, 20:09   #228
Senior - BHPian

After a long time was doing Tatkal booking from home (BSNL bband) last Saturday. I had a ticket for Easter Sunday, but was trying Tatkal for Monday to get another day at home.

- Login at 8AM - no issues.

- Damn - lack of QuickBook is a pain as I have forgotten the normal way of booking after using QB for a long time. Since everyone has access to QB (level playing field), not sure what they are trying to achieve by disabling it.

- 1st attempt, it does not display the link to click for booking tickets for the trains on your required route. F5 does not work.

- Re-login - this time it proceeds further but stays for eternity at next page - F5 logs me out.

- Subsequent 2 attempts seem like ages reaching the Payment Gateway, which I find strange since Bank gateway should be fine. On a lark, try the bank's netbanking on another window - yes, it does not get there.

- Relogin and try another bank - it works.

All this time (from 8 - 8:39AM), I see the available Tatkal seats come down from 32 to 30 to finally 1 when I succeeded at last attempt. Heaved a sigh of relief when I got the ticket. Painful 40mins !!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikxsans660
Does anyone have come across being benefited from the SBI Railway Card provided by irctc?
I would have gone for it, but the fact thay they don't give points for travel in 3AC put me off. Actually why not points (lesser than higher grades ofcourse) for even SL, like with airlines where you even get miles for Economy Class ?
Old 26th April 2011, 22:41   #229
BANNED

The SBI railwaycard is a normal credit card - what is the big deal with this one?
Old 26th April 2011, 23:11   #230
Senior - BHPian

That card saves you from buying platform tickets on ANY railways.

In Mumbai, these tickets are a major headache. E.g. you need these just to cross over from East to West at quite a few places. And tickets purchased on Central railway do not work on Western/Konkan and vice versa.
NetfreakBombay is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th April 2011, 23:40   #231
BHPian

This card seems to have some benefits. Guess i would go for it now.

Thanks people.
Old 9th May 2011, 10:14   #232
BHPian

Is the website irctc.co.in down from today morning? Can anyone please check and confirm?
Old 9th May 2011, 10:17   #233
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ontheroad View Post
Is the website irctc.co.in down from today morning? Can anyone please check and confirm?
Yes. Even I am not able to open it. I asked a couple of my friends and its the same. Looks like there is too much load. Try after some time.
Saanil is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th May 2011, 10:19   #234
Senior - BHPian

Last night between 8.00 PM - 9.00 PM I was able to book 6 different tickets on the trot. But unable to take the printouts today morning till now. The site is not loading.
Gansan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th May 2011, 12:23   #235
BHPian

Had a problem booking a ticket last week. The irctc website redirected me to the bank website for payment. Payment was sucecssful but when the bank's website redirected back to irctc for ticket confirmation, there it was, the conenction timeout issue and the irctc website did not load at all.

I was curious to check the status of the transaction. I logged into irctc after a little while and navigated to the failed transaction link.

A sigh of releaf that the status was "Settlement Requested". The amount was settled after about 5-6 days.

More often than not the website shows "Temporarily Unavailable" around 8 AM everyday because of the huge traffic for tatkal booking.

Also, one needs to manualy enter the Source (From) and Destination(To) in the text box and loading the station names takes quite a long time.

This is no doubt THE worst website i have ever come across.
Old 9th May 2011, 12:42   #236
Senior - BHPian

^^Even if the payment goes through but the ticket is not booked for whatever reason, the amount is automatically credited back within three working days.
Old 9th May 2011, 13:41   #237
BHPian

The site seems to be having problem since morning. Am not able to open it. Astonished as to why such thngs never happened in Lalu's time
Old 9th May 2011, 13:48   #238
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkcrpl View Post
Astonished as to why such thngs never happened in Lalu's time
haha,
he kept the things in line with jugad but Didi failed to do so.

I read somewhere that another rail website named CRIS will be there for internet reservations.
Old 9th May 2011, 13:59   #239
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MohsinRoadster View Post
More often than not the website shows "Temporarily Unavailable" around 8 AM everyday because of the huge traffic for tatkal booking.

This is no doubt THE worst website i have ever come across.

Hey, correct me if im wrong, but i thought irctc has discontinued the Tatkal bookings online from 8AM now. A friend of mine told me tatkal bookings are now possible only after 9AM, when online. Only at the ticket window, tatkal booking can be done at 8. This was allegedly due to some people hacking into the system and making use of the Tatkal facility to their benefit.
Old 9th May 2011, 15:52   #240
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by misguidedmisile View Post
Hey, correct me if im wrong, but i thought irctc has discontinued the Tatkal bookings online from 8AM now. A friend of mine told me tatkal bookings are now possible only after 9AM, when online. Only at the ticket window, tatkal booking can be done at 8. This was allegedly due to some people hacking into the system and making use of the Tatkal facility to their benefit.
The last time i booked tatkal was preciely on 4th May 2011 at around 8:25 AM.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks