Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th April 2017, 15:29   #841
BHPian

re: Indian Railways website (www.irctc.co.in) EDIT: IR resumes linen supply in select trains

I would like to share my experience about how the Govt. is improving its proactiveness towards consumers of services it provides.

Last Dec. my family and I had booked the Calcutta Mail (Train 12321) for travel from Piparya in Madhya Pradesh to Mumbai. Unfortunately due to derailment of another train on the Calcutta-Piparya route, my train was delayed by about 8 hours. As we had onward journey bookings from Mumbai, we decided to change our travel plan. We hired a taxi to take us from Piparya to Bhopal and took a flight from Bhopal to Mumbai.

After reaching my destination, I tried cancelling my rail tickets on the IRCTC website but recd a message that ticket cannot be cancelled after departure of the train from the boarding point. I found this quite irritating as I was put to unnecessary expense and effort, for no fault of mine. Exploring the IRCTC website further, I found an option to file an online TDR (refund request), which I did, only to receive a standard reply from IRCTC that TDR had to be filed within 1 hour before or after the departure of train from boarding point.

By this point, I had worked up an appetite to fight this out. My thinking was : What does IRCTC expect a passenger to do under such circumstances? Set aside everything and get on to their slow website to file an online TDR within the deadline? In my case, my priority was to reach Mumbai asap, so that I could continue with my onward journey.

Searching on Google brought me to the Indian Railways website http://www.coms.indianrailways.gov.in/criscm/home.seam (Note that IRCTC is an autonomous corporation under the Indian Railways and hence not the same). There is an option in there to register complaints and I reported my complaint, with little hope. After about 2 months, I was pleasantly surprised to receive an email from Indian Railways, that they had considered my case and had recommended to IRCTC to grant me full refund of the rail ticket's cost. Within a week IRCTC processed the refund on my credit card.
So friends, if you end up in a similar predicament, use the link provided above.
Old 9th May 2017, 12:07   #842
BHPian

re: Indian Railways website (www.irctc.co.in) EDIT: IR resumes linen supply in select trains

Today, i was trying to book tickets through ios app of irctc. It gave me error 'this app is no more support. please visit irctc.co.in for bookings'.
Then i searched app store but couldn't find the app.
Is it pulled out of app store?
Old 21st August 2017, 10:44   #843
BANNED

I tried choosing the Premium Tatkal option while booking - but I always get "Error Booking Not allowed" - is Premium Tatkal only available for some trains & not all? I am trying to book for Indrayini Express or MumbaiPune Intercity Express.
Old 21st August 2017, 13:09   #844
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by carboy View Post
I tried choosing the Premium Tatkal option while booking - but I always get "Error Booking Not allowed" - is Premium Tatkal only available for some trains & not all? I am trying to book for Indrayini Express or MumbaiPune Intercity Express.
Yes. Only selected trains have Premium Tatkal quota. I refer to indiarailinfo.com for checking if the train has PT quota. Couldn't find this information on IRCTC website.
Old 22nd August 2017, 22:53   #845
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bomi View Post

Searching on Google brought me to the Indian Railways website http://www.coms.indianrailways.gov.in/criscm/home.seam .
I was in the exact same situation in 2015, too bad I did not know about this. I did write emails to them but to no use. I am not sure if I do it now, I will get the refund or not. But still, will give it a try. Thank you.
Old 28th September 2017, 20:06   #846
Senior - BHPian

I had a confirmed train ticket and my train was cancelled. I got an automated cancellation e-mail from IRCTC about 4 days ago ( these days there's no need to file a TDR ) but I haven't got the refund yet.

On the other hand , I cancelled another ticket on my own and the refund was credited in 2 days .

Do refunds in case of train cancellations take longer ? How long ?

Last edited by sdp1975 : 28th September 2017 at 20:21.
Old 8th November 2017, 07:50   #847
BHPian

Re: ID Proof for E-Ticket booked on IRCTC?

What do we have to carry as ID proof, if we have updated aadhar number as ID in IRCTC site? Does the SMS on the mobile, suffice OR does one need to carry original aadhar card?

BTW, I always have my DL in my wallet.
Please advise!
Old 8th November 2017, 07:56   #848
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMaruru View Post
What do we have to carry as ID proof, if we have updated aadhar number as ID in IRCTC site? Does the SMS on the mobile, suffice OR does one need to carry original aadhar card?

BTW, I always have my DL in my wallet.
Please advise!
DL as ID Proof is more than enough.

As per IRCTC, the following document are valid as ID Proof
  • Passport.
  • Voter photo identity card issued by Election Commission of India.
  • Driving Licence issued by RTO
  • Pan Card issued by Income Tax Department.
  • Photo Identity card having serial number issued by Central / State Government.
  • Student Identity Card with photograph issued by recognized School/College for their students.
  • Nationalized Bank Passbook with photographs.
  • Credit Cards issued by Banks with laminated photograph.
  • Unique Identification Card "Aadhaar”.
  • Photo identity cards having serial number issued by public sector Undertakings of State/Central Government, District Administrations, Municipal bodies and Panchayat Administrations.
Reference: https://www.services.irctc.co.in/bet...tktfaq.html#Q1
Old 8th November 2017, 09:27   #849
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yogeshbala View Post
I had traveled to Delhi from Chennai on the 16th of Dec, 2016 by Rajdhani Express, scheduled to reach H. Nizamuddin Station at 10:25 hrs on 17th Dec, 2016. Until I traveled and had the experience, I was of the belief that the Rajdhani Express would get preference and would be on time (At least not delayed hugely!). But for my luck : Frustrati: Frustrati, the train which was 30 min. late until Gwalior got delayed by more than 3.5 hrs when it reached H. Nizamuddin. Finally, reached my destination at 14:10 hrs. This is in spite of the fact that the weather in Delhi was clear, without Fog / Smog.

So IMO I do feel that no one concerned bothers about the delays anymore and we passengers have got to live with it.
Once I travelled in thid train a few years ago, it was one of the worst Rajdhani's. The food warmer was not working in the coach and they provided cold food, complained to TT to no avail.
Old 8th November 2017, 10:46   #850
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kozhissery View Post
[*] Unique Identification Card "Aadhaar”.
Where can we get this 'Aadhaar' card done in B'lore? I have this long hard paper copy original which was sent by the Aadhaar authorities. Would like to convert it to a CC sized card so that it can fit in the wallet..
Old 8th November 2017, 10:48   #851
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Where can we get this 'Aadhaar' card done in B'lore? I have this long hard paper copy original which was sent by the Aadhaar authorities. Would like to convert it to a CC sized card so that it can fit in the wallet..
Just get a printout of your e-aadhaar (you'll probably have got a copy in your email if you gave the Aadhaar people your email address) and keep that in your wallet.

Speaking as a security professional, it is of no particular use when deployed like this though, showing it like it is a DL or pan card. Without Biometric authentication using Aadhaar to validate identity is silly, to put it mildly. So unless the TTE is carrying an Aadhaar biometric reader kit with him ..
Old 8th November 2017, 10:51   #852
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hserus View Post
Just get a printout of your e-aadhaar (you'll probably have got a copy in your email if you gave the Aadhaar people your email address) and keep that in your wallet.

Speaking as a security professional, it is of no particular use when deployed like this though, showing it like it is a DL or pan card. Without Biometric authentication using Aadhaar to validate identity is silly, to put it mildly. So unless the TTE is carrying an Aadhaar biometric reader kit with him ..
For travel, isn't the Aadhaar used as photo identity card? CC sized Aadhaar card with photo and the name should hopefully pass as ID proof.
Old 8th November 2017, 10:56   #853
BHPian

Quote:
I got it from this (https://goo.gl/maps/qmgXWNQah1y) aadhar enrollment center. They charge Rs50 per card and good thing is, you can get as many cards as you wish for a single aadhar. I believe, such facilities might be available in other aadhar enrollment centers as well.
Old 8th November 2017, 10:59   #854
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
For travel, isn't the Aadhaar used as photo identity card? CC sized Aadhaar card with photo and the name should hopefully pass as ID proof.
It is. But the whole point of introducing Aadhaar was to produce something that is allegedly more reliable / verifiable than a photo identity card. Going to all that trouble and then making people carrying printouts of their Aadhaar is ..
Old 27th February 2018, 09:23   #855
BHPian

For the past few weeks iam unable to book tickets on irctc web site. Its asking me to update my profile (mobile number and email id) all of a sudden. When i try to update the details, i get error saying 'mobile already in use' and 'email already in use' . Duh!!

I tried emailing them and calling helpdesk. No use. Can only talk to some dumb ladies and cannot get thru to the 'technical' team who should be able to help me out.

Anyone here faced similar issue? If so, any contact number/email you can share with me (on forum or pvt msg) will be most helpful.

Thanks!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks