Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th March 2008, 09:04   #1
LLL
BHPian

ICICI & Ezeego1.com Suck badly

Have been doing internet transactions for more than 6-7 years now, but sometimes we end up with really pathetic sites..like i am stuck now.

I tried to purchase flight tickets via ezeego1.com and got a transaction failed error, but credit card was still debited.

I asked for a refund and they asked me for a bank authorization code or a transaction id.

Now i tried to reach ICICI customer care and end up going in loops. The IVR asks for card # and then tells me its an invalid entry. So even 3-4 tries i am unable to speak to a customer care rep.

anyone has a clue as to how to reach icici rep via their stupid IVR?
Old 19th March 2008, 09:14   #2
BHPian

mailing always helps.if you can check your acct online, then you will get some reference number for the transaction. not sure if this is shown in atm counters
Old 19th March 2008, 09:41   #3
LLL
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajesh1868 View Post
mailing always helps.if you can check your acct online, then you will get some reference number for the transaction. not sure if this is shown in atm counters
Yes, i have mailed the account manager.

No point in visiting their branch as most of them are completely clueless about almost everything in life.
Old 19th March 2008, 11:12   #4
BHPian

happened with my fren too, around 4 months back. That too on an international ticket. I believe she still hasnt got any refunds yet
Old 19th March 2008, 11:38   #5
BHPian

Whenever I couldn't reach the cutomer care agent through IVR, I used to enter some non-existent digits (whenever they ask us to press 1 for this,2 for that etc) or CC number along with wrong TPIN etc etc..and it used to get connected to the agent( the only issue is that you will have to go through a verification process by him/her).

I have tried this many a times and have successfully gone through. Of late I have not tried to reach them, so not sure if they have made any changes in the system. Would say, worth a try.

Having said that, ICICI's IVR sucks big time.I always have felt it as a self punishment, caught in the loop of IVR and their crap song "Hum hein naaaa..."((((:
Old 19th March 2008, 11:40   #6
BHPian

ICICI Bank Customer Care? i mean on phone it's very confusing.....after long process we able to talk with representative . A normal person will sure fail to follow the process..
Old 19th March 2008, 11:49   #7
BHPian

on 22nd Feb, I had a small party at PAi Viceroy, thebill came up to 1290, and they used my ICICI Debit card and I got 2 SMS simultenously and the balance indicated that they had debited the same amount twice. I brought that to the hotel notice. They said they have debited it only once.. and if there was 2 times debiting they required to contact the account manager of the hotel with the Bank statement.

I did go back there with the account statement after 2 days.. they showed me their transactions and gave me a print of 22nd Feb sales and their bank account statement. where it shows only one time crediting from my card number.. I have complained to the ICICI customer care .. they said it would take 35 days to investigate.. I have their ticket number ..and following up everytime..

They still have more days as promised .. .but looking at this situation.. if any of you have debit cards which dont require entering the PIN then pls dont use it in Hotels or Bunks etc.. I was fortunate that I got SMS and I noticed... But worse sometimes SMS are not sent for all transactions.. sometime it is missed..

CASH Transactions are best..
Old 19th March 2008, 12:05   #8
Senior - BHPian

Start chasing ezeego1.com as well. I was once charged twice on my ICICI Card while booking an Indian Airlines ticket via the Indian Airlines website.

I just sent an email to the Indian Airlines customer service and they reversed the transaction the very next day.
Old 19th March 2008, 12:21   #9
Senior - BHPian

It will take time for them to investigate and get back to you.

Cash transactions are the best.

I avoid using cards in Petrol bunks and Restaturants. Debit cards are safer compared to Credit Cards. Do not leave your credit card under someones custody. I never leave my credit card from my point of sight when someone is swiping it.

I have had bad experiences by using cards online. The money gets debited eventhough the transaction could not complete. Then the service supplier and bank starts pointing fingers at each other.
But sometimes we cannot avoid it, like booking flight tickets.

Sometimes the bank reverses the double debiting after I make a purchase. This shows that the system is prone to error.
Old 19th March 2008, 13:14   #10
Senior - BHPian

Ha ha talk about ICICI IVR, today I got the taste of it. I need to foreclose one of loan and from their IVR for existing loan option I was never able to go through.Then what I did was instead of "Existing Loan" I pressed the option for "Applying Loan" and voila, it got connected instantly.Then the customer care representative connected me to the loan closer department.
Old 19th March 2008, 18:55   #11
rkg
Senior - BHPian

for all those ICICI IVR affected persons
this was the mail i got from ICICI customer care long back .never used it. try and see

Kindly follow the below option after dialing the Customer Care Number dial *11521 to reach the Phone Banking Office directly.

Sincerely,

Kavitha.S.Pillay
Customer Service Officer
ICICI Bank Limited
Old 19th March 2008, 19:53   #12
LLL
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkg View Post
for all those ICICI IVR affected persons
this was the mail i got from ICICI customer care long back .never used it. try and see

Kindly follow the below option after dialing the Customer Care Number dial *11521 to reach the Phone Banking Office directly.

Sincerely,

Kavitha.S.Pillay
Customer Service Officer
ICICI Bank Limited
it didnt work. As usual, they give me 3 tries to enter my cc # and then say that card # is invalid. Ofcourse its a icici issued card...maybe ICICI doesnt know that they issued this card.
Old 19th March 2008, 22:42   #13
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by LLL View Post
it didnt work. As usual, they give me 3 tries to enter my cc # and then say that card # is invalid. Ofcourse its a icici issued card...maybe ICICI doesnt know that they issued this card.
Hey I get the same message sometimes too. But after telling me that the info is wrong it said press 7 (or 9 i dont remember) to speak with the customer care agent. If you are not successful, try to get to the agent by pressing other digits(ie go to some other section) and once you tell them the problem, they'll transfer the call to the correct executive themselves. These two methods have worked for me well.
Old 20th March 2008, 23:14   #14
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by LLL View Post
anyone has a clue as to how to reach icici rep via their stupid IVR?
I can fully understand your pain dude.

One magic fix to all your Customer Care troubles (works with all kinds of companies):

Call up the Customer care number and select the option which is meant to generate a lead/sale for the company. For example, while calling up a Bank, select the option to take a loan or something, credit card, or whatever they offer. Another example, lets say for a mobile operator, select the option to take a new connection.

Thumb Rule: Never ever, and I mean and you all should note, Never Ever select an option which asks if you are an existing customer. You are no good as they know you wont bring any new business but have a problem which most likely has got to do with the service provider.

This is a method I have employed over the past few years since calling up a Customer Care helpline became a pain in the a**. And, more often than not, it has worked.
Old 28th March 2008, 13:35   #15
BHPian

ezeego is a dangerous travel website to deal with. You cannot expect any refunds. Their helpline nos. are very bad, putting you in a loop without access to any operators.
I have lost Rs. 1500 on a GoAir ticket in September, which I had cancelled before the travel date.
Everytime the ezeego guys say they will give the refund but nothing happens.
Keep away from that site, considering you have better websites like travelguru, yatra, flightraja etc.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks