Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd May 2008, 11:32   #31
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by headers View Post
Hi..sorry for the unfortunate incident..But you are not supposed to drive any car without a proper number plate! BTW, looks like the guys took you for a ride..Did you get a receipt for the fine you paid the first time..then you could have shown that to the second set of guys..Anyway the mistake is on the dealers part to have given you the vehicle without the number plates..so you could actually sew them.

AMV..?? can you explain?
The first day, ie, Monday I was let off free as he understood that I took the car on Sat night. Tuesday I was caught by the second gang,Motor Vehicles Dept Inspectors.
Old 2nd May 2008, 11:41   #32
Team-BHP Support

Just apologize and pay the fine, if they still act smart try to rope in some influence.
Old 7th May 2008, 19:02   #33
Team-BHP Support

Any updates, hope you got this sorted without much issues.
Old 7th May 2008, 19:50   #34
Senior - BHPian

I lost the copy of the paper but found the AMV who filed the thingy. He was co-operative when I said I lost the paper. It took him sometime to find the original. He said he cant do anything now and that I will have to come in the afternoon and give a petition to J-RTOsaying what happened etc and that I was ready to pay the fine.

Once he approves and decides on a fine amount, I can pay fine and clear things!
Old 7th May 2008, 20:43   #35
Senior - BHPian

I faced the same issue on the same day of delivery from the showroom last year. Unfortunately, there was only a red bold letter sticker 'REGD' on the front and back windscreen. The salesguy was supposed to call and give me the registered number that evening, but cops caught me in the afternoon itself.

I did not know whats to be done when we were stopped at a main signal junction. Cop came to me and asked my DL, took the plastic card DL and kept in his pocket making sure I would not escape from the spot. Somehow I didnt want to stand at the centre of the 4-way junction and argue with him when everyone was curiously looking at our car with the showroom ribbons and no number plates. I forced my wife to give 100 buck to the cop and get my DL back. She, being a typical mumbaikar, didnt think twice, went straight to the cop, handed over the 100 rupee note waving it visible to the public and asked for the DL. May be he got embarassed the way wifee handed over the currency and demanded the DL. No questions were asked. Problem solved.

I learned one thing that day; cops are mostly fragile and weak infront of women in public places. They tend to leave them alone. May be they are scared of getting into trouble later.
Attached Thumbnails
Law breaker or not?-wr.jpg  

Last edited by shajufx : 7th May 2008 at 20:49.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks