Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th March 2008, 18:25   #16
Senior - BHPian

very good news to hear.
Hope RELIANCE RETAIL also face the same situation.
They had no business to put mud in the pitchers of poor small time traders/retailers and street corner shops
Old 25th March 2008, 18:33   #17
Senior - BHPian

Does it really matter to us with them shutting shop ? How many of us are regular Reliance users, other than complaining about the steep price difference.
Old 26th March 2008, 00:53   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay99 View Post
very good news to hear.
Hope RELIANCE RETAIL also face the same situation.
They had no business to put mud in the pitchers of poor small time traders/retailers and street corner shops
errr... both are doing business. We as consumers have no business telling who should be trading and who shouldn't.
Old 26th March 2008, 07:41   #19
BHPian

And there's nothing wrong with selling at a lesser price.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayavi View Post
errr... both are doing business. We as consumers have no business telling who should be trading and who shouldn't.
Old 26th March 2008, 07:55   #20
BHPian

Its unfortunate that they are closing.

I think that with the entry of Reliance, PSU's were forced to improve on service levels and quality. Also only after Reliance entered the fuel market, PSU's felt some pressure and started branding their fuels.

Even if they are closing down i feel that they will leave a mark of theirs on the Indian market. Who knows may be some time soon they may be back.
Old 26th March 2008, 10:17   #21
Senior - BHPian

My guess is they should be back in 6-12 months.
Since govt. is in election mood, I am sure they will not touch the oil price for now. but this cannot continue for ever. So, once the election is done, whichever govt comes next, it has to raise the price of petrol & diesel for sure. So, chances that they would be more or less near the reliance price.
Old 26th March 2008, 10:42   #22
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Reliance backing out of a venture because of government policies?!! Gosh, this is a rare instance which just goes to show the strong-hold of BP, IOC, HP etc.

And if Reliance can't compete against state-run petroleum firms, no one can. Petrol retail is not a level-playing field and the only loss is to the end customer....you and me. I only filled up at Reliance pumps on the highway, somehow that trust factor (pure unadulterated fuel) was inherent to the Reliance brand.

Shell and Essar are almost certain to follow.
Old 26th March 2008, 10:45   #23
Distinguished - BHPian

does it mean Shell will also close? i have been using shell from the beginning. the one near ISKON in Bangalore where I regularly fill is doing pretty well.. but Shell outlet on mysore road (near Kengeri?) was *empty*.. and the attendant was making sure if I want to fill up @ Rs48/lit. looks like not many customers there.
Old 26th March 2008, 10:51   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by androdev View Post
does it mean Shell will also close? i have been using shell from the beginning. the one near ISKON in Bangalore where I regularly fill is doing pretty well.. but Shell outlet on mysore road (near Kengeri?) was *empty*.. and the attendant was making sure if I want to fill up @ Rs48/lit. looks like not many customers there.
Rs48/lit ???
What fuel is that ?
Old 26th March 2008, 11:00   #25
Team-BHP Support

Not at all surprised. During my trip from Bangalore to Kerala and back, almost all the Reliance petrol bunks i came across were empty with no/hardly any customers. Also, the really high costs per litre of fuel kept me away from them.

This apart, i just hope the A1 plazas arent doomed to the same fate. I would seriously miss them.
Old 26th March 2008, 11:03   #26
Senior - BHPian

Reliance petrol pumps have been closed down in many places for upto 1 year now. Even die-hard fanks like me have stopped going there because the price differentyial is very high. It is mostly the company-owned pumps which were working, the dealers have all shut down long ago.
Old 26th March 2008, 12:16   #27
Senior - BHPian

Problem is that the price difference is way too high. Let me give you an example, here in Moradabad a PSU petrol pump sells petrol at 48.xx while the Reliance outlet sells it at 62.xx. How many of you would still buy from Reliance? I wouldn't.
Old 26th March 2008, 12:24   #28
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sushrutha View Post
Rs48/lit ???
What fuel is that ?
diesel @shell, bangalore
Old 26th March 2008, 12:32   #29
Senior - BHPian

OT: Have the fuel price increased recently?? I used to fill Petrol at Rs 46.70 per litre at HP Sai Expressway pump near the Pune-Mumbai Expressway entrance. Today it was Rs 49 !!
Old 26th March 2008, 12:32   #30
BANNED

There were instances of erratic measures taken while fuelling at Reliance pumps. Our very own Steeroid also had a bad experience with the diesel quality in one of their pumps. So, I won't just blindly believe their fuel quality and service was the best. There were a lot of shortcomings. If that was not the case, the 3-5 Rs difference could've been ignored.

And sorry Ajay99. I have to completely disagree to your view. Before reliance retails started their operations, it was difficult to expect some friendly service from local fish market/veg market etc... Not the case now.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks