Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th April 2008, 11:27   #31
BHPian

Why don't you guys have a race ? Something like TG. You guys can split 2 Teams of 2 anchors. One pair takes a train and the other pair drives down. You know, a drive from Bombay to Delhi or something similar. That should be fun.
Old 6th April 2008, 21:10   #32
Team-BHP Support

I waited and waited for the show to start, even set a reminder on the TV but it never came at 8:30pm. When can i see it next? :-(
Old 6th April 2008, 21:27   #33
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vid6639 View Post
I waited and waited for the show to start, even set a reminder on the TV but it never came at 8:30pm. When can i see it next? :-(
+1

I think the repeat telecast timings for sunday were posted wrong.
When can we view it again? If there is no other telecast can you upload it on youtube?
Old 6th April 2008, 21:39   #34
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil View Post
+1

When can we view it again? If there is no other telecast can you upload it on Youtube?

Or sign something with Rajshri.com - they already host a huge range of Indian tv shows and movies including NDTV's car and bike show legally.
Old 6th April 2008, 23:52   #35
Senior - BHPian

Guess what?
I caught the show at 12.30PM which was NOT posted here.
Old 7th April 2008, 00:49   #36
BHPian

I too saw the show at 1230 hours.

Congratulations to Team Overdrive on a show well done. I hope that the show touches new heights in Indian Auto Journalism.

OT: Shreen Bhaan is HOT
Old 7th April 2008, 10:12   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by vid6639 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil View Post
+1

When can we view it again? If there is no other telecast can you upload it on Youtube?
Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrous View Post
Guess what?
I caught the show at 12.30PM which was NOT posted here.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SumitB View Post
I too saw the show at 1230 hours.
Hello all,

Sorry for the mix up in the timings, looks like the show goes on air four times a week now- instead of three.

So, now the schedule stands at:

Tuesday- 6.30 PM
Saturday- 1.00 PM and 8.30 PM
Sunday- 12.30 PM

For all those who couldn't catch it, we'll try to procure a copy and put it up on youtube/ torrents or something.

Keep the thoughts and suggestions coming.

Regards,

Team OD.
Old 7th April 2008, 23:31   #38
Senior - BHPian

Please do put the episode in the Youtube for the souls who have missed the show.
Regards,
Kaushik
Old 8th April 2008, 00:26   #39
IMP
BHPian

Welcome aboard Team_OD,
I haven't seen the show yet, but first of all congratulations on your new show.
It's commendable that you are taking online forums like this seriously, and understand that you could get some credible feedback over here, again this shows that you are seriously looking to reach the benchmarks you have set (i.e TG and 5G) well, best of luck!
  • Yes, don't ape anyone, just be original.
  • Remember that you broadcast on a business news channel, so the bottom half of the screen is filled with news and stock tickers, so try to use whatever the screen space you get to the fullest (i hated the auto show for that, they liked to show captions above the tickers for the entire length of the show, so they would effectively hide 60% of the screen)
Regards
IMP.
Old 8th April 2008, 01:30   #40
Senior - BHPian

Thanks Team-OD. It would be great if you can put the episode in You Tube.

I will be catching the show either on Saturday or Sunday.

All the Best!!
Old 8th April 2008, 11:12   #41
Team-BHP Support

I have set reminders to watch/catch the show at any of the times which were mentioned. Now to see how successful i am at it.

Good initiative, this.
Old 8th April 2008, 12:12   #42
BHPian

To give a frank opinion here - I did not like the show much - in the manner it was presented .It was kind of boring did not have that zeal that the previous autocar show had .
But again this is my opinion .Maybe with time and experience it would turn out better .
I will keep watching though.
Old 8th April 2008, 13:32   #43
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamojoym View Post
To give a frank opinion here - I did not like the show much - in the manner it was presented .It was kind of boring did not have that zeal that the previous autocar show had .
But again this is my opinion .Maybe with time and experience it would turn out better .
I will keep watching though.
same here. may be i watched the earlier one too much.
Old 8th April 2008, 15:56   #44
BHPian

Just my humble thoughts:

01. The anchor has no clue about cars (Shireen or something)

02. The anchor should be provided with a comfortable chair next time. Those high heels are not meant for scratching.

03. The 4 journalists (hope I got the number correct) who test drove various cars, lack track skills. Cornering isn't their cup of tea. They were struggling to maintain the racing line.

04. The show needs a professional race driver (we have plenty), who could come out with some decent lap times.

05. The entire lap for every single car should be shown, so that we could see how each car behaves around the same corners.

06. While covering the cars on track, the camera focus was heavily biased towards the cars. This made it hard to figure out the circuit.

07. I've always found the "what car/bike to buy" section very dumb. Team-bhp hai na? Not to mention the various auto magazines.

However the show is a different approach to the conventional auto shows on Indian TV. Let us see how they proceed in the future. It is too early to rate I guess.
Old 8th April 2008, 17:13   #45
Senior - BHPian

Thank you,Sushanth. I didn't do a report since people would think Im biased or hate OD.

Copying Top Gear is not a bad thing at all. But, doing it in a very bad way is bad.
This show looked like wannabe Top Gear with three guys trying to imitate Clarkson,Hammond and May.
These guys need atleast a hundred hours on circuit driving. I thought Auto Journos could drive really well until I saw the show.

I'll anyways,as an enthusiast, give the benefit of doubt and chance to better themselves.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks