Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd December 2012, 23:21   #31
Team-BHP Support

Re: Famous Automotive Quotes & One-Liners

WRC is for boys. Group B is for men!

It seems like the people behind the Porsche 997 GT2 were locked up in solitary confinement while engineering it, with nothing for entertainment except a scratchy copy of Motorhead's 'Overkill'.

Happiness is not around the corner. It is the corner.

Old 24th December 2012, 14:05   #32
BHPian

And if you no longer go for a gap that exists, you are no longer a racing driver - Ayrton Senna
Old 24th December 2012, 14:19   #33
Senior - BHPian

One of the best and most sensible line is the one from Mercedes Benz
"there is no finish line for perfection"

Other one-liner
"finishing second makes you the first of all losers"
Unmistakably by Ron Dennis

My All time favorite liner from Ron Dennis is

describing Fernando Alonso's contribution to the McLaren team's development, said his experience and ability "[prevented] an F1 team from going down [time wasting] technical cul-de-sacs - and as a result, car-developmental progress becomes more linear."
Old 25th December 2012, 22:56   #34

life's like a race track, you gotto keep going round & round. Sure, sometimes you crash & burn, but if you don't make the turn you ain't never gonna learn. So grip the wheel tighter, check your gauges & make your move.
Old 26th December 2012, 11:08   #35

here's another one:
automatic transmissions are only good for bad drivers with beautiful girlfriends.
Old 26th December 2012, 11:59   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post

Aerodynamics are for those who cant build engines - Enzo Ferrari
Everything was right about this until a last couple/ three seasons in F1 , if Alive maybe Enzo would have had to bite his own hat with the way the red bulls are performing!

Some very nice quotes, one from Mercedes as well during the older F1 seasons,

"The race to perfection has no finish line "
Old 26th December 2012, 15:17   #37
BHPian

Post deleted by the Team-BHP Support : Please do NOT post one-liners that add little or no informational value to the thread. We need your co-operation to maintain the overall quality of this forum.

Please read our rules before proceeding any further.

Last edited by GTO : 26th December 2012 at 16:27.
shiju.dba is offline   Received Infraction
Old 1st January 2013, 18:20   #38
Team-BHP Support

When One Door Closes, Another One Opens. And That's When You Realize That You Have Bought A Really Bad Second Hand Car!
Old 30th October 2014, 00:29   #39
BHPian

I liked this thread.

Relighting this after more than a year. Hoping this thread remains lit for some more time. May be we could add our own creations. I have seen awesome one liners as signatures of few members. They are so cool.

Read this today and loved this quote -

"Money may not buy happiness, but I'd rather cry in a Jaguar than on a bus.”
― Françoise Sagan
Old 22nd March 2015, 20:00   #40
Senior - BHPian

I've always loved reading Clarkson's column in the Sunday Times, Driving page. I'm sure many of you are there for the same reason as me and let's be honest - we aren't there to read up on the latest Porsche or the Twingo. We (or at least myself ) are there to savour his automotive poetry. I always look out for those little snippets in his column that are well worth a share under double quotes.

So here am I on this thread intent on sharing each of those quotes of Mr. Clarkson a.k.a Jezza that I really enjoyed. I intend to update them as and when I find more. Feel free to contribute. I reckon this thread is a little homage to the wit and humour of Mr. Clarkson, especially during these trying times for him at Top Gear.

Famous Automotive Quotes & One-Liners-357clarkson.jpg

P.S. I still believe the sacking of Clarkson by the BBC is a huge PR stunt to garner universal appeal. This is just my thought so take it with a bucket load of salt!

Mods: Please delete this thread if inappropriate. Thanks.

Here we go:

Quote:
I have an Apple iPhone and I’m well aware that it is riddled with faults. The   map feature doesn’t work, the battery life is woeful, its camera is up there in quality with a Zenit SLR from 1973 and the screen smashes whenever there’s a light breeze. And I can’t update to the latest model because experts tell me it’s all bendy.
Source: Sunday Times Driving

Quote:
I recently bought a new laptop and loading it with all my data was a nightmare simply and only because of Apple, which wanted my password seven times before announcing that I’d entered it all wrong and that I’d have to come up with a new one that must feature a capital letter, a number, a cave drawing, a fully working model of the Tirpitz and three letters from my mother’s middle name.
Source: Sunday Times Driving

Quote:
I could tell you that if you buy the Ford you get free myrrh for life and an evening out with the dealer’s extremely accommodating young wife
Source: http://www.driving.co.uk/car-reviews...titanium-2015/

Quote:
Working for Ford must be a bit like being Jeffrey Archer. You slave for years and years on a project, and you’re proud of it, and it’s very good, but when it emerges into the marketplace, everyone says, “Yes. But you’re Jeffrey Archer.” Or working in public relations for Blackpool Pleasure Beach. “Yes, very nice. But it’s not Disney World, is it?”

Quote:
So a £20,000 Ford came with absolutely everything as standard. I remember once driving a Ford Granada estate and it was kitted out with electric seats, an electric sunroof, air-conditioning and a million other things that would have made a BMW cost more than a house on Venice Beach.

This trinketry was a bit like filling an average book with a sex scene every few pages. You get a couple of pudendas here and some buttocks like ostrich eggs there, and pretty soon people begin to forget that the plot’s a bit shaky and the characters aren’t fully formed. Except, you know, down there.

While reviewing the Mondeo...

Quote:
Frankly it wouldn’t matter if it had the engine from a cement mixer and suspension made from scaffolding: £22,245 for a car this size and this well equipped is crazily low. It is the McMeal of motoring.

Last edited by ampere : 30th October 2019 at 07:15. Reason: Merging back to back posts; 2 smilies per post
Old 1st August 2015, 14:04   #41
BHPian

Got this as a WhatsApp message -

'Red bull gives you wings; but vodka gives you 4x4'
Old 28th September 2016, 11:26   #42
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Read on thetruthaboutcars.com

Quote:
Jurgen Schrempp makes Jac Nasser look like Jack Welch

Sorry, but you need to know a little about the Daimler-Chrysler merger / takeover fiasco to get it. But if you do, it is ROTFLMAO hilarious.
Old 29th October 2019, 19:06   #43
Senior - BHPian

Reviving an old thread:

“A business absolutely devoted to service will have only one worry about profits. They will be embarrassingly large,” Henry Ford, founder of Ford Motor Corporation once said.
As it turns out, any business which has tried to follow this principle has been a success to some extent.

On personal note, I will reserve my comments on how, barring two, Indian auto manufacturers believe in this.

Regards-Sonu
Old 1st March 2020, 14:50   #44
BHPian

Found this one:

“Undertakers love overtakers”- Rotary club of freeport

Famous Automotive Quotes & One-Liners-813773247d2c462fb0b2787385b1aa84.jpeg

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks