Team-BHP - Famous Automotive Quotes & One-Liners
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Shifting gears (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifting-gears/)
-   -   Famous Automotive Quotes & One-Liners (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifting-gears/38484-famous-automotive-quotes-one-liners.html)

Anybody going slower than you is an idiot, and anyone going faster than you is a maniac....

---George Carlin-comedian

It takes about 8,460 bolts to assemble an automobile, and one NUT to scatter it all over the road..

---Anonymous

If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.
-Mario Andretti

Any man who can drive safely while kissing a pretty girl is simply not giving the kiss the attention it deserves.
----Albert Einstein.

If you don't drink, smoke, or drive a car, you're a big time tax evader.
----Thomas S. Foley

Drive safe! It's not just cars that can be recalled by it's maker.

It's not how you push her on the straights, but how you lick her on the curves. :D

When everything is coming against you, definitely you're on the wrong lane.

I might be paraphrasing :

"We sell the engines, the body comes for free." - Enzo Ferrari

"The perfect race car crosses the finish line in first place and then falls to pieces." - Ferdinand Porsche

cya
R

The best car safety device is a rear-view mirror with a cop in it.
--------- Dudley Moore

Drive-in banks were established so most of the cars today could see their real owners.

I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I just squandered.

I know a lot about cars. I can look at a car's headlights and tell you exactly which way it's coming.
-------Mitch Hedberg

Superb thread, SirAlec!

You can have it (Model T) in any colour you want, as long as its black - Henry Ford

There are two things no man will admit he cannot do well....drive and make love - Stirling Moss

Aerodynamics are for those who cant build engines - Enzo Ferrari

Success is 99 percent failure - Soichiro Honda

If you wait, all that happens is that you get older - Mario Andretti

Awesome thread SirAlec! I am putting this on my favorites list right away.

Come on guys, bring them on!

I remember one of our mods carrying this..

What separates men from boys, is the speed of their toys.

Think it was mPower.

And one more, taken from a rally gypsy at the Raid a couple years back..

Every Sport Needs One Ball, You Need Two to Race..

Quote:

Originally Posted by GTO (Post 799071)
Superb thread, SirAlec!

Thanks man!!

here few from our very own hardworking BRO guys!!

Don't gossip let him drive!

Darling I like you, but not so fast

Check out my signature, not sure who said it.

The guy who invented the first wheel was an idiot.
The guy who invented the other three, he was a genius.

Quote:

Originally Posted by SirAlec (Post 799287)
Don't gossip let him drive!

Darling I like you, but not so fast

Lol. I hope this doesnt turn into a crazy roadsigns thread, howver, i did see a funny quote on the kodaikanal ghats.

"Danger : Very deep valley!" :D

cya
R

A tree never hits an automobile except in self defense. ~American Proverb

When buying a used car, punch the buttons on the radio. If all the stations are rock and roll, there's a good chance the transmission is shot. ~Larry Lujack

I hooked up my accelerator pedal in my car to my brake lights. I hit the gas, people behind me stop, and I'm gone. ~Steven Wright

The shortest distance between two points is under construction. ~Noelie Altito

Each year it seems to take less time to fly across the ocean and longer to drive to work. ~Author Unknown

Everything in life is somewhere else, and you get there in a car. ~E.B. White, One Man's Meat, 1943

Two wrongs don't make a right, but three lefts do. ~Jason Love

Walking isn't a lost art - one must, by some means, get to the garage. ~Evan Esar

On the other hand, the Bible contains much that is relevant today, like Noah taking 40 days to find a place to park. ~Curtis McDougall

Hows this : If it ain't rear-wheel drive, its probably not worth driving either! - A certain Mr. Parekh.

Used to be my signature once.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rehaan (Post 799428)
Lol. I hope this doesnt turn into a crazy roadsigns thread, howver, i did see a funny quote on the kodaikanal ghats.

"Danger : Very deep valley!" :D

cya
R

And I remember a pretty philosophical one that went "Why is hurry?"

And a quote-" Those in favour of saving petrol, lift your right foot"

When a Bugatti owner complained to old man Ettore on the appaling brakes in the car, he simply replied "My cars are made to go, not stop!"

When asked about his competitor, W O Bentley, he commented "He makes the fastest trucks I know of", refferring to the massive monsters that W O was churning out at the time.

Here are some more..

Never have more children than you have car windows.
~ Erma Bombeck

If you think Abraham Lincoln became famous for inventing the Town Car, it is time to spend a few hours on history.
~ Bo Bennett

If the automobile had followed the same development as the computer/software, a Rolls-Royce would today cost $100, get a million miles per gallon, and explode once in a while killing everyone inside.
~ Robert Cringely

Marriage, It's like driving a car at night. You never see further than your headlights, but you can make the whole trip that way. ~ E. L. Doctorow

And last but not the least..........

Giving money and power to today's neta is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys.

A 1000 Pound ECU will protect a 20 Pence fuse by burning first.
-----Lucas