Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th April 2008, 12:25   #16
Senior - BHPian

good god. I thought mine was a rare case. This looks like a proper lack of process and negligence in customer care from Reliance..
can we have a poll here??
Old 19th April 2008, 13:59   #17
BHPian

Hi guys,

I have escalated the matter to the senior customer care guys and the nodal officer of Pune. I got a call few hours back from the Service Assurance guys. And this was the first time, I actually spoke to a decent guy from Reliance.

He has taken down my complaint in detail. On informing him that I will probably be contacting the local media guys about it (which I actually am), he has promised to get back to me in a couple of hours. No news from the Nodal Officer yet. I am waiting till Monday before getting in touch with the newspaper guys! Let's see how it goes.
Old 19th April 2008, 14:10   #18
Senior - BHPian

FATAL3RROR,
Since you plan to escalate. Do collect the evidence. Else we dont know whether they might wise / alter the records.(i understand this is am allegation, but after knowing about a cheating a case the company is not showing any signs of action against the dealer. So be in a safer position) If you need any police complaint to get the copies of the records do take with help of any consumer organisation. And do it fast.

raj.
Old 19th April 2008, 14:36   #19
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid View Post
If you went for a Reliance connection, why were you expecting ethical treatment to start with?
Well if you want ethical treatment, there is no operator which does so.
Even Airtel etc., have their horror stories. I am a airtel to reliance switcher, and have been much more happy with reliance than airtel mobile
Old 19th April 2008, 14:45   #20
kph
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
I am a airtel to reliance switcher
A very rare case scenario... You take risks...
Old 19th April 2008, 16:44   #21
rkg
Senior - BHPian

Thumb Rule : PSU service providers are far far better than Great Indian Private sector service providers.

Airtel is no saint. equally unethical.

they activate new connection/service, two/three days later but bill you from first day when your phone is not even working or when you have not even used the service like STD

they wont give a receipt when accepting cash unless you make it an issue

they will not send you bills even if you have opted for it.

we have good service form reliance with respect to our FWP. but my sisters are facing problems with RIM. they simply deduct some amount from prepaid a/c stating customer has used reliance web world. when asked for proof when it was used they say it can not be shared with customer. complaints in this regard have yielded no results so far even after six months. they are simply silent.

BSNL is BEST .i have used their land line for 5 years and now mobile since few years. no problems at all. they have rules. once you lodge a complaint and if it not solved in 24 hours, we can approach next higher officers whose numbers are given in directory.

with these private guys we never now with whom we are dealing with. and customer is never given a list officer to be approached in cases like this

Last edited by rkg : 19th April 2008 at 16:46.
Old 19th April 2008, 16:49   #22
rkg
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dockap View Post
so he mailed ambani directly just for the heck of it
can you please PM me the email id if it is possible
Old 19th April 2008, 16:53   #23
Senior - BHPian

yup, with a PSU, RTI is a very potent threat, and the people you talk to are very real. With Pvt operators , you get to talk to some apologetic PYT , whi really cant do anything , and will refer you to some tech support number , each of which will claim to have fixed it, but nothing really happens. Even if you escalate , they fudge the data :| , and you end up at the short end of the stick

TSK, I'm surprised. I've got a friend who's a Reliance to Airtel convert. partly due to customer service , and partly due to their network. Me , I'm a happy air tel customer.

Last edited by greenhorn : 19th April 2008 at 16:56.
Old 19th April 2008, 17:21   #24
BHPian

Fatal - I also had such experiences from Reliance and Airtel. Since you have escalated the issue and waiting for action, I hope some thing might work. Else I have a serious advice (guys pardon me) - throw the phone to the webworld's glassdoor and break it. And it is not you since there's a complaint is already regd that you have lost the phone. Are these guys real mafia or what? See how things turned in couple of hours.
Old 19th April 2008, 17:26   #25
BHPian

Go to the Consumer forum buddy. I hope the lawyers here would be willing to help. If you need some testimony we are all here.... OT: Can you receive calls???
Old 19th April 2008, 18:13   #26
Senior - BHPian

RELIANCE SERVICE SUCKS - PERIOD !!

I have nothing else to say !!

PS - I have 9 Reliance connections ( Home & Official ). You hate it but somehow you stick to it. Wonders of Reliance.
Old 19th April 2008, 20:19   #27
BHPian

strange. 2 days back i was in webworld in ringroad ,bangalore to pay my wimax bill. i saw a guy who had been there for getting copies of previous bills. they were not ready to give it to him saying printer is not working.
he argued with them for 3-5 minutes and left. then i paid my bill and they printed my receipt. i was wondering then why they told them the printer isnt working
Old 20th April 2008, 08:16   #28
BHPian

They were saving paper.
Old 20th April 2008, 12:05   #29
Senior - BHPian

Despite submitting all my documents, I still have my name incorrectly mentioned in their records. When ever I have tried to correct it by going to the web world, I have been shown the door and told that I have to go to the web world where I submitted the documents originally! I had submitted them at Chembur where my office was earlier and I live at Dahisar. Am I mad to go to Chembur just to submit my documents?
Old 20th April 2008, 18:06   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
Even Airtel etc., have their horror stories. I am a airtel to reliance switcher, and have been much more happy with reliance than airtel mobile
I agree here.I had airtel and their gprs on post paid and had horrible experience with them about overchraging and hiding few things.Then i switched to Hutch and was quite happier till about one yr back now again i am having few problems.

Much cursed bsnl is the best in this regard and these guys dont hide anything.Everything about call rate,sms packages,various other schemes is so transparent.My wife uses bsnl and i am going to have bsnl as well for my 2nd phone.Only issue is quality which i feel is about 70-80% of Hutch/airtel.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks