Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th April 2008, 04:08   #1
BHPian

Unehtical Behaviour By Reliance Webworld Express

Hello guys,

There have been a series of incidents over this afternoon which has left a very sour aftertaste regarding the Reliance Webworld Express (Koregaon Park, Pune) and Reliance Customer Care.

Requiring a copy of some of my telephone bills for some urgent purpose, I visited the Reliance Webworld Express in Koregaon Park, Pune. After waiting for more than half an hour and listening to excuses like "The server is down.", when finally I pressed for early execution of work, I was told that it is not affordable for them to print bills and give to customers. When they kept on insisting that they will mail it to me, I finally relented and asked them to mail it immediately, so I can check it on my phone. Then, their excuse was that they will mail it after one hour without giving any reasons for the delay. At this point, the owner also got involved and his behaviour was very rude. Not wanting to do anything with them any longer, I walked out of the place and placed a complaint (Number 67237486) with Reliance Customer Care.

After around an hour, while trying to make a call, I realize that my calls are barred. I cannot even get through to Customer Care using *222. So I call them up from a landline and tell them that I can't make any calls. They tell me that I had lodged a complaint saying that I have lost my phone. On enquiring further, they tell me that someone had called as my wife (I am single for your information), and informed them that I have lost my phone. (Is all the verification information available to the Customer Care available to the Webworld Employees as well?). The customer care executives said they couldn't revive my phone services and I will have to go to the Webworld to get it done. On prying further, I was told that the call had come from 020-32500792. So I asked them to update my previous complaint with this event as well. The customer service executive is not willing to check up the owner of this landline number and lodge a complaint against him.

I call up the landline number above and act as a customer. So they inform me that this number is at Reliance Webworld Express, Koregaon Park. When I asked them about the lost phone complaint lodged from this number, they act innocent obviously.

I am furious right now and I don't have words for the dealer. What is the best path to take to teach him a good lesson for this kind of behaviour??!
Old 19th April 2008, 05:18   #2
SLK
Senior - BHPian

No use!...

I seriously wonder how they recruit!... selected type of people only!

One of my colleagues has an FIR filed against them.. doesn't help.
Old 19th April 2008, 06:22   #3
BHPian

My advice: Instead of getting your BP raised by idiotic services like these, switch to better ones.

Ex.: From Reliance (phone) to Vodafone/Airtel
From BSNL (broadband) to Airtel.
Old 19th April 2008, 06:58   #4
BHPian

my friend had a problem with reliance web world they refused to supply him with a charger for his reliance mobile so he mailed ambani directly just for the heck of it and to his surprise the next day he gets several frantic phone calls from the web world and reliance people saying sorry and also a brand new charger
Old 19th April 2008, 07:17   #5
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dockap View Post
my friend had a problem with reliance web world they refused to supply him with a charger for his reliance mobile so he mailed ambani directly just for the heck of it and to his surprise the next day he gets several frantic phone calls from the web world and reliance people saying sorry and also a brand new charger
Can you get the email of the Ambani and PM it to FATAL3RROR. Also check with the moderators whether you can post the email address here.

raj.
Old 19th April 2008, 08:02   #6
Senior - BHPian

No hope wit reliance, i suffered with them(Wimax).....go for Airtel better !
Old 19th April 2008, 08:06   #7
Ram
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by FATAL3RROR View Post
...On prying further, I was told that the call had come from 020-32500792. So I asked them to update my previous complaint with this event as well.

The customer service executive is not willing to check up the owner of this landline number and lodge a complaint against him.

I call up the landline number above and act as a customer. So they inform me that this number is at Reliance Webworld Express, Koregaon Park. When I asked them about the lost phone complaint lodged from this number, they act innocent obviously.

I am furious right now and I don't have words for the dealer.

What is the best path to take to teach him a good lesson for this kind of behaviour??!
Our legal friends may be able to advise more precisely, but I would think you should get hardcopy printed data and lodge a police complaint about the harassment.

Also lodge a complaint with Reliance HQ about the anti-customer behavior of this franchisee and his employees.
Old 19th April 2008, 08:21   #8
Senior - BHPian

it looks like there is bad taste of reliance all over t-bhp. I had a similar experience and stopped using all reliance products. I just buy their shares. I had switched to airtel after reliance and then no looking back. even reliancefresh is crappy. changed to choupal (ITC) and i am satisfied. It will be such an idiotic thing for ambani to take care of individual customer complaints. let him define the process first....till that time stay away from Reliance communication..
Old 19th April 2008, 08:32   #9
BHPian

For more accounts of sufferings of Reliance (Wimax) customers, check out WiMAX in Bangalore | Vinod Live! and the comments there in.
Old 19th April 2008, 08:51   #10
kph
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by FATAL3RROR View Post
I don't have words for the dealer. What is the best path to take to teach him a good lesson for this kind of behaviour??!
It's all part of their culture that comes from above.
What you went through is pure harassment.
Anyway make sure you do write this experience in mouthshut.com which will be helpful for others to stay away from such people.
Escalate to the highest possible level and complain about that webworld.
You are not going to lose much time and effort doing this.
If you intent compensation and take it further, file a police complaint against the webworld owner. You have solid data available with you for all what happened.
Old 19th April 2008, 09:43   #11
Team-BHP Support

If you know any cops who could help you out just go to the nearest police station and get a cop to come along with you.

For the future just file a complaint in the consumer forum. Don't leave this matter. I too have faced this attitude at Webworld and luckily for me when I raised my voice every customer at the webworld ganged up on teh staff and they were helpless.
Old 19th April 2008, 09:46   #12
Senior - BHPian

Someone dearly wants to be your wife buddie.Why dont you check for yourself who the owner of that number is.This kind of behavior was reported before also and this is a classic example of how technology can be a hindrance.
ram
Old 19th April 2008, 11:03   #13
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srikat View Post
My advice: Instead of getting your BP raised by idiotic services like these, switch to better ones.
I second this.

Switch before your "wife" lodging a rape charge against you.
Old 19th April 2008, 12:09   #14
BANNED

Reliance, OMG!!! Never again.

Here is why.

I used to have a reliance data connection over their WLL / land phone type phones. That was when I was living at a distant town, near Trichur. Once wife and me were transferred back to Cochin, I decided to surrender the phone. The problem - we were working at still remoter places, and had to leave the town before 9 and would be back only by 7. And the webworld or whatever they call them in small towns would not be open by 9 AM and be closed before we reach back. So we call the webworld, and ask them if we can surrender the phone at Ernakulam. They said they can.

So I surrender the phone, get a refund (of the deposit - actually adjusted against couple of months rent and pay the balance) take their "received the handset in good condition" certificate and file it. I have given them my address at Ernakulam - which happens to be my permanent address.

Couple of months later, I pass through this town, and a neighbour says that the recovery agents had come. I leave the matter that, because I was advised by a third party that since I have dues, simply retaining the handset and leaving the place would be the easiest option, since nobody would try to trace me out here in Ernakulam. But that option was unethical for me.

Couple of months back, reliance has laid down fiber optic cables here, and are asking me if I want a "free" land line. My earlier experience is still fresh in my mind. I decline, and the sales guy feigns surprise.

And I stay away from reliance shares too, for their "rob the customer" nature.
Old 19th April 2008, 12:21   #15
Senior - BHPian

If you went for a Reliance connection, why were you expecting ethical treatment to start with?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks