Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th April 2009, 16:04   #46
BHPian

I recharge online with credit card, no prob till now
Old 8th April 2009, 18:08   #47
Senior - BHPian

I have added packs twice and man is it fast. By the time the payment page gets refreshed the channel is already unlocked
Old 8th April 2009, 18:30   #48
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I have added packs twice and man is it fast. By the time the payment page gets refreshed the channel is already unlocked
Yup, even i was surprised with that. I got the NEO sports channels unlocked within no time.

Shan2nu
Old 7th May 2009, 11:12   #49
Senior - BHPian

New set of problem with Tata Sky

BACKGROUND
Quote:
Originally Posted by nishantgandhi View Post
So I recently shifted my house within Mumbai. I did not know that the new place already had a Tata Sky connection. The previous owner had to leave the cabling and mini-dish (which is Tata Sky's rule for relocation).

I moved in with my STB (including the digicard), plugged it in and it is working as it is supposed to!

So I canceled my request for relocation and instead, just filed a request to change my address.

Now today, I get a call from Tata Sky B'lore landline number saying that I will be charged Rs 350. As per some stupid policy of theirs, address change qualifies as relocation, irrespective of whether a Tata Sky exists at the new address of not.

The minimum they charge for relocation or change of address is Rs 350 so by some un-explained rule, I am supposed to pay that.

The as-usual-rude-and-blocked-mind tele-executive could not understand my case and insisted on sending an engineer at my new house to 'test if everything is working fine'. She also 'threatened' that if I refuse to pay Rs 350 for change of address, I will be blocked from all future technical support.

What is my remedy in this case?
Quote:
I did request for a technical support to ensure that everything is working properly. I checked the signal strength and it was below par. So I asked their technician to come over.

Usually, service calls are free. But since in my case, I had already lodged (and subsequently cancelled) a request for re-installation, I think they got cheesed off and wanted to charge me for technical visit also.

UPDATE - Just got a call from them again. The previous owner had requested for transfer of ownership along with the full kit, so they presumed he had taken away the cabling, LNB and mini-dish. Hence they wanted to charge me for re-install.

After a bit of argument, I was told that under Tata Sky service contract, taking away 'their' equipment to another address and not applying for re-install amounts to 'PIRACY'

So I have been warned not to repeat this 'mistake' again!

What I dont understand is that havent I left back my cabling, LNB and mini-dish at my previous place? Was I given any compensation for that? Did I not pay the full price for that also?
My problem with Tata Sky got solved as they *reluctantly* agreed to waive off Rs 350 (the female sounded as if she is doing a big favor on me!).

However, I ran into a new problem today.

I wish to move my television WITHIN the same room but found that the cable is only 9-10 mtrs long. As per the Standard Installation contract, I was entitled to 15 mtrs of cabling.

I called the Customer Care for additional 5 mtrs of cabling. However, the executive is telling me that this will be treated as a case of "Relocation within the Same Premises" and I will be charged Rs 350 + Cost of cabling @ Rs 10 per mtr.

I want to understand why does Tata Sky want to charge me for something that I was originally entitled to?

I am still willing to pay for 5 mtrs cabling but in no way should I be asked to pay Rs 350 as relocation expenses.

My other option is to get the entire 15 mtr cabling that I left behind in my old house and do the connection myself.

Has anybody else faced the same thing? What can be the solution?
Old 7th May 2009, 12:57   #50
Senior - BHPian

Is there any alternatives to TATA Sky? i mean better once
Old 7th May 2009, 14:47   #51
BHPian

Quote:
My other option is to get the entire 15 mtr cabling that I left behind in my old house and do the connection myself.

Has anybody else faced the same thing? What can be the solution?
Better to do the cabling yourself. You can get the connectors attached at any electric store if they are not attached to your cable at the old house.
Old 7th May 2009, 15:22   #52
BANNED

I have been quite happy with them. I use a credit card to recharge well in time. No problems here. Last year I did the annual recharge. A fortnight later ESPN etc. went extra charge. Asked them to add. Go an sms saying the plan stays for a year and I need not pay extra.

Also, a couple of months ago I had the STB power supply go bad. Called service. They said 2 days but got a call within 30 minutes. In less than an hour the fellow as there with a new power supply unit. Charge : Standard Rs.350 (the same charge covers everything).

As for bank transfers being slow. In April I tried transferring some money from StanChart Kanpur to ICICI Manipal. Took three days! (ICICI claim all their staff is being poached and they are short handed). Later did a couple of transfers on 1 April (both over 1L this time). Was done by the same evening. I hear that RBI allows uo to 3 days for transfers under 1L, while 1L or more has to be done within hours.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks