Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th May 2008, 16:43   #1
ECM
BHPian

Naam bade aur darshan chhote- Tata Sky

On the day of my a.c expiry I tried to recharge my a.c by using netbanking facility (which I always does),to my upmost surprise when I first transfered money to t.s a.c I found that amount was debited from my bank a.c but never credited to t.s,well because of summer vacation kids were not in a mood to miss any cartoon shows hence I again tried to recharge my a.c and again amount debited from my a.c and did not credit at opposite end!!!
Then I called their helpline no. and one lady picked up the phone,her name was Nayan and she asked for a copy of my bank a.c statement(!!!),I got wild and told her that being a private matter there is a 0 possibility to provide them a copy of bank a.c,she was helpless and matter ended on that point.
Next day I got a call from B'lore and a guy told me that I shall get my money back in next 96 hrs(In the era of net banking they are taking 96 hrs to refund money to their clients).He also promised me that he will see that my service will not stop and will continue till I get refund but it was not the case and they stopped service on the same night.
Just 30 mins back I again got a call from same B'lore phone and this time there was a lady on the line,She told me that it will take full 7 days for them to remitt my money back.I clearly told her that in that case I shall approach consumer protection court.
Just while I am writing this post,I came to know that money has been credited in my a/c!!
I wish other dth players soon enter this market for our benifits to end the monopoly of such players.Thanks.
Old 10th May 2008, 16:56   #2
Senior - BHPian

Why don't those fools just restart your service with a minor apologies instead of losing a customer?
Old 10th May 2008, 18:01   #3
ECM
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman View Post
Why don't those fools just restart your service with a minor apologies instead of losing a customer?
I already have Dish TV at my home but its in bedroom but from now on I may never renew my a.c with those who ask for a bank statement of mine,belive it or not they knew the exact amount which I transfered to them but as per their record it was not credited(?),my banker says that all bills which we pay mobiles,dth etc.. go threw one special website and this site remitts money to the concern party,my question is why they delayed in sending my money back to my a/c when my bank sent them an official request(I have a copy of the mail) twice,it only came after I told them that I left with fewer choice to get my money back.
Dish TV is quite flexible as far as my experence goes in compare to TS.Sad part is Tataz are so great and I feel sad to note that TS is poluting great name/image of Tataz by such steps.Hope they will be careful with others though I had inuf from them and will shy away fm their services.

Last edited by ECM : 10th May 2008 at 18:02.
Old 10th May 2008, 18:23   #4
Team-BHP Support

Guys, I am in no way promoting it with any commercial interest but anyone planning to go in for a DTH connection should hold on for a while if possible.

Airtel is coming out with its DTH services very soon and their package and service should be worth the wait. I am waiting !!!
Old 10th May 2008, 18:26   #5
ECM
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
Guys, I am in no way promoting it with any commercial interest but anyone planning to go in for a DTH connection should hold on for a while if possible.

Airtel is coming out with its DTH services very soon and their package and service should be worth the wait. I am waiting !!!
Neither I as well,well said Eddy.I just compared two services and my past experences only.Better wait and watch,thx for your inputs.
Old 10th May 2008, 18:55   #6
GTO
Team-BHP Support

I have never been a fan of electronic debits straight from the bank account. Best is to pay Tata Sky online and via credit card. I have been doing this since a year with zero issues.
Old 10th May 2008, 19:29   #7
BHPian

Tata Sky also seems to be the most expensive vis-a-vis Dish TV.However I have never faced problems while recharging through a credit card.
Old 10th May 2008, 20:26   #8
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
I have never been a fan of electronic debits straight from the bank account. Best is to pay Tata Sky online and via credit card. I have been doing this since a year with zero issues.
Absolutely! Its the same with me. Unless a vendor does not accept the credit card at all, I never ever pay through my bank account. Have been using Tata Sky now for more than 1.5 years, no problems whatsoever.
Old 10th May 2008, 20:27   #9
Senior - BHPian

Even reliance is coming up with one.
Old 10th May 2008, 22:52   #10
Senior - BHPian

Oops, that was a bad experience!

So far I too paid my T Sky subscription via Netbanking but after seeing this incident, will stop doing so & use my Credit Card instead.

Overall, I am very happy with the T Sky service!
Old 11th May 2008, 00:08   #11
Senior - BHPian

It happend in TAT-VSNL.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ECM View Post
On the day of my a.c expiry I tried to recharge my a.c by using netbanking facility (which I always does),to my upmost surprise when I first transfered money to t.s a.c I found that amount was debited from my bank a.c but never credited to t.s,well because of summer vacation kids were not in a mood to miss any cartoon shows hence I again tried to recharge my a.c and again amount debited from my a.c and did not credit at opposite end!!!
Then I called their helpline no. and one lady picked up the phone,her name was Nayan and she asked for a copy of my bank a.c statement(!!!),I got wild and told her that being a private matter there is a 0 possibility to provide them a copy of bank a.c,she was helpless and matter ended on that point.
Next day I got a call from B'lore and a guy told me that I shall get my money back in next 96 hrs(In the era of net banking they are taking 96 hrs to refund money to their clients).He also promised me that he will see that my service will not stop and will continue till I get refund but it was not the case and they stopped service on the same night.
Just 30 mins back I again got a call from same B'lore phone and this time there was a lady on the line,She told me that it will take full 7 days for them to remitt my money back.I clearly told her that in that case I shall approach consumer protection court.
Just while I am writing this post,I came to know that money has been credited in my a/c!!
I wish other dth players soon enter this market for our benifits to end the monopoly of such players.Thanks.
Well, we had same experience in TATA-VSNL 64kbps, BROADBAND INTERNET CONNECTION.
On the 1st of every month, we would pay check to local office of tata-vsnl. One fine morning we got a call that payment is left and shall they send a person at my house, now I really couldnt understand that why the payment is left. Tried to call at service people ( 2 phone numbers were provided ) and no one picked up phone at any location. CAlled at office and they told me that one cheque has Bounced belonging to payment of 2 months ago. Yes BOUNCED. So officially we must have received notice from the bank. Now even after 2 months, we have never got notice.

Understaning legal matter, we called up and said that as a proof, we want the cheque back. The girl said that they had all the bounced cheques of that month, but not our's. I said I wont get up from here till I get perfect information that where is THAT cheque. They said it was in mumbai.

Then suddenly some branch head appears and screams at me. I reply with even lounder voice. The security person physically hits me. I called him out of bldg. He got hit by me. I called my father so that he can come and inform police. But then the head came and politely said that I PROVE THAT WE HAVE PAID BY SHOWING THEM ACCOUNT STATEMENT.

WHAT THE HELL. We were not receiving internet service , we told them, so they adviced us to go bank and get the statement. There were no chance that they will get our account statement. He called someone at A;bad and on the line he said " When did I say this or that to you..." I scream at him telling him what the local men had siad and then it was hell, and I had to use my power and strength to reply to second hit from security person.

We go online from friend's place and saw that the amount had been paid by cheque i.e. the cheque has been encashed!!!!
Next day I again went there and this time I went there with sure mind that I will make them admit their mistake, and I wont let them know what I saw on net account statement. I said again that I will go only when handed that cheque or call police for false claim and harrasing us.
After 2 hours, there was no reply and then got call from Mumbai that the payment has been done. So for 3 more hours I scolded them at local office.

Note that despite very poor internet service, we held on to that internet because, just as we were about to change ISP, my maternal grandfather died. And at the same time this problem cropped up.
Still we are yet to take 100rs from them.

No wonder that we went to dial up but not this ISP.
AND now we have DTH at our home, not TATA-SKY.

Last edited by aaggoswami : 11th May 2008 at 00:12.
Old 11th May 2008, 09:20   #12
ECM
BHPian

Oh this is even worst and I wonder when these people will learn ways to deal with their customers,very sad indeed dear aagg.
Old 11th May 2008, 09:26   #13
Senior - BHPian

Tata - VSNL sucks. a friend of mine in pune was horribly overcharged by them. he had netlimiter logs to prove that he hadnt downloaded anything. even the usage logs from the tata site favoured him. he escalated it , and then suddenly the graphs changed overnight.

He couldnt switch ISP's since the flatwallahs were acting in collusion with the TATA VSNL guys . he put up for a few months , and luckily he got a transfer back home
Old 11th May 2008, 09:31   #14
Team-BHP Support

aggo - vsnl service does suck. inspite of my dad being in the tatas they were charging us rs4500 for one month when the charge shouldve been rs1600. we just didnt pay and changed our isp to ttml which is so much better. and i actually get the promised speed.
Old 11th May 2008, 14:48   #15
Senior - BHPian

I stick to the recharge card option.
No complications whatsoever.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks