Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th May 2008, 16:13   #1
BHPian

FIAT Palio 1.6 GTX Fuel Pipe Needed - Urgent

Hello All,

Am Badly in need of fuel pipe that connect from bonnet to Engine in 1.6 GTX. The LPG Installation guy has actually cut the pipe during installation and since then it is running on a temporary pipe. However, I do not want to take risk and have approached all the dealers in Bangalore and have tried in Shivajinagar etc etc...

If you know anybody who have it new/used in a good condition, please let me know. It would be certainly of great help for me
Old 20th May 2008, 16:25   #2
Senior - BHPian

Are you looking for a used one?

If you need a new one, you can place a order at any of the Tata Fiat ASC.
Also you could try JK Automob / Car Automob at JC Road.
Old 20th May 2008, 16:44   #3
BHPian

Finneyp,

Thanks for the quick response. I have tried all possible methods. Have been in constant touch with Concorde motors and Hariprasad motors in Bangalore. The incident happened almost 3 months back and till now have been hearing stories like we have placed the order but have not heard from the FIAT. I have also told them to place order for the entire fuel pipe unit but still no luck. It has become a real pain for me as am not getting any help from the dealer/workshop. Now I have reached the stage where I can go for any original pipe in the good working condition

I did go to JC Road many times searching for this and have visited JK/Best Automobiles regarding this. but no luck here also

Have not checked Car automobiles, will check this evening. From everyone what I hear is that "saar that is a part which is very unlikely to get damaged even in the course of an accident.. what happened in your case!!!". Everywhere, after searching for 20-30 minutes they say no saar, we do not have it.
Old 20th May 2008, 20:04   #4
BHPian

Ravi dont worry even I got the similar replies when my siena fuel pipe was leaking.

I bought it for around Rs.1,100 in Opera house area Mumbai.
The main problem is that I had to hunt down through plenty of shops before I got this rare thing. as soon as I got the contact number of that shop, i will PM you his info please give me some time.

you should have inform here earlier instead of waiting for 3 months.

@Finneyp: Tata-Fiat a.s.s. actually will sell the same thing for 3 times the cost.

Last edited by FERRO : 20th May 2008 at 20:08.
Old 21st May 2008, 10:58   #5
BHPian

Yes Ferro, I really thought this is not such a big problem and will get the pipe easily. Thanks a lot for your help.
@Finneyp
Yesterday, I again went to JC road and hunted down all the shops that are known for FIAT spares/accessories ( JK, Car, Best, Durga, Shell, General, Manu and many more). None of them have the fuel pipe for any model of Palio
Old 21st May 2008, 11:07   #6
BHPian

Ravi please post the pic of the fuel pipe(your old fuel pipe) if possible because thats needed.
Old 21st May 2008, 11:36   #7
BHPian

Ferro,

Will post the pic by end of the day. gotta take a snap of it and upload.
Old 21st May 2008, 11:59   #8
Senior - BHPian

A little off topic:
A pal of mine wants to replace his floor carpet on his Palio, and Tata service says it will take a month to get it from Calcutta or somewhere. Gosh, what is happening to Fiat service?
Old 21st May 2008, 12:14   #9
Senior - BHPian

Ravi, I think it is worthwhile that you contact GreenTracks immediately. There was a gentleman from paliousersindia forum whose Palio has been totaled. Apparently, that car is there in GreenTracks for insurance purpose. You can try your luck there...
Old 21st May 2008, 12:19   #10
BHPian

Thanks Deepak,

Do you have any number where I can contact GreenTracks. Please PM me
Old 21st May 2008, 12:26   #11
Senior - BHPian

I have PM'd you Babu's no at GreenTracks. He is the service advisor who is taking care of that car.
Old 21st May 2008, 13:05   #12
BHPian

Deepak,

Talked to him and found that the car totaled was a 1.2 and not 1.6. Also asked him if the pipe is available with him, but no luck. Have to find out where else I can get this pipe
Old 21st May 2008, 14:57   #13
Senior - BHPian

I got your PM. From what is mentioned in this thread, the price quoted by GreenTracks is more I guess.

Probably, you should get in touch with Mumbai people and ask for someone to arrange for the courier.

Alternately, you can mail Mangesh.KODALKAR@fiat.com. Mangesh seems to be pretty responsive, as per many peoples' experiences at the paliousersindia forum.
Old 22nd May 2008, 14:12   #14
BHPian

was able to find Siena's Fuel pipes(set of one blue and one black pipes with a clip at the one end and a metallic pipe at the other end) at shivajinager today. Is it possible to fit this into my Palio 1.6 GTX. He is quoting 1.2K for the set of two pipes, but am not two sure as the one I saw on 1.6 was different from what is on Siena. could anybody guide me here if I should go ahead and buy the pipe and ask the mechanic to fix it

Last edited by ravikn : 22nd May 2008 at 14:14.
Old 23rd May 2008, 11:11   #15
BHPian

there is lot of differences in Siena & Palio 1.6GTX . I guess you better inquire with Fiat instead of fixing Siena fuel pipe in your GTX.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks