Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st November 2021, 00:21   #436
BHPian

Re: Best Life Insurance provider

Hi Guys,
Planning to buy a term insurance myself for covering my home loan(56k emi/month) which is until 58 years for Rs.60 lakh. According to latest IRDAI report(2019-20), Bajaj Alliance has 99.82% claims paid percentage and an amount of Rs.904.3 crore has been paid(Attached screenshot). Is it worth to with this company? Kindly advise.

Thanks,
Ramki
Attached Thumbnails
Best Life Insurance provider-img_20211121_001426.jpg  

Old 21st November 2021, 00:50   #437
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramki067 View Post
Hi Guys,
Planning to buy a term insurance myself for covering my home loan(56k emi/month) which is until 58 years for Rs.60 lakh.
Thanks,
Ramki
If it is only for the purposes of covering the home loan I am sure the bank would have already taken a term insurance when the loan was processed.
Old 21st November 2021, 01:09   #438
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anandhsub View Post
If it is only for the purposes of covering the home loan I am sure the bank would have already taken a term insurance when the loan was processed.
No, i opted for emi excluding the insurance as it was Rs.6K/month more.
Old 17th January 2022, 14:37   #439
BHPian

LIC Policy Maturity

An LIC policy I had taken is maturing this month end. Is it possible to submit the maturity documents at any LIC branch or does it need to be submitted only at the Servicing branch? As per multiple news reports, it should be possible to service it any branch, but it also says that this facility was available on trial basis only till 31-Mar-2021.
Old 17th January 2022, 14:43   #440
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: LIC Policy Maturity

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigitalOne View Post
An LIC policy I had taken is maturing this month end. Is it possible to submit the maturity documents at any LIC branch or does it need to be submitted only at the Servicing branch? As per multiple news reports, it should be possible to service it any branch, but it also says that this facility was available on trial basis only till 31-Mar-2021.
You need to get and fill the discharge form from any local LIC branch. Attach the discharge form, policy bond, ID proof and a cancelled cheque and post/courier it to the home branch. That will initiate the claim process
sagarpadaki is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd February 2022, 11:10   #441
BHPian

Re: LIC Policy Maturity

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagarpadaki View Post
Attach the discharge form, policy bond, ID proof and a cancelled cheque and post/courier it to the home branch. That will initiate the claim process
I couriered the documents as suggested. The policy got matured on 28-Jan but got the maturity proceeds yesterday.

For those who are interested, the policy was "Jeevan Shree" which was very popular (among agents ) during 2002. Premiums were to be paid for 12 years with maturity after 20 years.

The IRR calculation shows a healthy 9.88% . God bless the LIC agent

Caution: Please do not go by past performance of LIC endowment products.

Name:  LIC_IRR.png
Views: 661
Size:  35.3 KB
DigitalOne is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 4th February 2022, 23:57   #442
BHPian

Can anyone suggest which company term insurance to go for, for 38M, non smoker? I intend to take 1cr term insurance. I see max life as best claim settlement ratio as per policybazaar.
Also, can anyone explain me tele medical and physical medical works for term insurance?
Old 16th January 2023, 10:32   #443
BHPian

How is Bajaj Allianz for term insurance? They have significantly less rates compared to icici or HDFC Life for 2Cr, 34, non smoking male.
Should we opt payment for 5/10 years option or go for payment till maturity?
Old 22nd February 2023, 11:07   #444
BHPian

Can somebody shed light on how change in employment affects term insurance. For eg: a salaried employee earning x/annum leaves his salaried job and takes up self employment earning much less than his salary income, will it affect the insurance?
Old 22nd February 2023, 11:57   #445
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by d.w.w. View Post
Can somebody shed light on how change in employment affects term insurance. For eg: a salaried employee earning x/annum leaves his salaried job and takes up self employment earning much less than his salary income, will it affect the insurance?
Generally speaking, term insurance or life insurance for that matter considers just the age of the proposer while fixing the premium for a specific sum assured amount. So there should not be any issue.

However, things are different in case of a Personal Accident Insurance policy where the premium is based on the nature of occupation of the proposer.

If you already have a policy, you may be better off checking with the insurance provider to the specific T&C's.
Fx14 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd February 2023, 12:39   #446
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fx14 View Post
Generally speaking, term insurance or life insurance for that matter considers just the age of the proposer while fixing the premium for a specific sum assured amount. So there should not be any issue.

However, things are different in case of a Personal Accident Insurance policy where the premium is based on the nature of occupation of the proposer.

If you already have a policy, you may be better off checking with the insurance provider to the specific T&C's.
Thanks! I don't have an existing policy, thought it will be wise to ask here rather than asking some agent who would be willing to provide false data to get business.
Old 26th February 2023, 09:41   #447
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by d.w.w. View Post
If the nature of your work changes ex: from a office job to say a hiking guide, then there may be grounds to reject the claim.
AFIK, change in annual income does not affect the cover.
whitewing is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th March 2023, 22:39   #448
Senior - BHPian

A friend of mine (agent) is persuading me to take Reliance Nippon life insurance policy. Considering the history of this Insurance provider and the prevailing Macro economic conditions (banks going down), is it advisable to go for this?
Personally I am more inclined towards LIC but if there are no major issues, I may go with is as it would help him as well.
Old 26th October 2023, 13:37   #449
BHPian

Guys, I am in a dilemma and have only 15 days left to make a choice.

I applied for a 2Cr Term insurance for my wife from ICICI iProtect smart plan for a coverage time period of 40 years. (We are both 27 years now.) Monthly EMI for her comes out to be around 1700 INR.

Now, I wanted to go ahead with the same but stumbled upon TATA AIA Sampoorna Raksha Supreme plan. I got tempted and applied for it. Its a 2Cr death benefit plan of 40 years with market return investments if I survive the coverage time period of 40 years. As per the last 7 years of this plan's record, one can expect a 16% ROI, which makes my invested money for 40 years rise upto a huge 7Cr. I got swayed away and clicked SUBMIT. Monthly EMI comes out to be 5300 INR for 40 years. (25L total investment in life)

Now, I started to dive into deep of such insurance plans on youtube and free knowledge of google, found out to my surprise that these "ULIP" plans are all a scam and have a mega Mortality charge of upto 11% which basically sabotages the whole calculations. Also, expense ratios and exit loads of such plans are atleast triple of mutual funds and once again makes is less appealing than MFs. Also, most of the youtube channels suggest to not mix investments and insurances and buy a simple term insurance (just like above ICICI) and invest in either MFs or equity.

Now, I have a free look period of 15 days in which I can decide if I want to continue with TATA AIA or not. Your help is highly appreciated.

Thanks,
~NA
Old 26th October 2023, 17:27   #450
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by na_agrawal View Post
Also, most of the Youtube channels suggest to not mix investments and insurances and buy a simple term insurance (just like above ICICI) and invest in either MFs or equity.
Past performance is no guarantee of future results, as the standard disclaimer goes. So, buy a plain vanilla term insurance policy and stay away from ULIPs.
comfortablynumb is online now   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks