Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th October 2023, 08:42   #451
BHPian

Re: Best Life Insurance provider

Quote:
Originally Posted by na_agrawal View Post
...I have a free look period of 15 days in which I can decide if I want to continue with TATA AIA or not. Your help is highly appreciated.
Better to invest in the term plan and the price differential can be invested in any index tracking mutual fund, your returns most likely will be be on par if not better than if you'd gone the ULIP route.
whitewing is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th October 2023, 11:01   #452
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by na_agrawal View Post
Now, I have a free look period of 15 days in which I can decide if I want to continue

If your primary objective is risk coverage, stick to a pure term insurance policy. Note that you're paying more than triple the amount for the same risk coverage for a reason.

There are various types of other investments with better returns (adjusted for risk).
Fx14 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th December 2023, 18:32   #453
BHPian

1. I do not have a term insurance policy. Should I get it now in my 40s?
2. If you outlast the policy, you get nothing. So, better to invest it in some other instrument?
Old 24th December 2023, 11:00   #454
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhokal View Post
2. If you outlast the policy, you get nothing. So, better to invest it in some other instrument?
One usually buys term insurance to offset the loss of life (there by the income) to the family.
Consider taking a cover depending on your estimated future earnings, so that an untimely loss does not cause undue financial pain to your family.

Term insurance are usually much, much cheaper than the ones with money back. Compare and decide.
whitewing is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th December 2023, 13:04   #455
BHPian

Quote:

Another perspective from your query - first you need to decide whether you need risk coverage or return on investment.

1. Considering your current age, if you are planning to continue working till the normal retirement age and / or have outstanding home loans etc., then term insurance is advisable.

2. Conversely if you are pursuing the "FIRE" approach and free of liabilities, then this is an additional expense without returns as rightly pointed out. In this case go for investments.
Fx14 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th December 2023, 21:28   #456
BANNED

Quote:
If your spouse is working and can sustain current lifestyle in case of anything unfortunate happens, don't bother. Else take a term insurance till age 65, take a cover for 15X annual income of yours. Investing in any other instrument won't give you peace of mind.
The Rationalist is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th February 2024, 20:46   #457
BHPian

Dear all, has anybody taken LIC's Tech Term plan? If yes, can you please share the experience of enrollment, or some claim experience (if any) in your known circle?

I am looking for a term plan with a life cover of 1.5Cr. Have narrowed down to LIC, HDFC Life (Click2Protect Life) and Max Life (Smart Secure Plus) after some research on various parameters. Not interested in any riders, just need a pure vanilla term plan which covers upto 60 years of age.

LIC's quote is the most expensive of the three, and the annual premium is costlier by 3k compared to HDFC and Max, whose quotes are pretty much similar. I am ok with paying a premium for the LIC brand and the trust factor associated with it (they have the lowest claim repudiation ratio), but at the same time I am wondering whether it is really worth it. How responsive is LIC nowadays for any assistance?

Please help.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks