Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th September 2008, 21:18   #16
BHPian

Hi Guys,

My 1.3 MJD is scheduled for delivery on Saturday, October 4th. However, the dealer tells me that it won't be possible since RTO is closed on October 2nd on account of national holiday, and hence delaying delivery.

The dealer is located in Chembur and my residence is in Navi Mumbai. I know there is a check naka before the Vashi bridge. Would it be possible to take the car home on temp registration & delivery note? Do I risk getting challaned for having no registration?

Mumbai tbhpians, have you any of you (or your friends) got a temp registered vehicle from Mumbai to Navi Mumbai or vice versa?

Thanks in advance.

Cheers!
DueLLeR
Old 30th September 2008, 22:37   #17
BHPian

why not on 3rd october.dont know about MUMBAI ,but in delhi you cannot get a delhi temp no.if you want the book car in delhi only,it is given if the registration has to be done in some other state
Old 30th September 2008, 22:41   #18
BHPian

I think you can run on a temporary number on a proper number plate. Keep the essential papers with you.I dont think it should be a problem.
Old 2nd October 2008, 15:23   #19

Keep the octroi paid receipt in hand or you might be in lot of hassle.......

Quote:
Originally Posted by DueLLeR View Post
Hi Guys,

My 1.3 MJD is scheduled for delivery on Saturday, October 4th. However, the dealer tells me that it won't be possible since RTO is closed on October 2nd on account of national holiday, and hence delaying delivery.

Mumbai tbhpians, have you any of you (or your friends) got a temp registered vehicle from Mumbai to Navi Mumbai or vice versa?

Thanks in advance.

Cheers!
DueLLeR
Old 2nd October 2008, 18:27   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by FaeLLe View Post
Keep the octroi paid receipt in hand or you might be in lot of hassle.......
Thanks, FaeLLe. My car is being registered in Vashi (MH-43), which is a octroi free zone. I won't have an octroi reciept at any time.

I spoke to the dealer and he was giving me bull about showroom policy of not delivering the car before registration. He says he would be able to deliver the car only after getting the Tax reciept from RTO, i.e. after registration is complete. I'm planning to argue/fight and do whatever it takes to get the car on Saturday.

Just a quick question - if I manage to convince him to deliver the car, I will have the Delivery Note, Insurance coverage, and Temp Registration. I know the temp registration would be valid for 15 days at least. Any risk in taking delivery with these documents alone?

Cheers!
DueLLeR
Old 8th October 2008, 11:32   #21

Delivery

Quote:
Thanks, FaeLLe. My car is being registered in Vashi (MH-43), which is a octroi free zone. I won't have an octroi reciept at any time.

I spoke to the dealer and he was giving me bull about showroom policy of not delivering the car before registration. He says he would be able to deliver the car only after getting the Tax reciept from RTO, i.e. after registration is complete. I'm planning to argue/fight and do whatever it takes to get the car on Saturday.

Just a quick question - if I manage to convince him to deliver the car, I will have the Delivery Note, Insurance coverage, and Temp Registration. I know the temp registration would be valid for 15 days at least. Any risk in taking delivery with these documents alone?

Cheers!
DueLLeR
He cannot stop your delivery as you have already paid him and most of your documents are there except the registration. I got my bmw last week and it was also not registered at the time of delivery. I took my car on delivery note,insurance and temp registration. You can freely drive around but as mentioned before by another member just dont speed or dui.
Old 13th October 2008, 23:58   #22

Yeah, he really cant stop delivery of the car. Registration can take place in 2 hrs, he is probably delaying due to not finishing pending work on the car (such as any accessories you might have ordered).

You are allowed to register the car yourself, you can merely tell him that you are not interested in registering the car at all and want to export it! He will be forced to hand it over to you in a TMP registration.

Then go at your own leisure to the RTO and register it.

Quote:

Cheers!
DueLLeR
Old 11th May 2013, 17:53   #23
BHPian

I am buying a new car in Noida tomorrow. My query is whether i can drive the car to Gurgaon via Delhi on the temp no provided by the dealer or not. The dealer said I can drive within Noida but can't take it to delhi (other state). Another maruti dealer said that i can drive within NCR. i am confused now.
Old 23rd October 2020, 13:17   #24
BHPian

Re: Help! Car delivery before registration?

Hi,

Picking up a very old thread and would like to get some help in understanding the problems/issues i can get into

I have got a new creta allocated to my booking and have done all formalities of documents, payment, insurance yesterday. Dealer is saying they will take 2-3 working days to register the car and with tomorrow as the 4th saturday and monday also a holiday for Dussehra, they will not be able to register the car before Tuesday.
But I am hellbent on taking the delivery on Monday. I will try to convince him and plan to take the delivery and park at home and not drive out untill I get the number.
Is it legally allowed or what all problems can I get into in case I go ahead taking the delivery without the number.
M sure that the road tax has been submitted by the dealer and I have a valid insurance which has my car's engine & Chasis number.

Any help on this wud be really helpful
Old 23rd October 2020, 13:29   #25
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by D'Ro@dSt@r View Post
I am hellbent on taking the delivery on Monday.
Well you can take delivery on TC plates (Red). Dealer may not be able to raise the invoice though. He can make a letter that this vehicle is being given for extended test drive

You can get Insurance done even though your car will be covered under Dealers policy but the claim can get tricky. And best will be not to use too much. But that dealer has to support you.
Turbanator is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd October 2020, 13:36   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post
Well you can take delivery on TC plates (Red). Dealer may not be able to raise the invoice though. He can make a letter that this vehicle is being given for extended test drive

You can get Insurance done even though your car will be covered under Dealers policy but the claim can get tricky. And best will be not to use too much. But that dealer has to support you.
Thanks for the info sir..!! So looks like its a tricky and risky affair. I was thinking of giving it a try as my last car was taken a day before the registration.
I have less hope of support from dealer, but thinking of giving a try. Guess better would be to wait for a few more days and then take the delivery with peace of mind.
Damn, I hate the bank guys now for delaying the loan process
Old 24th October 2020, 17:35   #27
BHPian

So, I got a call today from the SA and he informed that the road tax is paid and he can deliver the car to me tomorrow, but insisted not to drive much till we get the registration done in Tuesday. Plan is to pick it up from the dealer and park at home.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks