Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th July 2008, 04:54   #31
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gopz View Post
I wonder which city is next! What are these people upto, just giving warning signals or just creating fear in the minds of the citizens?

Just heard from a news channel that there were blasts at 6 places and 5 injured.

Are they just evaluating the police and security forces, and observing the steps taken by the government, before planning a major strike

Is it a co-incidence that BJP is ruling in both these states!!!

Well add BJP ruled Rajasthan to that list. Remember the Jaipur blasts from a few days ago?

And I see a lot of people and a lot of ministers and who is who trying to say to people "maintain your calm". But wth? If these blasts went off in their areas and their relatives are killed would they "maintain the calm"?

India seems like a big big tamasha these days.
Old 27th July 2008, 06:20   #32
BANNED

Our prayers are with your family, Aagoswami. God's help may always be on your side.

Man! It's more terrifying when we actually see people suffering in there situations.

God! We've had enough. Please put an end to all this.
Old 27th July 2008, 08:27   #33
Senior - BHPian

aaggoswami, please do update us about the well being of your friends & relatives.

Its scary to see all these. I am afraid if this is just a start of a bigger issue. 2 States in 2 consecutive days. Praying god that this should be the LAST one.
Old 27th July 2008, 09:27   #34
Senior - BHPian

Today morning Time Of India paper had a front page picture of two victims of the blasts on the road! :-(

RIP for the departed souls!

Even more shocking was the picture of the bomb diffusing office doing his work here at Bangalore. The officer has no protection!!! My God! Is a helmet (that too without any face cover) enough protection? And body protection - regular uniform!!!
Old 27th July 2008, 09:51   #35
BHPian

All we hear from our 'Steely' PM & the remote control operator is that we condemn the blasts & we will not cow/bow down to terrorism. Then they say that we had warned the state heads days ago with prior intelligence reports. So was it done with the consent of some people in the government? And hello, have you convicted any of the Parliament Attack accused? Why heed to mercy plea's? Why these feeble anti-terror laws? No religion preaches killing of innocent people, its just the artwork of 1 country who is misguiding youth & distorting the real meaning of their religion & causing terror around the world. I have many Muslim friends who have told me that nothing of this sort is written in the Quran, its just the politically motivated preachers, madrassa's, maulvi's who are misrepresenting & distorting religion.

Atleast when Vajpayee was PM he had the guts to stage the Kargil conflict & teach the infiltrators a lesson. See whats happening today in Arunachal Pradesh (China), Sikkim (China), Kashmir (Pak) will worsen the situation in the days to come. Its going to be grave & get even worse for the whole nation. We don't need a bunch of wimps at the top proclaiming that we condemn the attacks, they need to be blunt. No lawyers, no assistance just shoot at sight. Even better, capture them & their family & kill their loved ones one by one to show them & make them realise how it feels to lose a loved one. I'm sorry that i may sound harsh but its not the time to give your other cheek if someone slaps you.

We will lose a lot if we are perceived as a soft nation, investors will back off, businesses will lose a lot as exports will be affected, our whole economy will lose in the bargain. As i read on an article on rediff, India's security is a joke... on us.
Old 27th July 2008, 10:59   #36
Senior - BHPian

Thanks to all your well wishes, none of my relatives and family members are injured. All of them are safe.

My uncle and aunt, both were struck in traffic jams. They were safe.
My father reached Ahmedabad city within one hour. After wards the journey to our home there took one hour. Police were checking the cars with GJ-6 ( i.e. Vadodara ) as the trauma center blast is said to have happened in some car with GJ-6-9XXX number. My father had straight gone to the venue of social function my grand parents were attending, and took them to home.

One blast in Hatkoteshwar happened just before my uncle had reached. It was one of his route to come home from his hospital. He was safe.

I could reach Ahmedabad by 1:15 am. There I was stopped by cops. A young person driving GJ-6 series old car means they did minute checking. I told them everything in detail. I also gave them the address and phone number of our home in ahmedabad. They were now satisfied. However the told me to return, as the situation was a bit tense and horror filled. I asked them if they can make me talk to home there, then I will be satisfied. They tried on landline and somehow, it worked. I talked with everyone in my grandfathers home. I also managed to talk with all the relatives who had landline. Mobile network was still busy.

My cousing who works in Civil lives in another location. I was yet to talk with him or his parents. Even my father and grand parents were not able to reach them through tele phone. They dont have landline, only mobiles.

So I was allowed to go. I straight went to their place and not to my initially planned visit to grand parents. There I came to know about the intensity of blast at Trauma Center. More than 25 dead and this includes doctors.
My cousin was there as he was called from the cancer patinet he was attneding. He was then called to do duty in the Ambulance as people there said that treatment to trauma is to be given as early as possible. My cousin left the trauma center and the blast happened within 2 minutes after he left.

This was quite scary.

Now I started back for Vadodara after talking with all ( thanks to very co-operative cops ) and meeting three in person. My father told me that everything is OK, so I can leave for Vadodara. Left form Ahmedabad at around 2:00 am and reached here at 4:25 am.
For one moment, the stupid and old steering wheel of Maruti 800 looked the most beatiful object to me.

But to many this was not. My initial joy was gone when I thought of the innocent poeple who lost their lives. I was praying for them to RIP. Thats all I can do.

I thank all t-bhp ians for making me think positively and giving patience.

Last edited by aaggoswami : 27th July 2008 at 11:02.
Old 27th July 2008, 11:08   #37
BHPian

@Aggoswami thats good news for your family - thanks for keeping us updated
Old 27th July 2008, 11:09   #38
Senior - BHPian

Thats good to hear aggooswami.
Yes, it really hurts especially you are very near to the victims. Hope the family of those victims come back to normal life asap and lets pray for their well beings.
Old 27th July 2008, 11:29   #39
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mugen_Power View Post
@aaggoswami

All Mobile networks and landline was down when i last tried around 10:30, There was a blast at Narol so becareful, It is near Ahmedabad - vadodara expressway.
Thanks a lot for informing me.

I was quite tense at that time. The mobile network was down even at around 11:30 pm. I could not get in touch with my father. Last time i was able to talk with dad was when he was on expresshighway. So I decided to go there.
Its extremely tense when you hear these type of news and then cant reach for near and dear ones.
Quote:
@Aggoswami thats good news for your family - thanks for keeping us updated
Yup, .

Quote:
Thats good to hear aggooswami.
Yes, it really hurts especially you are very near to the victims. Hope the family of those victims come back to normal life asap and lets pray for their well beings.
I was stunned when I saw the damage. I did also plan to take images, but they were qutie destructive to post anywhere. The worst part is that even schools kids were injured. I was feeling very bad. I hope they are back into their normal life. It was such a bad scenario that I decided not to visit the trauma center at Civil hospital.

It was one of the best moments of life when I met my cousin after hearing about the trauma center blast.
Old 27th July 2008, 11:47   #40
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sagittarian View Post
The serial blast once again goes to prove that we are a country of incorrigible nincompoops, good at nothing other than condemning the blasts after they have taken place. The blasts are becoming so routine that one tends to lose count of them. Ahamedabad, Bangalore, Mumbai, Lucknow, Jaipur, Varanasi...In how many cases have our central or state agencies been able to bring the culprits behind these dastardly acts to book? The ministers make statements pointing their fingers at some terrorist organisation, cops and intelligences agencies start collecting bits and pieces of what is left at the scenes and then again it is time for the next series. Atrocious! USA is also a prime target of terrorists. Have we ever heard of a serial blast there? Not that these terrorists are not interested in doing similar things there. The reason it does not happen there is that they are eternally watchful and use whatever they have at their disposal to PREVENT such things. When are we going to learn!
You already lost count my friend. You seem to have forgotten Hyderabad Gokul Chat and Lumbini Park blasts. Anyways the point is that the Government must not lose count and they must track this and have a unified plan. What is the Goverment's progress and action plan on this issue? Other than asking people to stay calm and condemning it as a cowardly act? Do they have any action plan at all? Any change in law required? How are they going to enforce peace? What does the Government think at all?
Old 27th July 2008, 12:17   #41
Senior - BHPian

The scary thing is that we have started treating these like natural calamities. Feel sorry, asked to stay calm and continue with our lives.
Its disgusting.
Old 27th July 2008, 12:39   #42
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaggoswami View Post
Thanks to all your well wishes, none of my relatives and family members are injured. All of them are safe.
Thats great news. Glad to hear that buddy !
Old 27th July 2008, 13:11   #43
Senior - BHPian

I really want the govt to act tough from this point onwards. Enough is enough, no point of showing mercy to any of these terrorists. They should be caught and put through the gallows immediately. They never showed any mercy while planting the bombs and killing the innocents. These cowards doesn't have any guts to have a open fight with our Army and resent to these cowardly acts of planting bombs in the veil of darkness. Gutless cowards!!
From this point there should be no mercy shown to them. No mercy at all. If needed amend the laws, make them as tough as possible and justice as fast as possible. If they are killing us at will then let us do the same to them. I may sound very much rhetoric but that's what one can expect at the time of anguish.
Old 27th July 2008, 13:19   #44
Senior - BHPian

Things Are Quiet Now

Hai Zak, Kumar and others,

Thanks a lot for all the messages, sms and calls, greteful for the concern.

All phone lines went down around 630pm, tried to log into TBHP or Yaho thro BSNL, no way. The lines were clear only about midnight.

We're all safe, away from the circle of bombings @ Vastrapur. It was wrongly reported that our area was involved, later corrected by the press.
Fortunately, being an off day, I was @ home, reading. My wife was away around 630pm on her Wagon R and got stuck in a grid-lock near IIM-A for 1 hour, her mobile went dead, I was worried and finally got an SMs thro. The lake area in front of my house, ususally about 10-15 K people mill around here, was vecated by the police; most major roads were also closed out by the police.

All our company people, about 2500 + are also safe. We have adivised employees and friends to stay away from malls, markets, bus-stops, temples, weddings and crowded places for at least 15 days. It would be wise to do the same in all other cities, better to be safe when there are maniacs out there.

--Ramky

=====
Old 27th July 2008, 13:24   #45
Senior - BHPian

No Mercy?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaushik_s View Post
I really want the govt to act tough from this point onwards. Enough is enough, no point of showing mercy to any of these terrorists. They should be caught and put through the gallows immediately. They never showed any mercy while planting the bombs and killing the innocents. These cowards doesn't have any guts to have a open fight with our Army and resent to these cowardly acts of planting bombs in the veil of darkness. Gutless cowards!!
From this point there should be no mercy shown to them. No mercy at all. If needed amend the laws, make them as tough as possible and justice as fast as possible. If they are killing us at will then let us do the same to them. I may sound very much rhetoric but that's what one can expect at the time of anguish.
Its a sad day when we have technology to pin-point anything on earth from orbit, but clueless about terrorists.

Remember last year a report that there are 17 terrorist training camps opeprating just outside LOC, off Kashmir; wonder what stops us from crossing over and blasting the *******s off the globe. Israel could do it, USA could do it 1000's of Kms away, we are still having debates and debates on the subject May the Lord be praised.

--Ramky
----------

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks