Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th July 2008, 19:06   #16
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ph03n!x View Post
These blasts are confusing - they are not one of those high intensity bombs that terrorists use to kill... these seem to just create a panic, the ones that went off in Banglore and Ahmedabad. Wonder what is happening..!
40 people died and you are thinking it's low intensity ? Come on, we all know who did it and govt should come down heavily on them.
Old 27th July 2008, 19:13   #17
Senior - BHPian

kaushik, I believe he was referring to the nature of the bombs , not the events when he mentioned that they were low intensity
Old 27th July 2008, 19:19   #18
Senior - BHPian

No blasts till now! Hope the info was a fake. Now someone has phoned the cops saying there is a bomb in a hotel near Marine drive!

Edit: Now it seems a girl in alapuzha got a call saying a blast was gonna happen there!
Gawd! Now the prnaksters are gonna have a field daY!!!
Old 27th July 2008, 19:49   #19
BHPian

Yeah .. People all over the state are getting calls n sms's about a blast.

I think the police in the capital is doing a great job.They've cleared all the places where people gather in large numbers. But I think the theatres are still running in tvm.
Old 27th July 2008, 20:32   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mistakenguy View Post
Yeah .. People all over the state are getting calls n sms's about a blast.
So, this shows they want to create PANIC among the people. Umm, whats there utimale need? Wonder why do they do this now like a chain?
Old 27th July 2008, 21:05   #21
Senior - BHPian

This is bad! Do we take this serious or do we take this as some one sending out a false alarm! This will just create more panic!

Guess, better be safe than sorry!

Guys in Kerala - please stay safe.
Old 28th July 2008, 10:54   #22
Senior - BHPian

My point is, if they have to do it, why would they announce? They are using the similar analogy as we had seen in the movie "Mission Kashimir". They said bomb in the school when it was somewhere else (TV Tower). Its not just people in Kerala, whole of India should be careful and the security to be beefed up BIG TIME.

Old 28th July 2008, 12:09   #23
Senior - BHPian

On a lighter note, Dunno whats the point of a bomb threat on Kerala. Half the Mallus live elsewhere anyway
Old 28th July 2008, 14:08   #24
Senior - BHPian

Nice one. spadival.

Maybe they are targetting the tourists (from other states/countries) in Kerala.
Old 28th July 2008, 14:20   #25
BHPian

The Cochin cops are sure taking unprecedented security measures.

While on my way to work today morning, I was stopped and was asked to open up my boot which they duly checked, lifting up the mat. They had me open up my bag, and even closely inspected a cusion lying on the back seat! And they were even nothing down the numbers of all these cars. But for some strange reason, tipper trucks flying down the road were given a go-ahead!

Hope everything turns out to be a false alarm!
Old 28th July 2008, 14:38   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by spadival View Post
On a lighter note, Dunno whats the point of a bomb threat on Kerala. Half the Mallus live elsewhere anyway
Heard a joke on similiar lines that kerala sinks more into ocean during September every year. Reason: All mallus return home for Onam
Old 28th July 2008, 18:18   #27
Senior - BHPian

>From today 28/07/08 - red alert is declared all over chennai following
the serial blasts in Bangalore and Ahemadabad. Its been guessed
by the intelligence department that the terror groups were following
the word "BACK"

B - Bangalore
A - Ahemadabad
C - Chennai
K - Kolkata
-Reuters

.... A rumor?
Old 28th July 2008, 18:34   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
>From today 28/07/08 - red alert is declared all over chennai following
the serial blasts in Bangalore and Ahemadabad. Its been guessed
by the intelligence department that the terror groups were following
the word "BACK"

B - Bangalore
A - Ahemadabad
C - Chennai
K - Kolkata
-Reuters

.... A rumor?
It can be C-Cochin...also..who knows:(
Old 28th July 2008, 18:37   #29
Senior - BHPian

The BACK part is supposed to be a rumour. Got an SMS from city police today which says that anyone spreading rumours by forwarding such SMSes or other means would be arrested.

@jkdas, I hope the Chennai police does not put your post on tbhp in the spreading rumours category.

C and K could stand for many more cities/states like Cochin, Kochi, Chandigarh, Kerala, Coimbatore, etc.
Old 28th July 2008, 20:53   #30
BANNED

Some thoughts

Few months back, before a prominent leader from Kerala with extreme views was released from loooooong term as an under trial, somewhere in TN, a TN bus going to TN (where else?) was burnt just outside Kochi.

What we failed to notice was the training the guys who took over the bus had received. They were very calm. Very cool. Very stern. Very matter of fact. Put the passengers at ease. Asked them to stay cool and calm. Assured them that no harm will happen to passengers if they co-operated. Ensured that no passenger pulled off tricks - made them put hands on front seat. The hijacking was well executed and well planned. There is only one stretch of road near Kochi (on the route this bus would take) where you can get about 2 KM of non-stop driving. And this precisely was the place these people choose to take over the bus.

Why am I saying this right now?

We took note of the fact that the bus was burnt. We made all the right noises about the incident. But we also ignored how it was done. Those were very ominious signs.

Already, evening papers are reporting the Kerala links.

IMHO, the threat is real. Very real.

What do these people gain from these acts? SImply by disrupting the normal life, few people will loose their daily earning. Unemployed people make a good audience. And a body of potential followers for a leadership in search of followers.

<in my personal capacity>

So, how do we react, when the incidents come? help the victims, of course. But ensure that the country leads a normal life. WIthout disrupting the livelihoods of the marginalised. And do behave yourselves when you are at a "spot". Do not tamper with the scene - you may be destroying valuable evidence. Do NOT loiter around when police is searching for something. You may be hampering search / and or rescue. Stay off cordoned areas. Remember that our police is severely under equipped and under staffed. And they are humans too.

And if you have any dos and dont's, please add them here.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks