Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st August 2008, 17:13   #16
BHPian

BBlost: Was thinking that also ala US style but with my vehicle list thats impossible
Old 21st August 2008, 17:25   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jraj View Post
The broker's lobby is ofcourse very rampant in Chennai.I still remember seeing quotes of 35K for a 2BHK in Sis Meridian apartment in magicbricks\99acres etc.I agree the apartment is too plush and all that but 35K for 1100sqft??!!?
Are you only looking at Alwarpet area or open to other areas as well?
Rs.35K for a 2BHK apartment . Is that furnished? My friend has rented a apartment in Ramaniam Flats next to the Velachery police station. A 2BHK @ Rs.15,000/- per month with basic amenities provided by the landlord. Do not look at the 100 ft road. Walk around the streets inside, look for CDS/CEEBROS

Most of the IT companies were renting out flats, getting it furnished and make their visitors stay to get away from travel both ways which results in more productivity apart from saving hotel rents. For them such amounts does not pinch and houseowners are feasting with this models

Last edited by Surprise : 21st August 2008 at 17:34.
Old 21st August 2008, 17:34   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zappo View Post
A leaky, creaky 25 year old 1 bedroom+Study apt without a lift for Rs.22,000?!!! Is Chennai that costly? :-/ When I lived in Chennai some 4-5 years back a 2bhk 1st floor house in an independent setup in Kottur, teacher's colony was some 6000 bucks. And before that the one in Besant Nagar (very close to the beach) was 11k or something. And all these flats were given to us at higher costs since 2-3 bachelors lived together and shared the rent.

By the way what happened to that funda of To-Let boards that used to hang on the gates? We always used to house hunt on the weekends, looking either for those boards or else looking up the FreeAds.
you bet Zappo, its really costly now. House owners who used to be quite cordial with inmates are now proper business oriented and scare tenants away. thats what i heard. I lived in besant nagar 1 bhk for 7k 4 years ago.
Old 21st August 2008, 18:31   #19
Senior - BHPian

if you have friends in infy, wipro etc, they have internal bulleting board full of real estate ads. i am talking about 2006 scenario though. we paid 6.5 K in T nagar just behind GRT grand days that time.
Old 21st August 2008, 19:59   #20
BHPian

My next house guy tried to let his 3BHK flat(1200sq.ft) for Rs. 14,000 with car park, heater etc.... He waited for 3 months with a TOLET Board, No body came. Then he reduced to 12k, 10k, and atlast for 9k.

There is a huge price increase in Rent at Chennai, because THERE ARE LOT OF IT PEOPLE still exists in Chennai who are ready to PAY. If nobody is ready to pay the rent, it will come down.
Old 21st August 2008, 20:04   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibm_jennifer View Post
My next house guy tried to let his 3BHK flat(1200sq.ft) for Rs. 14,000 with car park, heater etc.... He waited for 3 months with a TOLET Board, No body came. Then he reduced to 12k, 10k, and atlast for 9k.

There is a huge price increase in Rent at Chennai, because THERE ARE LOT OF IT PEOPLE still exists in Chennai who are ready to PAY. If nobody is ready to pay the rent, it will come down.
9k for 1200sqft looks little low considering the present rent rates. Where is this house in chennai?
Old 21st August 2008, 20:17   #22
BHPian

When we look for a house in velachery the first question they asked is are you from IT industry. I told i am working for a paint company . For a match box size home the owner is expecting 12K i was like . Yes they prefer bachelor a lot. previously they look for decency but now they are very much comfortable with bachelors who never complain wont ask any question on EB meter reading.
Finally i found a very good owner at madipakkam 2 BHk individual house with car park for 6k
Old 21st August 2008, 20:27   #23
BHPian

9k for 1200 is great, which area is this?
Old 21st August 2008, 20:42   #24
BHPian

sorry for replying on this thread ,because i am no use to reply .

But still , it's pretty much expensive there, in gurgaon i am paying 30k for a 4bedroom +dining +servant quarter+100% power back up .

well that's really expensive for 1 bedroom flat ..

By d way do you have an agreement copy .If yes you can go to consumer court against your land lord and ask the fine which can be upto 1lac against it,bu after that don't stay in that house.

consumer courts are really fast in respect to others within few hearings ,it will be ruled out in your favor definitely.
Old 21st August 2008, 21:05   #25
BHPian

The HOUSE is in Chinamaya nagar, Virugambakkam - Near Koyembedu BusStand. Its a highly residential Area and You can even find houses for 5k here. I am paying only 7K for a 3BHK House(1100 sq. ft). I heard, a flat next to my Apartment is available for Rent for Rs. 6000. its also 3BHK around 1000sq. ft, but no Reserved car parking.
Old 21st August 2008, 21:16   #26
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibm_jennifer View Post

Chennai is getting 'benga-lured' !
Old 21st August 2008, 22:37   #27
BHPian

I still believe, Its all because of Software Engineers. Now I am paying 7K for my house(it was Rs. 2k only, before HCL came to vadapalani), but I know any Stupid Software Engineer can easily pay Rs.15K for my House now. (Yes, this HCL Guys still don't know that, there is a residential area near koyembedu!!!, they are still fighting in vadapalani, Saligramam, Ashoak nagar, KK nagar & Anna Nagar)

IF PEOPLE are ready to Pay 20k for a House in Chennai, Nobody can STOP this rentals. Dont sacrifice your Life style for a House, higher than your budget. You should spread this word in IT Industry.

Last edited by ibm_jennifer : 21st August 2008 at 22:42.
Old 21st August 2008, 22:39   #28
BHPian

smokin: we had initially rented with the owner who was the father and we didnt have any agreement only for the advance. He passed away now then sons demands this..so no point in legal issues as i dont have an agreement just check payments of the rent...
Old 22nd August 2008, 01:29   #29
Senior - BHPian

Never rent an apartment without a lease.
Old 22nd August 2008, 03:21   #30
Senior - BHPian

Welcome to hunt club - I started on a similar road in January. But then I didn't go to brokers or anything, just kept buying the latest FreeAds paper for about three weeks, and sure enough, I have landed up a place in Besant Nagar, that too right opposite to the beach, for 13k / 1L advance - and it is a 3 BHK, 1300 (approx) Sq Ft.

This is the second place I have got FreeAds' help in about 5 years, and am sure it would work for you too with a bit of patience.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks