Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd August 2008, 06:54   #31
BHPian

Nick: Lesson learnt Actually, have been learning lot of hard lessons in the last 2 months. Guess my stars have gone Kaput.

Phon: Will buy freeads and look. When does it come? Also, do let me know if you see anything in Besant.
Old 22nd August 2008, 07:53   #32
Senior - BHPian

It used to be twice-a-week (Thursday & Sunday) - I used to get it on Sunday (any newspaper shop will have it). Not sure if it follows the same twice-a-week routine now, but then it is easy to find out!!

I'll keep a look out for anything in my neighborhood (iron walah / servant-maid, etc) and will let you know if something turns up!!

Cheers mate, no sweat - its a huge city, and it is not difficult to find a good place if we really look for it

Last edited by ph03n!x : 22nd August 2008 at 07:56.
Old 22nd August 2008, 10:40   #33
BHPian

Try to get 'Adayar Times' as well , Loads of Ads from Owners direct . Its a free paper delivered t residents of Adayar, tiruvanmiyur and vicinity.

Let me know if you need me to keep em for you this Sunday.
Old 22nd August 2008, 11:12   #34
BHPian

pho3nix: Thanks will buy it this weekend.

2theMax: Pls keep a copy, I will try to get from Foodworld if not at least can pick it from you.
Old 22nd August 2008, 12:13   #35
BHPian

I am in the same race for an 1 Bhk Apartment as MadbullRam, My budget is even more limited 6-8k and have been enquiring from the past 7 months , nothing to suit my budget in the "city" area. My company has given me a deadline to shift in November and i dont know what is going to happen. Tired of searching.
Old 22nd August 2008, 12:38   #36
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Check with people in your offices. I have seen people being more comfortable with known tenants and hence could charge less. We gave one of our family-friends house to a work-mate in tiruvanmiyur for 8K. Its a 750 Sqft 2 bedroom house.

the market was dictating 10K+
Old 22nd August 2008, 13:08   #37
BHPian

1. Don't ever look through internet sites.
  2. Look at "The Hindu" Saturday or Sunday paper, thousands for rent there.
  3. Look for owners who have directly advertised, not brokers.
  4. go and meet them on the same day morning and finalize, give an advance. Don't wait till Monday. All the cheap or good houses are gone buy then
  1. Don't stay in Alwarpet if possible, that's the costliest area in Chennai.
  2. Suggest that you move to Thiruvanmiyur\Kottivakkam\Palavakkam\Neelangarai on the ECR, much cheaper than the Alwarpet. Very close to OMR as well.
  3. Else move to Valasarawakkam area.
  4. Else Madipakkam.
PS: Adyar times was good a few years back, it is filled with useless-ads nowadays. Freeads is not a great paper for rentals. Suggest again that you get "The Hindu" thus sat\sun.

Last edited by Proxima : 22nd August 2008 at 13:11.
Old 22nd August 2008, 13:38   #38
BHPian

Prox: I buy Hindu regularly thats been my source till now.
Old 22nd August 2008, 13:41   #39
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ph03n!x View Post
Welcome to hunt club - I started on a similar road in January. But then I didn't go to brokers or anything, just kept buying the latest FreeAds paper for about three weeks, and sure enough, I have landed up a place in Besant Nagar, that too right opposite to the beach, for 13k / 1L advance - and it is a 3 BHK, 1300 (approx) Sq Ft.

This is the second place I have got FreeAds' help in about 5 years, and am sure it would work for you too with a bit of patience.
my jaws dropped. i thought it would be atleast 4 times that. whats the current rate in your area? is it around 15k? so there is still a bit of hope really! mixed reports. but quite useful link.
Old 7th September 2008, 22:13   #40
BHPian

Hi all,
Thanks for all your help, after searching a lot and seeing various things, i ended up buying a flat. I bought a flat in velachery 1400 bhk for 60 lakhs . Hoping to renovate and move in by Nov 1.

pls let me know if you know good person to renovate y flat
Old 7th September 2008, 22:43   #41
Senior - BHPian

Now this is a sweet twist! Your house search drove you to but a house!

But your initial post made be read it couple of times - did not know that Chennai was getting soo expensive!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by madbullram View Post
...ended up buying a flat. I bought a flat in velachery 1400 bhk for 60 lakhs ...
You mean, 1400 sqft, right. Else, man you got a palace!

But just to add my experience in house hunting in Bangalore, the first two were thru brokers and paid 1 month advance (literally pushing the monthly rent once pro-rated that cost). The third time, free-advts and word of mouth. Got myself a very nice house with own parking and what not. And I am the first tenant! Couldn't have got luckier!

And about Chennai getting Bangalore'd, well, it is not only Chennai. Head down to Palaghat, and a relative of mine who were staying in the same house for the last 3 years one day found the owner asking them for a deposit - effect of that house owners son working in Bangalore. And finally when they moved out, the owner deducted money for repainting and repair works!
Old 8th September 2008, 09:16   #42
BHPian

Quote:
Hi all,
Thanks for all your help, after searching a lot and seeing various things, i ended up buying a flat. I bought a flat in velachery 1400 bhk for 60 lakhs . Hoping to renovate and move in by Nov 1.

pls let me know if you know good person to renovate y flat
So you took up my suggestion

60L for a second hand flat in velachery? How old is the flat?
Old 8th September 2008, 10:06   #43
BHPian

Please help me Chennai Friends im not able to find any place for me ( 1bhk - Rs 6k - 8k budget) in the city area. I expect to location to be kind of decent with a bike parking atleast. If you guys come across some thing please let me know. I have to shift in November.
Old 8th September 2008, 15:03   #44
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by redrage View Post
Please help me Chennai Friends im not able to find any place for me ( 1bhk - Rs 6k - 8k budget) in the city area. I expect to location to be kind of decent with a bike parking atleast. If you guys come across some thing please let me know. I have to shift in November.
Where in chennai are you relocating to?

Where is your workplace going to be ?
Old 8th September 2008, 16:11   #45
BHPian

Quote:
I bought a flat in velachery 1400 bhk for 60 lakhs

Where in velachery i am also in velachery have you register your flat.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks