Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th March 2009, 14:24   #16
BHPian

I fully empathize with the thread originator.

I have just 'gradudated' to cars. All these years, my bike was my chosen mode of transport. I have ridden my bike to many non-descript locations in North and Central India. The kick I used to get from bike rides is sadly missing in car drives.

Maybe it is the feeling of fresh air on your face, the feeling that I have just the sky over my head setting no limits to where I can go, maybe it is the independence I feel...could be any or all of these.

There have been times when I was watching a boring TV programme at around midnight and suddently decided to go out on a ride for around 300 kms. I once went out for tea to a dhaba outside Indore, spoke to my friend in Bhopal and 3 days later found myself in Simla with him as my pillion.

I especially like the hills. That is where the India I imagine still exists. That is where I can get closes to nature. That is where I can have uninterrupted conversations with my self. And that is where I have found unexpected, pleasant and memorable companions. I once met my ante soul, a girl from Hungary who had done Europe twice on her bike. She was on her way to Sidbari near Dharamshala (HP) to attend the Karma Pa's birthday celebrations.

Even now, I look for opportunities to just take off without plan, thought, rhyme or reason. I am certain that even though I am out of the hills, the hills remain inside me.

And when the calling comes, rest assured that I shall have a long travelogue to share in this forum
Old 12th November 2015, 18:51   #17
BHPian

Re: Driving towards your inner-self

Sorry to bring back such an old topic, probably lost in archive.

I was searching for topic related to handing over the steering to others whenever on a road trip. I find it exhaustive when not been able to drive

Anyone can help me find link to such topics?

Coming back to topic,

Every single word is 100% connected with me. Though its been only 4-5 months since I have started going to job, but this duration is more than sufficient to fall in love with her.

I shifted to place 10km from my company, only 3 km before shifting, just for the sake of driving. Very difficult for others to understand how anyone can enjoy driving in traffic.

Also, since its the start of corporate world for me, hard lonely times are very common, and that's when I actually feel how much my car is linked with my soul. The best and most exciting part of the day is the drive to and from the company! Though sometimes, its fun in the company aswell, since I work in the R and D of an automobile OEM

Just looking for an opportunity for a solo trip to actually take this connection to the next level

Ash.
Old 20th November 2015, 17:49   #18
BHPian

Re: Driving towards your inner-self

Whoa - someone just spoke what i feel with my car.

The vehicle becomes an extension of you. Have you ever worn a heavy watch throughout your life and on the day you dont wear it, you feel naked. Thats the way the car is. You and her complement each other

At the end of a tough day at work, where you have been chased by the office rats and the dogs have barked themselves hoarse, when you sit in the car something overpowers you just like a cosmic connection. Can never be achieved with anything else

I get bored, i drive. i drive. I get stressed, I drive. I drive before a big interview or a big meeting. It just helps me think. I get sleepy during the day i drive. Somehow when the hand meets the steering, the eyes open up and sparkle

My fav is to be up in the mountains in a slight drizzle with the wipers slapping lazily and windows down to let the cold air in and meander like a river on the black asphalt.

On the otherside, maybe its because the car is the one thing you can control in your life to a large extent and that maybe the reason for the theraputic feeling

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks