Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 17th September 2008, 12:53   #1
GTO
Team-BHP Support

The best Web design house?

Which is the absolute best web design house in India? Or someone with an outstanding flair for design & site functionality? Budget is not a consideration.

Thanks for your help!
Old 17th September 2008, 13:39   #2
Distinguished - BHPian

In this case GTO, if I was you and budget was no consideration, I would not go to a web design house. I would go to an ad agency and let them work with web designers.

Most large format ad agencies (I'm talking HTA, Lintas, Gray and O&M level) have a web cell, where they will understand your requirements and design something the way you want it.
Old 17th September 2008, 13:58   #3
Senior - BHPian

If you don't mind me asking, why does it have to be Indian?
Old 17th September 2008, 13:59   #4
BHPian

These guys seem to know what they are doing. Their profile seems to be good and read that the Creative Director, was the brain behind the Maruti Campaign with the cute boy saying "Papa ki karan.... Petrol Kathm nahin hunda!

Magic Mushroom
more details of theirs in this site: Web Designing Company Delhi | Web Promotion Delhi | Web Site Design Delhi | Web Site Designing Services Delhi - WebShree

This is for your info, and this just came out of a web search on reading your query and going through some sites.
Old 17th September 2008, 14:17   #5
BHPian

Since budget is not a constraint, i think our own desi service firms like TCS, Infy, CTS can also be considered.
Old 17th September 2008, 15:20   #6
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Which is the absolute best web design house in India? Or someone with an outstanding flair for design & site functionality? Budget is not a consideration.

Thanks for your help!
Can't say that it is the best design house in India, but its owner is certainly one of the most creative persons I have ever met. My friend, Anand Wanjape.

His company's name is : 'No Worries Ad-Venture'.

: Noworries :

Last edited by CaAT : 17th September 2008 at 15:21.
Old 17th September 2008, 16:29   #7
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi View Post
I would go to an ad agency and let them work with web designers.
Thanks Sam. But I really need to sit down with the web designer directly. On a frequented basis. I recently contacted a third party who remained the buffer between me and the designer, it was not a good experience. I don't see the value-add of an ad agency in between since I am very clear about my requirements.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pranavt View Post
If you don't mind me asking, why does it have to be Indian?
Yup, generally isn't a problem. In fact, the Team-BHP portal was designed by someone from Europe. However, as per my earlier lines in the post, this is going to be a project that will require a lot of brainstorm meets. My first choice would be someone from Mumbai city itself. I like DzineGarage's work but they insist on using their own proprietary CMS + Hosting. That's ridiculous. Either ways, would you know of any fab international designers?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaAT View Post
His company's name is : 'No Worries Ad-Venture'.

: Noworries :
Thanks. Will check them out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhiman View Post
Since budget is not a constraint, i think our own desi service firms like TCS, Infy, CTS can also be considered.
TCS & Infy do web designs?! Budget is no restriction, but I doubt they'd be able to serve the unique needs of a small organisation like mine.
Old 17th September 2008, 16:41   #8
BHPian

If the website is e-commerce related, you can try this also. Heard they have designed websites for online travel agencies. Business Solutions,Ecommerce Business Solutions,Business Application Development,E Business Solutions
Old 17th September 2008, 17:03   #9
Team-BHP Support

Try to find the guys who designed MTV portal. They used drupal(so no issues of support if they fold up) and the site looks pretty slick.
Whoever you go with, make sure you are not stuck with some obscure CMS because later support can be an issue/pain
Old 17th September 2008, 17:15   #10
Senior - BHPian

I can help you out with a Technical Web guy,whom you can discuss your requirment,as well as flash solutions,and mould it the way you want too,rest if anything required in 3D modelling/animation/interaction part i can help you out in that..do let me know cheers

Ramie
Old 17th September 2008, 17:21   #11
BHPian

There are a few in Bangalore. A close friend of mine (who is a member of team-bhp, but seldom logs in) who used to work at Ray and Kesha.... He is a freelance designer now and can work closely with you.
Old 18th September 2008, 12:26   #12
BHPian

Check out sites like Deviantart where freelancers host their work. Some of them are top class designers and maybe you can finalize one of them.
Old 18th September 2008, 18:01   #13
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemanthisgreat View Post
If the website is e-commerce related, you can try this also.
Thanks, but I checked their designs and found them very unappealing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
Try to find the guys who designed MTV portal.
Dude, the MTV India site is pretty slick. Crowded but slick. How does one find out who designed it? No credits whatsoever. Wouldn't MTV have an inhouse design team?

Quote:
I can help you out with a Technical Web guy,whom you can discuss your requirment,as well as flash solutions,and mould it the way you want too,rest if anything required in 3D modelling/animation/interaction part i can help you out in that..do let me know cheers

Ramie
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neel View Post
There are a few in Bangalore. A close friend of mine (who is a member of team-bhp, but seldom logs in) who used to work at Ray and Kesha.... He is a freelance designer now and can work closely with you.
Can you guys post their contact details here itself? It could help someone who's looking for a designer in the future. Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalpeshc View Post
Check out sites like Deviantart where freelancers host their work. Some of them are top class designers and maybe you can finalize one of them.
On my way to Deviant!
Old 18th September 2008, 18:10   #14
BHPian

what kind of website you r looking for?
Old 18th September 2008, 18:16   #15
Senior - BHPian

QuickSilver is into this business I guess.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks