Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th September 2008, 12:27   #16
Senior - BHPian

I can't figure out why this thread is not in "Shifting Gears".

Even harder to figure out how it is even remotely connected to the Nano.
Old 24th September 2008, 12:32   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suman View Post

It should be under shifting gears, and what i was able to deduce form the posts was that maybe, the company supplied parts to Tata for the nano.
Old 24th September 2008, 12:37   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyWheels View Post
To add to this, we have the Union Industry Minister blaming the management of the company for this incident. He says that the management should have looked at ways of bringing back the employees who were fired and not provoke them un-necessarly!!!
It just goes to show that money power alone is not enough. Businesses need political and muscle power. Sad state of affairs.

Condolences to the Chaudhry family.

@Amien - please verify/double check your information before posting.

Last edited by MaserQ : 24th September 2008 at 12:40.
Old 24th September 2008, 12:40   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suman View Post

Exactly my thoughts. I read this in the newspaper today. There was no mention of this company being a supplier to NANO.
Old 24th September 2008, 13:30   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ananthkamath View Post
Amien, I hope you don't have a reading disability, or did you do this just to grab attention to this thread? The deceased is in no way related to Tata except for being a supplier. Please exercise some discretion, this is not a tabloid newspaper for god's sake.
Well, apologies are in order, my bad. And no, i don't attribute it to a reading disability, maybe sleep deprivation.
Not related to TATA except for being a supplier? uhm , no i think that makes it related to TATA, to Nano and the whole thing.
Im extremely sorry that i coudn't live up to your high standards.

@Mods
Thanks a ton for the correction.

@Thread
An Indian CEO of a foreign company got beaten to death on Indian soil by Indians. Frankly if this issue doesn't concern you, you ought to be ashamed.

Last edited by Amien : 24th September 2008 at 13:34.
Old 24th September 2008, 13:35   #21
Senior - BHPian

Condolances to the mans fmaily.

This is a great advert for investing in India especially with the ministry trying to justify what happened instead of ensuring those who murdered the CEO were bought to book.

This shows the rent a mob mentality that pervails in certain sections of society.
Old 24th September 2008, 19:40   #22
Senior - BHPian

Graziano is the same company that supplies manual transmissions to Ferraris and Lamborghinis.
Old 24th September 2008, 19:47   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpower View Post
Graziano is the same company that supplies manual transmissions to Ferraris and Lamborghinis.
Wow, i wasn't aware of that. Only a miracle will get them to invest in India again after this.

More from the same source:-

Could the police have saved the Chaudhary’s life? Reports suggest just two policemen arrived, an hour after they were called by the plant employees.

“I called the police but they came after 45 minutes. Even when inspector came, there were only five constables,” says an employee.

The statement says the police reached the spot only after the trouble-makers fled. Oerlikon Graziano's CEO Marcello Lamberto, in an official statement released by the company from Italy, said, "This is by no means a regular labour conflict but is truly criminal action. Oerlikon Group is close to the family of Mr Chaudhary in this terrible moment and it should be noted that we obtained court order that the striking employees should stay beyond 300 m away from the factory."

Meanwhile, Confederation of Indian Industries has condemned LK Chaudhary's killing. (Say goodbye to a lot of potential foreign investment.)
Old 24th September 2008, 20:38   #24
Senior - BHPian

The CII stepped in after a horrible comment by the Labour Minister that the "CEO's death should serve as warning for managements"

'CEO death should serve as warning for managements'-India-The Times of India

He later apologized after a swarm of comments from industry, observers and even the public:

Oscar Fernandes apologises for justifying CEO's murder-India-The Times of India

All this happened this morning - how come we're still debating about Tata in this ? Got nothing whatsoever to do with them.
Old 24th September 2008, 21:58   #25
BHPian

"CEO's death should serve as warning for managements"? What? Elaborate please :|
Old 25th September 2008, 02:45   #26
Senior - BHPian

Who ever made that statement is a Fool (Oscar Fernandez). The CEO's death should serve as a warning to the Government and the Police that if they don't improve the law and order situation then foriegn companies and their investment will run away from India in the direction of China.

Maybe next time instead of protesting against the government, the public should just beat him up.

Last edited by Mpower : 25th September 2008 at 02:46.
Old 25th September 2008, 06:16   #27
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amien View Post
Well, apologies are in order, my bad. And no, i don't attribute it to a reading disability, maybe sleep deprivation.
Not related to TATA except for being a supplier? uhm , no i think that makes it related to TATA, to Nano and the whole thing.
Im extremely sorry that i coudn't live up to your high standards.
Glad you understand. Tata has nothing to do with this and neither does the nano project. This is purely a tussle between labor and management of a company that happens to supply to Tata among other companies. So please, you are at fault here for showing it in a different light for whatever reason. Oh wait, you already apologized didn't you?
Old 25th September 2008, 10:09   #28
Senior - BHPian

CEO's Death - Nano.... I am still unable to understand what's the co-relation between them. It is something about a murder, that too an alarming one.
Old 25th September 2008, 10:16   #29
BHPian

What was oscar fernandez thinking. His statement was almost legalizing mob fury and public lynching. Our neta's are not capable of anything atleast they should know when to keep their mouth shut. I am sure his statement are going to make the foreign investors think twice about investing in India. His apologies may be a little bit too late.
Old 25th September 2008, 18:31   #30
Distinguished - BHPian

Completely agree.

He has his entire working life as labour minister to work towards better labour relations. If he believes that, in general, employees should be treated decently, then good for him; so do I. But to mention in connection with this incident is plain stupid, disrespectful to the family, and utterly out of touch with respect for basic law and order.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks