Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th September 2008, 16:05   #1
BHPian

Need help from Gurgaon members on House hunt

I will be shifting(tentative) to Gurgaon next month. need some basic info on gurgaon:
Which is a good area to live in?
What are the kind of rentals for a 2BHK in Gurgaon -preferably an apartment complex with some facilities and parking.
Look forward to the replies, I am totally clueless on Gurgaon.
Please provide some info

Last edited by METISWHG : 24th September 2008 at 16:06.
Old 24th September 2008, 16:22   #2
Senior - BHPian

What's your Budget like, mate? We can then start pouring in the suggestions
Old 24th September 2008, 16:26   #3
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suman View Post
What's your Budget like, mate? We can then start pouring in the suggestions
Budget will be around 12K to 18K max. 18 is max- i dont want to spend like i spent in bangalore
My office will be at Sohna Road, but i can travle a bit if the acco is good and safe.
Old 24th September 2008, 16:28   #4
Senior - BHPian

Bro, there are lots of apartments coming up on the Sohna road and dont worry its not as crazy in Bangalore . No 10 months rent and crazy rents. I am sure you will get a lot of suggestions soon.
Old 24th September 2008, 16:32   #5
Senior - BHPian

Hi,
I have lived both in HUDA colony(Sector 17A-IFFCO Colony) and private builder colony(DLF Ph III).
My experience with DLF Ph III has been nothing short of a nightmare. There is no electricity for more than half the day, severe water shortage, garbage dumping all around etc.
In contrast, IFFCO Colony Sector 17-A has been a better experience. No shortage of water and electricity, decent roads and garbage collection good.
The only downside of HUDA sectors is that there is comparatively lesser security. But in my case, Sec 17 is a colony of retired Bureaucrats. Army officials. There is very tight security in this sector atleast.
The one point to note is that you are less likely to find an independent flat (as in high rise builder apartments) in HUDA sectors, so you might have to adjust with the landlord living beside you.

Rent in sector 17 is 6-8k for 1 BHK, 10-15k for 2 BHK and 20-25k for 3BHK.

Last edited by DCEite : 24th September 2008 at 16:35.
Old 24th September 2008, 16:38   #6
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by METISWHG View Post
preferably an apartment complex with some facilities and parking.
Quote:
Budget will be around 12K to 18K max. 18 is max- i dont want to spend like i spent in bangalore
My office will be at Sohna Road, but i can travle a bit if the acco is good and safe.
Well, I think you should be able to get accommodation in DLF Phase V with power backup etc if you stretch it a bit - there will be cheaper options on Sohna Road but the DLF apartment blocks are a little better administered I feel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCEite View Post
My experience with DLF Ph III has been nothing short of a nightmare. There is no electricity for more than half the day, severe water shortage, garbage dumping all around etc.
You have been staying in Independant houses, correct? In a DLF high rise with 100% power back up & water, I think it would be a better experience. Just my opinion though, based on my experience for the past couple of years, it could vary.

Last edited by suman : 24th September 2008 at 16:40.
Old 24th September 2008, 17:10   #7
Senior - BHPian

I used to stay in Garden Estate (opp Gilette building) one of the loveliest places. All facilities , very secure and 100% power back up including AC's . Unfortunately this would be out of your budget (25+ minimum for a 2 bhk if u are lucky).
DLF Carlton and Hamilton are also good places with power backup. Not too sure how the rents would be now though.

Gurgaon has huge power cuts so look only for places with 100% back up.

Last edited by sammyboy : 24th September 2008 at 17:11.
Old 24th September 2008, 17:13   #8
BHPian

I think you can get a good 2 BHK in today's apartments. Its very close to Sohna Road and 100% power backup is also available. Let me talk to my friend, who is putting up in the same society and update you shortly.
Old 24th September 2008, 20:10   #9
Senior - BHPian

If your office is Sohna Road, look NO FARTHER than SOUTH CITY-II. I can guide you to a second floor 3bhk currently going at 10k pm no brokerage.

It is quite a decent place, but a bit bad if you dont have your own vehicle.

India Gulf Dubai Real Estate India Properties - Property in India Sell Buy Rent Commercial & Residential and 99acres are your best friends. there's a uppal property there as well. same rate 10k 3bhk.
Old 24th September 2008, 21:03   #10
Distinguished - BHPian

Metiswhg, i am into real estate but i dont have much of rental options, drop in anytime ill show you whatever limited options i have ill be more than happy to assist you,i am PMing you my office address and phone number.

Last edited by .anshuman : 24th September 2008 at 21:06.
Old 25th September 2008, 01:28   #11
BHPian

Welcome

Hey Fella
Welcome to the Millenium City
. Finding an apartment here would not be a problem within the budget you have. It's the place which you should like. The major problem that Gurgaon suffers is that of Electricity. There are times when there's no electricity for 2 days and there's little that an inverter can do at times. So it makes sense to go in for a society which offers power back up. Pricing for the back-up though is for around 11 to 12 Rs. Per unit. South City 2 is a decent place to stay but there are blocks, which have no power back-up, hence avoid. However, bang-opposite the place there are a couple of decent societies, such as Nirvana County (Unitech) Rosewood City( Eros) and Mayfield Gardens. These are quite close (5minutes) from sohna Road so commuting to work should not be a problem. If you don't have your own car (which would be weird as u're on tbhp ) u can always arrange something with the local cab guy. That being said, Sohna is yet to develop completely viz-a-viz in comparasion with places developed by DLF, so you will find certain infrastructure problems, such as Potholed roads etc but nothing that you can't survive about. So, land here, put up in the company guest house and look around for a couple of days. With lotsa property blokes, espcially on the sohna road, i'm certain you'll find your haven. Just make sure it's an apartment and not an independent house.

Looking forward for seeing you in gurgaon. maybe that'll be a good excuse for us to have a gurgaon meet or a meet in gurgaon

Cheers!
M2S
Old 25th September 2008, 12:55   #12
BHPian

Thanks for the replies. they really helped me make up my mind better.
I am still in discussions with the company, though more or less sure to join.

Suman, DCEITE - DLF does look good, did some net search on it. hope there are some good deals these DLF ones.
Phamilyman - 3 bhk for 10K sounds too good. will really need to see the place, though bit hesitant without public transport (taxi/auto) services.
M2S - thanks for the detailed info on sohna road, before this job discussion i had only heard of Sohna as a brand of Ghee or something, so was quite surprised when company address was sohna road.
Wiredo's do exist - I dont have a car right now.
Sold sometime back, will need to buy one in gurgaon.

And thanks to all for telling me about electricty and water issues - didnt have a clue about them. hopefully will meet at some bhp meet, in a month or two from now.
Old 25th September 2008, 16:37   #13
BHPian

Quote:
Phamilyman - 3 bhk for 10K sounds too good. will really need to see the place, though bit hesitant without public transport (taxi/auto) services.
Wiredo's do exist - I dont have a car right now.
Sold sometime back, will need to buy one in gurgaon.

Sorry to disappoint you but public transport in gurgaon is as good as Tata's chances of rolling out a Nano in singur. Advise you to get your own vehicle. I believe Delhi-NCR members can help you in case you want to buy a second hand one. The only issue will be transferring that in your name.

In case you need help on second hand car dealor, from where you can get a genuine deal & who can help you in transferring the papers in your name, do let me know. I know a chap who is quite honest & good in his dealings (though a honest second hand car dealor sounds alien to all of us).

& yes enjoy your stay in Gurgaon.

Last edited by pankaj_sachdeva : 25th September 2008 at 16:42.
Old 25th September 2008, 17:50   #14
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pankaj_sachdeva View Post
Sorry to disappoint you but public transport in gurgaon is as good as Tata's chances of rolling out a Nano in singur. Advise you to get your own vehicle. I believe Delhi-NCR members can help you in case you want to buy a second hand one. The only issue will be transferring that in your name.

In case you need help on second hand car dealor, from where you can get a genuine deal & who can help you in transferring the papers in your name, do let me know. I know a chap who is quite honest & good in his dealings (though a honest second hand car dealor sounds alien to all of us).

& yes enjoy your stay in Gurgaon.
i did miss a flight once due to lack of public transport, but i was hoping it has improved. Would avoid second hand unless i get a good Fiat Adventure (always wanted to buy oneof that) and anything else in diesel which is available with your recomended dealer. will surely PM once i end up there in November some time.
Old 25th September 2008, 23:37   #15
Senior - BHPian

boss,

without own vehicle ANYTHING in gurgaon is terrible. Forget house, buy a car the first four five days.

Its not rocket science even now there are places in 10k types.
Gurgaon Properties, Properties in Gurgaon, South City II, Rent, Real Estate Residential Apartment in Gurgaon - 99acres.com was the place I mentioned. LOVELY but without power backup.
Gurgaon Properties, Properties in Gurgaon, Sohna Road, Rent, Real Estate Residential Apartment in Gurgaon - 99acres.com is the other one - shah saab i had called - would be getting free this weekend.

etyadis.....

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks