Team-BHP - The "Provident Fund" Thread
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Shifting gears (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifting-gears/)
-   -   The "Provident Fund" Thread (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifting-gears/46474-provident-fund-thread-54.html)

Normally I find interest being credited only in August this year. This year, I just checked and was surprised to see that my PF contributions for April and May salaries are not showing up yet. I will try to contact the PF office in Hyderabad tomorrow.

Can we raise grievances with EPFO for organisations with own PF trust (exempted)?

Quote:

Originally Posted by bluevolt (Post 4610020)
Can we raise grievances with EPFO for organisations with own PF trust (exempted)?

You can contact the regional Regional Provident Fund Commissioner, if you have already raised a grievance with the trust/employer, and they haven't provided a satisfactory solution.

https://www.livemint.com/Money/f6vCh...et-errors.html

How do we open PPF account through HDFC bank netbanking? After logging in, I do not see an option to open the account.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Latheesh (Post 4630967)
How do we open PPF account through HDFC bank netbanking? After logging in, I do not see an option to open the account.

From HDFC site: The process to open a PPF account Online.I checked this. It works.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ValarMorghulis (Post 4630980)
I checked this. It works.

Can you please post a screenshot after logging in to netbanking? I do not see it!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Latheesh (Post 4630989)
Can you please post a screenshot after logging in to netbanking? I do not see it!

Attached. You can also check the "Offers" section if it is not under accounts.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Latheesh (Post 4630989)

You can go to OFFERS tab, you will find it along with other loan offers.

KK

Quote:

Originally Posted by Latheesh (Post 4630967)

I would strongly suggest you to open your PPF account with a scheduled govt bank ( SBI / PNB or nearest post office ). There is a bit of hassle in account opening but thats your life's savings at the end of day.

Quote:

Originally Posted by .sushilkumar (Post 4631058)
I would strongly suggest you to open your PPF account with a scheduled govt bank ( SBI / PNB or nearest post office ). There is a bit of hassle in account opening but thats your life's savings at the end of day.

My understanding is that while pvt banks like HDFC opens a PPF account for you, they are just facilitators and the money is still guaranteed by the govt. Its not only while opening the account, with the PSU banks one has to live with their substandard services throughout. Of course, not that the private banks are glorious in comparison.

Quote:

Originally Posted by hothatchaway (Post 4631122)
My understanding is that while pvt banks like HDFC opens a PPF account for you, they are just facilitators and the money is still guaranteed by the govt. Its not only while opening the account, with the PSU banks one has to live with their substandard services throughout. Of course, not that the private banks are glorious in comparison.

Correct but what happens if this facilitator itself is gone. Govt banks may be horrible for their services but if you are investing your life savings you got to see beyond small inconvenience.

What’s the opinion on PPF account from post office? Even post office have started offering online account and they also have mobile apps, IMPS fund transfer.

Quote:

Originally Posted by arvindmanju (Post 4631315)
What’s the opinion on PPF account from post office? Even post office have started offering online account and they also have mobile apps, IMPS fund transfer.

I have had post office PPF for the last several years, it was a royal pain until last year where I have to make deposits in cash. This year, I have used their IPPB mobile app for depositing my PPF for this year. They were super fast in creating an IPPB account as well. However, I am unable see the PPF account online yet. Only able to deposit.

Banks must be more convenient, post office services have improved, but still many kinks exist.

For those who invest in EPF, has your last year's interest gotten credited into your accounts yet? Could you please check and let me know.

Quote:

Originally Posted by rovingeye (Post 4647393)
For those who invest in EPF, has your last year's interest gotten credited into your accounts yet? Could you please check and let me know.

Its not yet credited for me.