Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th January 2018, 15:48   #616
Senior - BHPian

Re: The "Provident Fund" Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakshar View Post
Hi Shreyas,

I have not faced the issue. However, you may please raise the query in their online portal or raise an online RTI. You will get a revert in 20 days.
Was your PF account PY/KRP? If so that is the one near the KR Puram. If it was BG/BNG that PF office is on Miller's Road somewhere.

Just take your PF paperwork and ID proof that shows your gender (passport) / aadhaar and go to the PF office concerned, and ask at the enquiry counter.

You shouldn't ideally need an RTI for this.
Old 12th January 2018, 10:54   #617
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hserus View Post
Was your PF account PY/KRP? If so that is the one near the KR Puram. If it was BG/BNG that PF office is on Miller's Road somewhere.
It was PY/BOM if I remember right. Guess I will need to go to Bommanahalli and ask around there. Thanks!
Old 12th January 2018, 14:32   #618
Oxy
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shreyascashyap View Post
It was PY/BOM if I remember right. Guess I will need to go to Bommanahalli and ask around there. Thanks!
That's Bommasandra (near Electronic City), not Bommanahalli.
Old 12th January 2018, 15:01   #619
Senior - BHPian

I have a questions for the experts. I have a difference in my name in my Adhar and My passport, My passport has expansions of my initials and the adhar has my initials, My PF account has my name as it appears in my passport.

I got a message some months back asking me to link my Adhar to my PF account and when I tired, it said it cannot link it as there is a difference in my name.

My question is what should be the procedure to link my adhar to PF account since it cannot be done online?

What happens if I don't link them? I know they will delink my account, but why? My Pan and adhar are linked, My pan is linked with my PF account. All other things are linked, can't they make their system to interact with each other so they know who I am?

PS: I am getting regular messages of deposits into my PF account.

Linking all these things with each other is getting really frustrating

Pramod

Last edited by pramodkumar : 12th January 2018 at 15:03.
Old 12th January 2018, 16:11   #620
BHPian

Happy to report that I've managed to transfer PF from my old account to new account after almost 4 years.

When I switched employers and filed for a transfer in 2013, there was a mistake in the new account name. The Mumbai PF office (old office) still transferred the balance while the Delhi EPFO (new office) rejected it. Since then, the balance was stuck in limbo with both offices denying responsibility. Being in Delhi, I had no idea what is happening.

Thanks to the online grievance system, I could figure out that Delhi EPFO rejected the balance and issued a document against it. Collected that through another grievance and submitted it to Mumbai EPFO. Mumbai office then wanted more documents and there were parallel grievance requests. All in all, I filed about 9 grievances over 14 months to finally get the balance credited to the new account. God bless whoever initiating the e-grievance platform!
Old 19th January 2018, 20:47   #621
Senior - BHPian

I recently changed jobs and while I try to do an online transfer of my existing PF account to the my new account, it says the details do not match. On both the accounts, my last name is missing however the same is present in my aadhar and PAN. While the aadhar did get verified, the PAN isn't getting verified. What are my options?
Old 30th January 2018, 13:43   #622
BHPian

Just for fellow Bhpians information

There was a name mismatch between my EPF and Aadhar. I requested the name change through online portal with the help of my employer and it only took one month for the change to be approved and reflected in my account.

Impressed with the online facility and response time.
Old 30th January 2018, 14:28   #623
BHPian

Hi Guys, need some help here. I had changed jobs two years back from Mumbai to Bangalore. Current PF account is in KRPURAM. Now after numerous follow ups for transfer of balance, I got to know that Annexure K was not issued by previous PF office. This i got done too in November end. Payroll guy for previous organisation who was helping me with this told that now new PF office has to process and post that the amount will reflect in New passbook. Can anyone tell me what else can I do for this? It has been two years and still the amount does not show in New passbook but shows transferred out in old passbook.
Old 30th January 2018, 15:41   #624
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raaj.bhalla View Post
Hi Guys, need some help here. I had changed jobs two years back from Mumbai to Bangalore. Current PF account is in KRPURAM. Now after numerous follow ups for transfer of balance, I got to know that Annexure K was not issued by previous PF office. This i got done too in November end. Payroll guy for previous organisation who was helping me with this told that now new PF office has to process and post that the amount will reflect in New passbook. Can anyone tell me what else can I do for this? It has been two years and still the amount does not show in New passbook but shows transferred out in old passbook.
File an online grievance with both old and new PF offices. Attach the Annexure K along with it. You'll get updates regarding your grievance in your email.
Old 31st January 2018, 16:20   #625
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shashant View Post
Just for fellow Bhpians information

There was a name mismatch between my EPF and Aadhar. I requested the name change through online portal with the help of my employer and it only took one month for the change to be approved and reflected in my account.

Impressed with the online facility and response time.
Thanks for this information. Even I have the same problem and was wondering how to rectify this. After seeing your post here, i raised the request in the portal yesterday and I can already see that my employer has accepted the change. Now the status shown is "Pending at BANGALORE field office".
Once this is completed, I need to do AADHAAR and PAN linking to my UAN.
Old 31st January 2018, 16:30   #626
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nonstop-driver View Post
File an online grievance with both old and new PF offices. Attach the Annexure K along with it. You'll get updates regarding your grievance in your email.
Thanks. But before I could do it another problem came to light. I just realized that the new PF account number (to which the amount had to be transferred) in annexure K is incorrect. One digit is mismatched. This was offline claim. Now how do I sort this out? Has the amount been transferred to some other account even if the name would have been different? If it was returned, then what is the process to be followed? One thing to be noted that claim status shows settled already and amount transferred out from the old passbook.

What should be the next course of action for me?
Old 1st February 2018, 10:18   #627
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raaj.bhalla View Post
Thanks. But before I could do it another problem came to light. I just realized that the new PF account number (to which the amount had to be transferred) in annexure K is incorrect. One digit is mismatched. This was offline claim. Now how do I sort this out? Has the amount been transferred to some other account even if the name would have been different? If it was returned, then what is the process to be followed? One thing to be noted that claim status shows settled already and amount transferred out from the old passbook.

What should be the next course of action for me?
I was in the exact same position. When I filed the original transfer application manually, the new account number had an error.

My old PF office (Mumbai) showed the transfer as settled but the new office (Delhi) rejected it. Mumbai got the refund but they never credited it to my account. I had to file a series of grievances to understand where the fund is lying now and which office needs to reconcile their records.

I'd suggest you start from your old office. File a grievance to understand the status of the transfer. Then approach the new office, attach the Annexure K and ask them a copy of the rejection. File that to old office and ask them to check if a refund was ever received. If not, ask the old office to send cheque number by which refund was initiated. Use that to make your old office credit the amount back to your old account and then file a fresh transfer claim.
Old 1st February 2018, 21:53   #628
BHPian

I had a question on withdrawal of PF for house construction. I am planning to demolish my current house next year and start construction of a new house. Can I withdraw PF for this? Are there any conditions? Thanks in advance.
Old 2nd February 2018, 06:22   #629
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shivasuma View Post
I had a question on withdrawal of PF for house construction. I am planning to demolish my current house next year and start construction of a new house. Can I withdraw PF for this? Are there any conditions? Thanks in advance.
Yes you can. The rules are here. https://www.ndtv.com/business/epf-ad...thdraw-1773662
Old 16th February 2018, 23:41   #630
BHPian

I need some advise.
I have a PPF account with SBI Bank.
It is currently on its 18th year - extended for 5 years after the stipulated 15 years.
I wish to make a premature withdrawl. I do not wish to take a loan against the amount in my PPF account. Amount that is withdrawn will be used for property purchase.

a) What percentage of my PPF balance can I withdraw.
I understand that the balance on 31st Mar 2017 will be the datum that will be used for calculation of the amount I can withdraw.

b) How easy is it to deal with SBI with regard to premature withdrawl.

Thanks in advance for your help and suggestions on how to go about doing this.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks