Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th October 2008, 13:33   #16
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
Credit cards --- do you have the need for unsecured loans at exorbitant rates of interest? If not, forget them!
Can't avoid them in India.

Charge cards are still not available here (Amex has one, but marketed only to corporates).

And Debit cards do not have security measures (as in if it is misused you loose the money and have to wait till the issue is resolved to get money back, with credit card you reversal is quick in case of misuse).

EDIT : Use a credit card, but NEVER pay interest; use it as a charge card
Old 7th October 2008, 15:05   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgginish View Post
Hi All,

I have received a call from ICICI bank offering free imint card with my ICICI credit card. Can any body tell about its features? Is that worh to go ahead?
Sir , you dont have a choice...ICICI guys now transfer all your loyalty points to Imint .I have got some mundane things like shampoos from Imint.it has a low selection of products but the services are good.

Moderator's Note: Do not use excessive dots to punctuate your post
Old 7th October 2008, 22:20   #18
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NetfreakBombay View Post
Can't avoid them in India.

Charge cards are still not available here (Amex has one, but marketed only to corporates).

And Debit cards do not have security measures (as in if it is misused you loose the money and have to wait till the issue is resolved to get money back, with credit card you reversal is quick in case of misuse).

EDIT : Use a credit card, but NEVER pay interest; use it as a charge card
OK, I confess...

Signed up for an Indian credit card after an absolute farce of an experience trying to book a domestic flight --- with an Indian bank card or a UK credit card.

I think they are probably hard to avoid if you want to shop online too.

But experience from earlier life of getting into debt with them -->
Old 18th October 2008, 23:51   #19
BHPian

I have been trying to login unsuccessfully into the imint website for months; and even after raising a compaint or two, there is just loads of apache server error text that shows up.

If this is any indication of the service and seriousness...
Old 16th December 2008, 16:49   #20
BHPian

i got my imint card more than a year ago when i signed up for an icici savings account. it was tied to my debit card. didn't have an icici credit card then. have linked the card to my airtel bill and it is automatically linked to my debit card. so the points for any of those two payments get credited to imint. hp guys have no idea abotu what it is but have accumulated points on it at makemytrip.com and lifestyle as well. makemytrip gets me the maximum points since purchases are usually in thousands . am gonna try and redeem those points now so let's see how that goes.

recently when i got an icici credit card they sent me another imint card on their own, i called imint and they linked my old imint card to the credit card as well and asked me to throw away the new one.

on credit cards. i have had experience in using three of them. citibank, icici and bank of maharashtra. i have always used the three of them as charge cards only and never had the need to call their customer care either, so am happy with all three of them
Old 11th October 2013, 17:42   #21
Senior - BHPian

Re: Anybody using i-mint card?

So I think this thread has not been touched upon in recent past ...
I have had quite an incident with the imint / payback card.

I shopped at Pune Central on 6th Oct (sunday), the guy at the counter asked for my imint/payback card to add points.
I gave the card, little realizing the mischief.

Yesterday (10 Oct) I got an sms from Payback stating that I have redeemed some 13000 points at Pune Central at 9 am. I talked to the customer care and logged a complaint to get my points back ... looks like someone misused my imint card at Pune central.

But the point is that the pay counter guys can utilize your cards to buy items for himself the way it has been done in my case.
Be careful.
Old 11th October 2013, 18:52   #22
Oxy
BHPian

^^ Clear case of cheating and fraud.

Go to the store again, get hold of the fellow and raise hell. Tell him you are a lawyer and threaten to sue his pants off under IPC section 420.

If he then is keen on a compromise, extract money from him equivalent to or more than the value of the points.

These crooks only learn the hard way.
Old 19th May 2014, 16:40   #23
BHPian

Reviving a older thread.
I have this Payback card and wish to redeem the points I have collected so far. Is there any hidden charges in it like shipping/handling ?
Old 19th May 2014, 17:12   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dre@ms View Post
Reviving a older thread.
I have this Payback card and wish to redeem the points I have collected so far. Is there any hidden charges in it like shipping/handling ?
The redemption is absolutely free!!!! I've redeemed twice before. You will have to track your purchase as i found the online status update in the website is inaccurate. I had my goods delivered while the status still showed that it was under process.. All the best!!!
Old 19th May 2014, 19:30   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dre@ms View Post
Reviving a older thread.
If your payback card is linked to ICICI bank, then do the redemption fast.

I am pasting relevant portions from mail recieved from ICICI bank :

Important Information on your ICICI Bank Rewards Programs
Kindly note that with effect from June 12, 2014, a Redemption Handling Fee plus Service Tax* will be charged on every redemption request for reward points earned on ICICI Bank Credit Cards, Debit Cards or MySavingsRewards.

For Credit Card, Debit Card and MySavingsRewards members on PAYBACK Rewards Scheme:
Catalogue based redemptions: A Redemption Handling Fee of ₹99 + Service Tax will be levied on each redemption. To view the catalogue, please click here.

Online and in-store redemptions: A Redemption Handling Fee of ₹25 + Service Tax will be levied on each redemption. For the complete list of PAYBACK Partner Brands, please click here.
Old 21st July 2014, 15:13   #26
BHPian

Update:
I was having many payback numbers and one payback card from Bigbazaar. Request made to Payback to merge all into one and it was done instantaneously.
Received a mailer from them last week stating that every month there would be some pints getting expired. Was searching for the last 2 days to identify a product for redemption. Finally opted for 16GB pen drive and while redeeming, it didn't go through.

After much googling, used the points to purchase an iPad 2 case.

Cost of the case is 999 and the points redeemed are 3396. But in payback site, the Sandisk 16GB pen drive was for 3200 points and we can get this drive outside for 250. Overall I am now a happy soul of using the points for the right product.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks