Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th October 2008, 15:54   #1
BHPian

Anybody using i-mint card?

Hi All,

I have received a call from ICICI bank offering free imint card with my ICICI credit card. Can any body tell about its features? Is that worh to go ahead?
Old 6th October 2008, 16:21   #2
Senior - BHPian

Its better than you consult the ICICI on their hotline number and get avail of the features.
Old 6th October 2008, 16:29   #3
Senior - BHPian

Nothing great - you can add points on the imint card when you shop at Lifestyle stores and pay bills for Airtel and some petrol pumps.

You can skip it - I feel.
Old 6th October 2008, 16:33   #4
BANNED

Yeah worthless card, you have to swipe it separately.
Old 6th October 2008, 17:06   #5
Distinguished - BHPian

You will not miss anything. More a pain to carry it around, have the guys swipe this card before you use your ICICI cards - and most times the guys at the merchant's counter dont know what is this card & how it is used.

OT, but the Shoppers Stop FC card is another such p.o.s. - an insulting 0.7% bonus on your purchases !
Old 6th October 2008, 17:23   #6
Senior - BHPian

Nothing great. Just a stupid add on card which has not been explained well enough to merchants, like most of the other such cards on the market.

Case in point - IOC Xtra Rewards card - Most of the IOC pumps that I have been to in Mumbai do not have the swipe machine for the card.

OT - Stay away from ICICI credit card anyday. Choose Citibank as it is also free for life (most of their cards) and Better (telephonic) customer care, Decent reward points program, Choice in payment options, Almost error free billing - what more do you want?
Old 6th October 2008, 17:43   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgginish View Post
Hi All,

I have received a call from ICICI bank offering free imint card with my ICICI credit card. Can any body tell about its features? Is that worh to go ahead?
Does i-mint card come along with bank credit cards only? The other day I pulled out my car into a HP petrol bunk and the billing guy asked me if I would be interested in the i-mint card!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nishantgandhi View Post
Nothing great. Just a stupid add on card which has not been explained well enough to merchants, like most of the other such cards on the market.

Case in point - IOC Xtra Rewards card - Most of the IOC pumps that I have been to in Mumbai do not have the swipe machine for the card.

OT - Stay away from ICICI credit card anyday. Choose Citibank as it is also free for life (most of their cards) and Better (telephonic) customer care, Decent reward points program, Choice in payment options, Almost error free billing - what more do you want?
Yes, Nishant is true in a sense. They have one of the worst customer service and also, not to forget, their reputation for sending collection goons and beating up customers, if they default continuously for more than 4-5 months!! ... But one thing I have noticed with ICICI credit card. If you hold a Salary A/c with ICICI, then their service for the credit card has been pretty good. I don't know if this is true with everyone though.
I use CITI, HSBC & HDFC credit cards. And out of the 3, found CITI the best!
Old 6th October 2008, 21:38   #8
Senior - BHPian

I got my i-mint from Lifestyle - I guess its available at all places where it can be used.

Its a USELESS card. Don't bother and I agree with Nishant - stay away from ICICI credit cards
Old 6th October 2008, 21:53   #9
Senior - BHPian

I use ICICI CC and got the I-mint card sent across because ICICI has tied up with them for the reward program. So, end of each month, my card reward points gets consumed in ICICI card and credited to I-mint.

What do I do with it - nothing! I am just letting it get to a considerable level so that I can get something nice.
Old 6th October 2008, 22:32   #10
BHPian

i had got the imint long back. I dont think it is for credit purchases only. You get points at various stores.

I dont think it is worth it... atleast in its current avatar with the merchants themselves not knowing about it.
Old 6th October 2008, 22:39   #11
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nishantgandhi View Post

The most abusive collections agency of the lot = Citibank. The above is true.

From an ex-insider.

Cheers

M M
Old 7th October 2008, 06:56   #12
Distinguished - BHPian

@ M M - your post & the quote dont match. it's confusing. What are you trying to say - stay away from ICICI or Citi ? or are you trying to say citi has the most abusivne collections agency, but still one should go to Citi for the above mentioned benefits ?

p.s ; may be your message may have been clearer if you had not quoted that message that you have.
Old 7th October 2008, 08:20   #13
Distinguished - BHPian

Mint? Ask them if you can eat it --- if not, forget it.

Credit cards --- do you have the need for unsecured loans at exorbitant rates of interest? If not, forget them!
Old 7th October 2008, 10:36   #14
Senior - BHPian

I was offered iMint Card by my newspaper vendor It was a part of campaign ran by Hindi Daily Newspaper "Punjab Kesari"

Credit Cards - A Happy HDFC Credit Card Customer. 0 Billing Error, 0% Interest paid till date. Collected too many rewards, through points, from them till date.
Old 7th October 2008, 12:56   #15
BHPian

Hi All,

Thanks for your valuable comments and inputs.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks