Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th November 2009, 22:54   #31
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manim View Post
Thanks!

Back from a crash-trip to Nilgiris! (15th Nov up, 16 Nov Down, covered 925 kms in two days).
Though there were a lot of landslides and heavy rain, came back safely .
I will post further details in the above thread.
OT:
Good to hear that! Please do post updates in the other thread. I guess its pretty bad. I remember the rains of '92-'93. Created similar havoc then.

I have fond memories of Laidlaw. Did my ICSE from there in '94.

Cheers
Old 31st May 2011, 15:48   #32
BHPian

Some basic questions about boarding schools...

Hi Guys,

I have a 4 years old kid and I want to send him in a boarding school right from the Kindergarten. I have learnt from this thread that it is not advisable to send a kid in boarding school at least till he is in 5th standard but I have some such a circumstances that this seems me the best option for the kid.

To be honest, I hardly know much about the boarding school and need to clarify a few doubts ...

1. Does anybody have any idea what is the minimum age when the kid can be admitted into boarding school?

2. Are good boarding school really very expensive? Can somebody please give me a rough idea about the expenses that may occur in a year (including miscl. expenses).

3. Can anybody please suggest me a good boarding school in Rajasthan or around where they give admission in UKG or similar. Note that my kid has already done LKG from one of the best school of my town.

Thanks for your help.

Last edited by DesertKing : 31st May 2011 at 15:49.
Old 31st May 2011, 16:59   #33
BHPian

Boarding school selection criteria and budget

>>>

DesertKing,

1. The minimum age/class is generally 9years/IV.
It is a good idea to put your child when she/he is a little older and can manage the emotional aspect of staying away from the parents/grandparents, say from Class V

2. Most boarding schools will set you back by about Rs 2l at the lower end; please budget about 2.5-3.0 l pa

3. I am not sure about Rajasthan but there are plenty of boarding schools in Uttarakhand so you can visit and soak in the atmosphere to evaluate which is the closest fit for your ward - the important point is that she/he should be happy there and that the faculty be sensitive and competent.

Parents have different sets of criteria for weighing boarding school, the major ones being reputation, academic results, socio-economic-cultural background of the students, board of education, options for co-curricular activities, snob value and so on.

Regards
issigonis

Last edited by issigonis : 31st May 2011 at 17:01. Reason: Added a point
issigonis is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th July 2015, 16:22   #34
BHPian

Re: Boarding schools in South India.

Cross Posting :

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifti...ml#post3766217

Mods: Can you kindly merge the threads please !

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks